Does your school get a copy of each person's ATAR? (1 Viewer)

wagig

HSC
From what i've been reading your ATAR is only sent to you, so what about your school? Do they get a copy of what everyone's ATAR is?

Jinks

HSC
In Victoria they do, not sure about in NSW but i'd assume so.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Yeah, they do.
Are you sure? UAC and BoS aren't the same thing. The school definitely gets a copy of your HSC marks because that's handled through BoS, but our instructions were to email/text our ATARs to the school because they said they wouldn't get them, and this was the same for a lot of my friends graduating from other high schools last year too.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Schools don't get access to your ATAR.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
In Victoria they do, not sure about in NSW but i'd assume so.
You'd assume wrong...

Yeah, they do.
Nope.

Schools don't get access to your ATAR.
This.
They have to have someone tell them.
E.g. I told my school mine, and my friend told her parents a lowered ATAR and they told her school and her school published that ATAR not her real one.

Nope. Only Raw HSC marks.
They don't get raw marks. :/
They might teach better if they got raw marks.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
E.g. I told my school mine, and my friend told her parents a lowered ATAR and they told her school and her school published that ATAR not her real one.
Why would your friend tell a lowered ATAR to their parents? To not get forced into a course or something lol?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Schools in NSW do NOT get given the student's ATARS and haven't done so since 2001. What we do get is - the students submitted assessment mark (in case we had forgotten the mark we sent in), the student's moderated assessment mark, the student's aligned exam mark and the final HSC mark. So we get the same information as is sent by the BOS to students but nothing from UAC.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
You mean we get the ALIGNED marks.
I believe schools get everything in terms of HSC marks; external marks, moderated assessment, and aligned. My teacher showed me the sheet of paper they get emailed to them.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Why would your friend tell a lowered ATAR to their parents? To not get forced into a course or something lol?
she didn't want to be DUX
She thought second would be 99.6 so she said she got 99.5 but still came first. :/

I believe schools get everything in terms of HSC marks; external marks, moderated assessment, and aligned. My teacher showed me the sheet of paper they get emailed to them.
cem is a teacher
So what cem said is right.

ebbygoo

HSC
They do get something- your teachers have access to see how much each subject contributed to your mark.

D94

HSC
N/A
They do get something- your teachers have access to see how much each subject contributed to your mark.
What? Contribute to what mark? Your subjects are independent of each other. If you are referring to ATAR, then that's a rank, not a mark. UAC scales your subjects, so your top 10 units contribute an equal amount of units towards your aggregate. The scaling is what is added to determine your aggregate, but they don't say "80% of chem + 120% of maths + etc.".

cem has already said what schools get, period.

AB940

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't live in NSW but my school definitely knew everyone's aggregate scores and their subject marks. I'm pretty sure your ATAR is just between you and the universities you apply to.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
What? Contribute to what mark? Your subjects are independent of each other. If you are referring to ATAR, then that's a rank, not a mark. UAC scales your subjects, so your top 10 units contribute an equal amount of units towards your aggregate. The scaling is what is added to determine your aggregate, but they don't say "80% of chem + 120% of maths + etc.".

Remember guys, everything you say has to be perfectly correct. Otherwise D94 will find you, and he will correct you. :D

ebbygoo

HSC

I said mark, as I do not know exactly what they get. Let me rephrase it for you.
They do get something- your teachers have access to see how much each subject contributed to your something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)