does your family encourage you to finish year 12 (1 Viewer)

aLexTasyy

HSC
is your family supportive of your desicion to continue or are they like"You'll never make it".....seriously i just wanna punch everyone in the face that is making me feel like im not gonna make it... theres been some real fuckwits from my school that have gone through and passed...not by alot but at least they passed... seriously its like 5 days in and im already depressed about it!

advice?

suggestions?

your story? (i sound like a fkn gayness shitty magazine)

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
My family are very laid back, I think they would have been disappointed if I didnt go on but if they knew I didnt like school then I dont think they would have made me stay.

You have to remember its YOUR education, not your parents or any of the people saying you wont make it. Just do as best as you can and thats all anyone can ask of you. Dont get too down over it.

aLexTasyy

HSC
But it sucks coz im the ONLY one in my family that has been bothered to go on...my mum and dad are ancient so it was acceptable for them to drop out when they did, but these days you need that stupid piece of paper saying you did 5 or 6 exams...and passed..... then theres the whole step parent thing....dont really wanna get banned so i wont specify...but thanks anyway

*Baby-K*

HSC
Hey- if you are determined to finish then what's the problem? Ignore them it's your life not theirs. Work hard and you will be surprised.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
my parents are mad stressheads. mainly mum. dad is as well but he tries to hide it heaps. i go to a selective high school but im pretty run of the mill. im not asian. (im not meaning to be racist in mentioning that) but yeah. just clarifying haha.

since year 8 my marks have progressively worsened. i didnt really care about school cos i was never going to try until year 11 or 12. and my parents thought i was gonna die in a gutter. i tihnk its only cos we're a smart family kind. all my grandparents are/were teachers and university lecturers. both my parents went to selective schools and both did 4 units of maths all that jazz.

then i come along.

im getting shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyt results in everything haha. and my parents were heaps worried. i spose its just cos they want me to get my potential.

its heaps annoying when people stress about how your going. a lot of the time my parents just make it worse

one typical routine last year i would come home on a day where i actually wanted to do some work.. my parents would start blabbing to me about how i need to do work and i get in such a bad mood that i cant do it anymore.

i spose the only thing you can do to help them is tell them how your feeling and what you think will happen.

otherwise whoevers pissing you off doesnt know anything other than what their (wrong) impressions are.. which is bad. cos then they act the way that they think would be best. which is actually a bad way cos theyre stupid haha.

so yeah. i reckon just talk to them. it will relax them if they are less in the dark about it =]

hope that helps. if not pm me if you want about it or anything else =]

da-g91

HSC
Aye

well not that i really want to drop out of school anyways everything requires a degree of some sort these days for a decent job

but reakon my parents would clik it even if i brought it up

:p
lol

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
They just "Expect" me to do well. Thats it.

They dont even know what subjects im doing!

HSC
milocole said:
They just "Expect" me to do well. Thats it.

They dont even know what subjects im doing!
and by 'doing well' that means beating all the family friends -_-

aLexTasyy: dude i can't relate to you in anyway, but maybe you could take it as like motivation? be like "yeah, well i'll show you" - maybe you could work out a bet or something, or agree to something... say, you get money or something if you get like, above **uai?

jaychouf4n

HSC
gibbo153 said:
i go to a selective high school but im pretty run of the mill. im not asian. (im not meaning to be racist in mentioning that) but yeah. just clarifying haha.
bahahahahahaha, the funny thing is, in NSW HSC that's not racist, it's the truth. James Ruse is 95% asian, and all the top 5 schools are basically full asian schools.

My parents care about the HSC, i.e. if i fail or get a UAI below 99 I'll, as said by Kevjumba, "Be beaten with a bamboo stick".

But it doesn't bother me that much, i've improved on my ranks alot.

33/180 became 24/180 and now its 21/180 in sydney grammar, and so if i keep the work going I'm hoping for 99.4+

aussie-boy

HSC
the fact that you have the ability to write that post (with proper grammar and vocab) suggests that you can easily pass the HSC and get a reasonable UAI. its really not hard

SimonLee13

HSC
Parents assume university for sure so high school is an obvious choice.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
aussie-boy said:
the fact that you have the ability to write that post (with proper grammar and vocab) suggests that you can easily pass the HSC and get a reasonable UAI. its really not hard
Lol! I wish it were.

janetO said:
I'm Asian. nuff said.
True that.

aLexTasyy

HSC
aussie-boy said:

OMG thanks heaps yeah im not really the type to abbreviate everything unles its on msn with the LMAO and LOL and OMG crap... i think its just easier to type like that so i dont go back to school typing like an idiot

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
My mum is pretty neutral. She wouldn't mind if I dropped out and she dosn't really give much thought into to me finishing school. I guess thats a good thing, I don't have the pressure to conform but I'm not hugely encouraged.

Uhh.. and my dad. I don't think he even knows my name anymore. he doesn't know what subjects I do, he didn't even care that I got vice Captain.
:l
Ive got over being angry at him, and I'm justgoing to try and focus on doing my absolute best no matter what sort of environment I'm in.

Kimblor

HSC
my brother has always been known as the "brainiac" kid, his reading and writing and speaking were above average since before he even started school,
he skipped year one, went into a GaT/Opportunity Class type thing in years 5&6 then went to a selective high school

so everyone had extremely high hopes for him

my brother however is extremely lazy and pissed all his opportunities down the drain
his UAI was like 38 and my Dad wasn't disappointed cause he knew what to expect.

So for me, it feels like the pressure is on heavier, firstly to maximise my "potential" and succeed; go to uni etc, and secondly to do what my brother wasn't bothered to

I'll be the first person in my family to do my HSC and I hope I do it well

if I dropped out my Dad would be pretty disappointed, but I'm sure he'd understand if the reasons were legit.
on the other hand, if I got kicked out, I don't think he'd know what to do with himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)