• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does the devil exist? (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
lol. he tells you to 'go to hell'. but i guess that's sort of the same. Just Fast Forward that bit then :p

thats it

i just close the tv before he says it, but i only watched it once.

and i hate the end part anyway, the way he criticizes his opponents and uses obscene language combined with personal pronouns (like u dumb little ****************), that really scares me.

like im talkin to the devil, or the devil is trying to decipline me -in the arts of evil

[shivers!!]

alien

HSC
*distraut noise* how was i supposed to know? i'll go lock myself in my cupboard now.

mr EaZy

HSC
alien said:
YEP i am mormon.
yeah the lds church is a Christian church. it teaches of Christ, testifies of Christ, we believe that Jesus is our Saviour and Redeemer, that he died for us and through the atonement we can be forgiven if we repent. Lots of stuff. But yeah, if you want any more proof, look at the full name of the church.
Um, the Book of Mormon is the other book that everyone talks about, that's where the nickname comes from and it actually doesn't conflict with the Bible, well I don't think it does, I've read both and didn't pick up on anything. Yep we believe there is a "heaven" and "hell" as such, but like, within heaven there are three degrees, the three degrees of glory, and we can only make it to heaven through Christ's sacrifice. "Hell" is like out of darkness, where there is no presence of God or Jesus or the Holy Ghost.
Lol, the benefits of being mormon. for me- peace of mind. happiness. the hope that i can find eternal joy. because we believe that we can be sealed to our families forever, which means we are together after we die. um, joy in serving other people (there are lots of activities where we get together and like clean up people's gardens or go down to old ppl homes and stuff like that). baptism and repentence so i can be forgiven. the holy ghost. with like going to heaven, it says in the bible that you need to be born of water and of spirit to enter into the kingdom of God. so like baptism is an ordinance that you need to get to heaven. and the LDS church practises baptism. hope that explains everything. PM if you want more.
physician are you mormon?
so which branch of christianity is LDS an off shoot off? anglican or cath?

or should i page u that (and any other) question (s)?

alien

HSC
lol haha nah you can post questions. i'm still trying to figure out if you were sarcastic or serious...hmm....
ANYWAY, LDS isn't a shoot off the anglican church or catholic church. it's like a restored church, which means it didn't shoot off any.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
alien said:
physician are you mormon?
what kulazzi and mr eazy said....

i just decided to seacrh google... to answer mr eazy's question.. if thats where u got ur suspicion from

mr EaZy

HSC
say where'd u get that from?

GirlGoneMad said:
From most of their Bible translations they have removed the name of the true God thousands of times.
not just that, some names were changed too

like holy ghost ---> holy spirit, in the original greek texts theres no such thing as ghost! thats why they changed it to spirit (a good idea i reckon)

what is the actual meaning of Jehova? is it a name (if i remember indiana jones properly it's........)

Stan..

HSC
The 'Devil' Only exists when you believe in Jesus Christ, however if you don't believe in Jesus Christ then there is no Devil. It's just that simple.

alien

HSC
mr EaZy said:
what is the actual meaning of Jehova? is it a name (if i remember indiana jones properly it's........)
Jehova is the name given to Christ, or the name of Christ in heaven (i think)

Generator

HSC
N/A
alien said:
I KNOW THAT JESUS IS GOD'S SON ie. NOT THE SAME BEING lol :)
The Holy Trinity? The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit? Three yet one (or something)?

alien

HSC
nup i believe that they're not the same thing, they're seperate individuals (how could Jesus pray to himself?), and that they are one in purpose though.

alien

HSC
'sok. of course i'm correct! *weight of growing head causes alien to fall over*
so are you JW or something?

alien

HSC
GirlGoneMad said:
Well, my parents are JW's and so brought me up as such but in the end they are not allowed to decide for me what I am going to choose. I have to "make the truth my own" and dedicate myself to Jehovah. (we don't baptize babies cos they can't make a conscious decision.) I want to dedicate my life to Jehovah because of what I have learnt about him, how loving he is, what he has done in the past and what he will do in the future. I love Jehovah and I want to please him, rather than hurt him, and I have faith in the future he promises.
yeah that's the same reason i chose my church. we don't baptise babies either. but doesn't it freak you out that your church teaches that only 144,000 ppl will make it to heaven?

alien

HSC
lol woah that was huge lol. i always thought you guys thought that everyone else went to hell

K

katie_tully

I don't believe in God, therefore it would be hypocritical of me to believe in the devil.

I believe in individual choice, not that we are puppets of a higher being. If we are all accessible to God, then we are all accessible to the Devil. In this case, why are some people corrupted more so than others.

Exactly. You don't have a biblical response for that. I've gone one. Personal choice. I can decide whether I'm going to live a happy existance, or a murderous one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)