Does the Burka restrict the freedom of women (1 Viewer)

Blessed Angel

Based Angel
HSC
'tempting' men?

ugh

fuck off

just another excuse and another way for them to control and oppress women

I agree that the burka is okay if a woman genuinely chooses to wear it, but I don't think it's their choice most of the time.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I know it restricts their ability to drive.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
it restricts their ability to slow ride, take it easy

RANK 1

HSC
No it doesnt restrict the freedom of women. Musilim females who wear the burka chose to wear it. clearly the main reason is to cover up their body and that is a valid point.
What do guys think of as soon as they see a girl in a bikini.......
soo maybe these women who cover up want to prevent being seen and thought of in the way that those other girls are seen as.
so what if they wear a burka, its not harming anyone. cant someone live their life according to their religion. people these days judge others on absolute bs. ok the middle east has created a bad name for itself over the past years and okay that some horrible stuff has happened concerning "muslims" BUT that does not give everyone the right to start discriminating against all "muslims".
BTW those stupid terrorists and the taliban are not considered muslim because in islam it is not NOT acceptable to kill lives.
i may not have a strong point but im just sick of all these bs excuses that the burka does this and that blah blah. WHY wasnt this a issue before 9/11 and before the cronulla riots because of a few devasting incidents caused the world to think bad of the middle east and "muslims"
why not just wear normal clothes if u want to cover up your body, islam also does not accept polygamy so does that mean mohammad is not a muslim?

Last edited:

qawe

HSC
N/A
No it doesnt restrict the freedom of women. Musilim females who wear the burka chose to wear it. clearly the main reason is to cover up their body and that is a valid point.
soo maybe these women who cover up want to prevent being seen and thought of in the way that those other girls are seen as.
so what if they wear a burka, its not harming anyone. cant someone live their life according to their religion. people these days judge others on absolute bs. ok the middle east has created a bad name for itself over the past years and okay that some horrible stuff has happened concerning "muslims" BUT that does not give everyone the right to start discriminating against all "muslims".
BTW those stupid terrorists and the taliban are not considered muslim because in islam it is not NOT acceptable to kill lives.
i may not have a strong point but im just sick of all these bs excuses that the burka does this and that blah blah. WHY wasnt this a issue before 9/11 and before the cronulla riots because of a few devasting incidents caused the world to think bad of the middle east and "muslims"
because 9/11 brought these issues to the world's attention
they were always there but no-one knew much about it

RANK 1

HSC
oh ok, so you're not prohibited from killing in islam

qawe

HSC
N/A
Stg2012 - please be quiet. No one care what you have to say, and none of that was even relevant to it restricting their freedom.
Also, it's part of the middle eastern culture, not the islamic religion according to the Qur'an. Hijaabs(sp?) should be enough.
even hijaabs are only based on one small passage of the koran, which is up to interpretation
they were not prevelant in a lot of muslim countries before the iranian revolution

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
even hijaabs are only based on one small passage of the koran, which is up to interpretation
they were not prevelant in a lot of muslim countries before the iranian revolution
I know. But they do have to cover their hair and shit and be separate during worship so I think the hijaab covers that purpose for that time.

qawe

HSC
N/A
then why haven't I ever heard a sheikh say that terrorists will go to hell, because that is the opinion of many church leaders re that guy who went crazy and killed left wingers in norway/sweden
answer: because they say one thing to the world, and another to muslims. they can't be too strong when speaking to the world, as then they would be falsely representing islam to muslims

qawe

HSC
N/A
I know. But they do have to cover their hair and shit and be separate during worship so I think the hijaab covers that purpose for that time.
elaborate? i *think* i agree though

qawe

HSC
N/A
yeah you're not I remember a quote from the korian: "Killing one person is like killing all of humanity"
it also says kill all the infidels. so what ur highlightinh is a separate issue re contradictions in koran

HSC
yeah you're not I remember a quote from the korian: "Killing one person is like killing all of humanity"
bro, that quote is out of context and stolen from the jewish talmud. First of all, that quote in the koran is referring to the people of israel (jews) not all humanity. Anyway, i don't want to get into this debate again.

qawe

HSC
N/A
banning a piece of clothing restricts freedom. It's pretty simple.
ok so everyone just walk around naked. it's not that simple.
for the record, i dont think banning the burqa will do any good, im not for or against, im just refuting people's baseless side arguments used to support their claim that the burqa should not be banned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)