Doing really bad in year 11 (1 Viewer)

iiae12

HSC
I completely flunked year 11 Term 1 (messed up most term 1 exams) and I feel hopeless, anyone have any advice on how to get the marks that I want and actually stop thinking and start doing and actually acting on it? any advice is much appreciated

Thanks!

Asturo2009

HSC
Focus on improving your study methods and finding out where you need to improve eg, maybe you need to get a planner to properly manage time or perhaps you need a tutor to consolidate your knowledge and guide you . In doing so, keep in mind that your rankings and marks in year 11 do not contribute to your hsc mark and from here on out you can focus on improving and finding what works for you. Doing this will allow you to be better equipped in year 12. Think of year 11 as just a practice run, which is still very important but will probably be an afterthought by the end of hsc. Good luck.

iiae12

HSC
Focus on improving your study methods and finding out where you need to improve eg, maybe you need to get a planner to properly manage time or perhaps you need a tutor to consolidate your knowledge and guide you . In doing so, keep in mind that your rankings and marks in year 11 do not contribute to your hsc mark and from here on out you can focus on improving and finding what works for you. Doing this will allow you to be better equipped in year 12. Think of year 11 as just a practice run, which is still very important but will probably be an afterthought by the end of hsc. Good luck.
Thank you so much 🙏🙏

katiekms

HSC
I completely flunked year 11 Term 1 (messed up most term 1 exams) and I feel hopeless, anyone have any advice on how to get the marks that I want and actually stop thinking and start doing and actually acting on it? any advice is much appreciated

Thanks!
I have similar issues with thinking about doing it rather actually doing it. I agree with the previous advice, just start to look at where you went ‘wrong’ and try and see how you can get around that. Did you understand content but forget everything in exams? Try memorising, seek exam help from teachers, etc. Did you mess up since you don’t understand certain modules/topics? Start from those specific gaps in your knowledge and try and get up to speed by going over it with practice questions making sure you properly understand. Obviously I don’t know what subjects you’re doing, but yeah I reckon it’d likely be about going over your previous topics and making sure you actually understand what you’re learning and can apply it in questions. I hope this helps (I might just be waffling on who knows).

Last edited:

iiae12

HSC
I have similar issues with thinking about doing it rather actually doing it. I agree with the previous advice, just start to look at where you went ‘wrong’ and try and see how you can get around that. Did you understand content but forget everything in exams? Try memorising, seek exam help from teachers, etc. Did you mess up since you don’t understand certain modules/topics? Start from those specific gaps in your knowledge and try and get up to speed by going over it with practice questions making sure you properly understand. Obviously I don’t know what subjects you’re doing, but yeah I reckon it’d likely be about going over your previous topics and making sure you actually understand what you’re learning and can apply it in questions. I hope this helps (I might just be waffling on who know).
Honestly I think my biggest problem is not understanding the content initially and not seeking help at all which means Im going home and not understanding anything I did at school, so I think its those very big knowledge gaps that really caused me to mess up. Thank you so much for your insight also it really helped!

peach ice tea

HSC

Thanks!

Take a breather You got this!!
- For getting the marks that you want, start of with believing in yourself first(sounds stupid but hey having confidence in yourself certainly does help , at least i hope so 😭)
- Recognise the areas that you need to improve in and then approach those.
- Look at past papers and their solutions. - This can help you understand how to answer questions, where the marks are allocated and how to gain those marks.

- Use:
- youtube: math - organic chemistry tutor, bio - amoeba sisters, english - lisa's study guides
- online resources: ace hsc,thsconline,artofsmart,quizlet,atomi,edrolo(me personally i still have beef with edrolo but sometimes it is useful 🌝)

- Even if 1 hour a day of studying feels like it is nothing, once you get into the flow, you can start increasing the time BUT make sure to not overwork yourself either)
- Ask for feedback from teachers, online, peers,etc
- Also idk if you do use pomodoro timers but they do help with productivity.

You still have time to improve and it is ok, I believe in you.
Although, it does feel like it is the end of the world, it isn't. (ik everyone says this but eh it is true)
Also, make sure to balance your school work and your social life.
Don't feel like you have to sit at a desk 24/7.
Enjoy yourself because yr11 and yr12 will be your last years of hs!!!

aqwerty13402

HSC

Thanks!
u got this :redface:

iiae12

HSC
Take a breather You got this!!
- For getting the marks that you want, start of with believing in yourself first(sounds stupid but hey having confidence in yourself certainly does help , at least i hope so 😭)
- Recognise the areas that you need to improve in and then approach those.
- Look at past papers and their solutions. - This can help you understand how to answer questions, where the marks are allocated and how to gain those marks.

- Use:
- youtube: math - organic chemistry tutor, bio - amoeba sisters, english - lisa's study guides
- online resources: ace hsc,thsconline,artofsmart,quizlet,atomi,edrolo(me personally i still have beef with edrolo but sometimes it is useful 🌝)

- Even if 1 hour a day of studying feels like it is nothing, once you get into the flow, you can start increasing the time BUT make sure to not overwork yourself either)
- Ask for feedback from teachers, online, peers,etc
- Also idk if you do use pomodoro timers but they do help with productivity.

You still have time to improve and it is ok, I believe in you.
Although, it does feel like it is the end of the world, it isn't. (ik everyone says this but eh it is true)
Also, make sure to balance your school work and your social life.
Don't feel like you have to sit at a desk 24/7.
Enjoy yourself because yr11 and yr12 will be your last years of hs!!!
thanks so much for this i'm so grateful 🙏 🙏 🙏

Whyhellothere:)

HSC
Honestly I think my biggest problem is not understanding the content initially and not seeking help at all which means Im going home and not understanding anything I did at school, so I think its those very big knowledge gaps that really caused me to mess up. Thank you so much for your insight also it really helped!
Yep, the exact same issue here lolol u put it in a good way :,)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)