Does the age gap matter? (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think if you truely believe you connect with the person then u should go out with them...
Although at the same time, have an open mind.. don't let yourself be tricked...
Does a 40 year old guy REALLY have the same interests as you? Does a 13 year old girl really have the same thoughts as you?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
yeh people want different things at different ages

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think for guys like... if they've been trying to get a girl for ages, then a young girl starts telling them that they love them...they instantly think they're the same, because they look the same as the girls that he was chasing a few years ago, they're too romantic to realise that what they're in love with is a child.

For girls, i think they have a desire to be mature.. like their mums, thus they seek out older guys sometimes. They believe that they're OLD ENOUGH now and they want to prove it to themselves, so they go out with a big man, ignore that he is different to them and try to change themselves to fit what he wants..

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
For girls, i think they have a desire to be mature.. like their mums, thus they seek out older guys sometimes. They believe that they're OLD ENOUGH now and they want to prove it to themselves..
freud believes that girls who go for older men are unconciously looking for someone like their father... eeek

kelboo

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I think for guys like... if they've been trying to get a girl for ages, then a young girl starts telling them that they love them...they instantly think they're the same, because they look the same as the girls that he was chasing a few years ago, they're too romantic to realise that what they're in love with is a child.

For girls, i think they have a desire to be mature.. like their mums, thus they seek out older guys sometimes. They believe that they're OLD ENOUGH now and they want to prove it to themselves, so they go out with a big man, ignore that he is different to them and try to change themselves to fit what he wants..

I disagree with that for one simple, natural reason: you cannot help who you fall in love with. Anyone that disagrees with this is not and never has been in love. :uhhuh:

timrie6

HSC
N/A
berry580 said:
Well when it comes to this, I have to be sexist abit.
My standards are-

For teenage guys (up to 18), it'll be alright with a girl who's 15 or above but not more than 2 years older than you.
For teenage girls (up to 18), you should be preferably be older than 17 and its ok to be with a guy as old as 25 (or even slightly more) if you's are serious.

For matured guys & girls (over 18), if a guy is older than the girl by 10 years is alright if you's are serious, but I personally wouldn't want a girl to be older than me by more than 1 or 2 years.
who cares, if they make each other happy?

timrie6

HSC
N/A
kelboo said:
So what is the difference between you guys and your significant others then!?
I'm the same as u-
I'm 18 and hes 27

I get on with him really well, better than people my own age,
but I think we are going on different paths sorta thing

Noone I know cares about it- either that or they don't realise..
many people think hes the same age as me!

kelboo

HSC
Haha yeah i get that too:)
You gotta let him know straight-up what's wrong, if you think it's goin wayward then make sure to let him know asap.... if he's anything like mine, he'll appreciate not being fucked around.

Make sure you sort something out boo. chances are you guys are fine :D good luck with that

timrie6

HSC
N/A
kelboo said:
Haha yeah i get that too:)
You gotta let him know straight-up what's wrong, if you think it's goin wayward then make sure to let him know asap.... if he's anything like mine, he'll appreciate not being fucked around.

Make sure you sort something out boo. chances are you guys are fine :D good luck with that
I'm not even sure about anything with him!
but i know whatever happens we'll be great friends cos hes the most awesome person I've ever met

btw my parents don't care about his age. they are pretty open-minded though.
plus you are nearly 18, so, basically, can do what you like (thats what i like to think)

kelboo

HSC
I've been 18 for awhile now!! I posted this ages ago..

And I don't know if my parents would care, we live with them now too!! ;) lol.
I just don't want to be the one that brings it up, I have no idea what they are gonna say :eek:

timrie6

HSC
N/A
well if he lives with them and they get along with him fine I'm sure they won't mind once they find out
maybe they already know
its strange they haven't asked yet

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
You should probably take that down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)