Does parents' opinion counts? (1 Viewer)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
it's always good to have their opinions on things since they are people with experience, they have lived longer than you and know what it's like, so it's only their duty to inform and advise, but, they can't control people, as in, in the end it's my choice, for example, in a couple of years when i get married, i'm getting married to someone that is not from my racial background, they are totally against this, and have told me numerous times no, but, they have also told me that it is my decision in the end, and that's right, it is my decision, and i will show them my love, for my love, in the end i know they will have to accept, because they are my parents. all parents, if they are human and love their children, will accept anyone you like in the end, even if they don't want to.

With_or_without

HSC
Blissed said:
It depends. If I really liked the person i'm with and saw nothing wrong with her then i'de prefer to take the risk of not considering my parents opinion in this issue. I personally like to make my own mistakes rather than have my parents making me prevent making the same mistakes as they did. However, if I wasn't sure about something i'de ask my parents/friends first before making a decision.
I totally agree with you. Tho i prefer to make all decisions on my own and leave my parents to worry about me later.. they'll always be there for me. .right

olchik

HSC
azzie said:
dammit i made a thread exactly like this a few weeks ago.
seriously people, search option.
I didn't know that there was already a thread like this one. I never saw it, though! That question interests me a lot and I would like to learn other people's opinions, that's it!

hello_world

HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
personally if my parents told me they didnt approve of a relationship id tell them to fuck off...
i live my own life and when it comes to love i answer only to myself...

bowing to your parents will in this situation is pitiful, and it shows you really dont care about the person in question...
dam right!
as if i'd break up with someone because what my parents thought!

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
olchik said:
Would you date a guy/girl if your parents are against your realtionships?
yeh their opinion counts to a certain extent.
i mean if they hate ur partner then the relationship would be rocky from the start etc
but if u really like the person then ur parents would just have to work their way around it.. or disown you :p

olchik

HSC
Snow Pea! said:
yeh their opinion counts to a certain extent.
i mean if they hate ur partner then the relationship would be rocky from the start etc
but if u really like the person then ur parents would just have to work their way around it.. or disown you :p
I agree with you, but I don't think that parents will ever disown their child only because they don't like his partner:)

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
olchik said:
I agree with you, but I don't think that parents will ever disown their child only because they don't like his partner:)
i was joking :)

altho it has been known for some to disown their kids.. but alot of these times was because of different religious groups marrying etc

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Snow Pea! said:
How so? If you dont mind me asking :eek:
Like you said...they count to an extent...

sorta....thing....

I suck at teh engrish =\

olchik

HSC
Snow Pea! said:
i was joking :)

altho it has been known for some to disown their kids.. but alot of these times was because of different religious groups marrying etc
Oh really??? It's hard to believe that, my parents belong to different religious groups and it was ok for their parents. They loved each other and that was the main thing that mattered..

Glenn198718

parents opinion do count but if you want to listen to them or not thats another situation. I always take in what my parents say but dont always listen to them. You have to make your own decision not let your parents make it

= Jennifer =

HSC
olchik said:
Would you date a guy/girl if your parents are against your realtionships?
no i would not because my parents opinion counts more than anything and if i did go out with someone they didnt like i wouldnt have a good time because in the back of my mind i would keep worrying about what my parents think, they may be biased but they know what is best for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)