• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does the devil exist? (1 Viewer)

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
soha said:
so ur saying christians believe the devil is the red man living underworld with his pitchfork?
No, I am not. Don't take one part of my post just t avoid the more pressing part. Answer my question.

leetom

HSC
katie_tully said:
:( at the state of this thread
I agree. Stupid Christians avoiding any sort of debate on their religion by claiming that I am the devil.

Metroid Hunter

HSC
note that the devil doesn't actually cause the problems. He persuades the people to do whatever. He suggests the idea to a person, but it is up to them to accept or reject the idea. For Example, he might suggest to a terrorist to detonate a bomb in such and such a place. It is up to the Terrorist to accept the idea, and if he does bomb such and such a place, it will be their fault, because they had the option not to. And the devil does not turn up with a pitchfork and talk you into everything.

Last edited:

leetom

HSC
The terrorists say that God tells them to bomb places. Just 'cause we're not terrorists, can we really declare that terrorists are usurped by the devil?

malkin86

HSC
In the war in 1429 between France and England, Joan of Arc thought she heard God telling her that she was to lead France's army. England, of course, had God on their side too. She was captured by the English and burned at the stake as a devil-worshipper. After her death, she was symbolically retrialed and found innocent, and she was later canonised as a saint. So, was God hedging His bets? Or was it the influence of the Devil? Or was it that two Christian countries went to war?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)