Does the age gap matter? (1 Viewer)

Lady_Melian

stary nights
HSC
I am in yr12 and have been going out with a guy who is 3yrs younger than me for almost 4months. I got heaps of shit layed on me by some of my friends when we initially began going out...nobody says anything bad about us now, they are all ok with it. When he asked me out (i didnt know exactly how old he was), but i was worried about the age difference. So i initially said no. Third time lucky i said yes, because i had gotten to know him better. We are both fine about the age difference (he is actually quite mature for his age...at least as mature around me as my guy friends are). All our parents are ok with the age difference too. I just think that in the long run it wont matter how old you are or anything like that, so if you are happy with it then go for it and dont worry what other people say....but if you are asking the question about what others think, you obviously do worry about the age factor and you need to talk to eachother and your parents about it to clear it all up. Hope it all works out! :)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
thats good- funnier still i know this reall short girl dating this really tall guy- love it

but yeah as long as u can handle ppl giving u crap dont worry

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hmm my friend's in second year and she's going out with a guy in year 10 or 11

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
bubz :D said:
hmm my friend's in second year and she's going out with a guy in year 10 or 11

that guy would be considered a legend among his mates

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
SuGa BunI =D said:
:confused: so ur 18, mum's bf ish 24 n ur mom ish 37...... so she had u wen she was .. err 9 or 10 :eek:
you're off the case

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
SuGa BunI =D said:
:confused: so ur 18, mum's bf ish 24 n ur mom ish 37...... so she had u wen she was .. err 9 or 10 :eek:
You have just proven to me that rocks do indeed have intellectual inferiors.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
SuGa BunI =D said:
babe, 37 - 17/18 ishn't 9 or 10.... keke...

(sorry, i had to do it)

mugrug

My bf is 22 and I'm 18... not a big difference and it doesn't affect us majorly.

When one person is 17 and the other is 42, then thats a major differnce. I generally feel that as long as they're both over 18 and there's less than about 10 years difference it shouldn't be too much of a problem... or at least not as creepy =P

I guess it depends on the individuals though.

eth

HSC
I'd just like to say that a) the significance of the gap decreases with age, and b) psychological maturity is more important than physical maturity.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Lady_Melian said:
I am in yr12 and have been going out with a guy who is 3yrs younger than me for almost 4months. I got heaps of shit layed on me by some of my friends when we initially began going out...nobody says anything bad about us now, they are all ok with it. When he asked me out (i didnt know exactly how old he was), but i was worried about the age difference. So i initially said no. Third time lucky i said yes, because i had gotten to know him better. We are both fine about the age difference (he is actually quite mature for his age...at least as mature around me as my guy friends are). All our parents are ok with the age difference too. I just think that in the long run it wont matter how old you are or anything like that, so if you are happy with it then go for it and dont worry what other people say....but if you are asking the question about what others think, you obviously do worry about the age factor and you need to talk to eachother and your parents about it to clear it all up. Hope it all works out! :)
not saying anything about you, but earlier this year, i went out with a guy in yr 10 for 8mths
just from personal experience, 14-15 yr old guys arent as mature as 17-18 yr old girls
our parents/friends were fine with the gap too
it took me 8mths of being with a really sweet (but a bit of a drop kick) guy to work out that we didnt have a hell of a lot in common & wanted different things from the relationship. he seemed mature in the beginning...but the i found out more about him & my impression of him went down the dunny

sorry, im not saying anything bad about your guy, he's probably a really great guy...just a word of advice, make sure you both know where the other person stands (what they want from the relationship, etc..general interest even). i just dont want you to get hurt like i did

on another note...mental maturity is definitely what should determine who's right for you, nothing about age. my current bf is turning 19 soon, im only 17 (18 next year)...there's nothing wrong with that
funny how people are weird about girls and younger guys...yet guys with heaps younger (over 5 yrs) girls, no one says anything!

Last edited:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't date anyone more than 10 yrs older then me.At my age now I wouldn't date anyone more then a yr younger then me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)