Don't Ever Do Drugs (1 Viewer)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Henry Kwan: what a tragic waste of a young life with so much to live for.

And if you want to do so-called recreational drugs, for whatever reasons best known to you, your tragic end does not just end there - think of the lifetime of grief you leave behind for your loved ones.

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
yeah kids just remember that there are literally thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people who take recreational drugs daily, weekly and monthly and the worst thing that happens to them is they get attacked by the police

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Channel 9 on their news report last night said it could be bought online legally and then proceeded to show the website which showed the site name and product name. Seemed a but dumb to me.

SMH report the tabs the boy was sold were $1.50 each under the belief it was real LSD. Not sure how someone could really believe that.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Even if it is LSD, why must you do LSD? What is so exciting about it? Why? Why? Why? Is life so boring that one must seek such kicks? Is it such a cool thing to do? Must life be interesting or exciting to be meaningful? I just don't understand the thinking of so many young people - but, thankfully, I suspect very very few people on BoS do it.

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I agree, LSD seems particularly risky to me given the small dosage (micrograms). You have no idea of knowing of it is 200ug dose or of it is a 1000ug fatal dose.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Why do people do anything?

Also, the boy knew exactly what he was getting into. If you're gonna take drugs, you have to assume responsibility for the consequences. He's not a victim.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
I agree, LSD seems particularly risky to me given the small dosage (micrograms). You have no idea of knowing of it is 200ug dose or of it is a 1000ug fatal dose.
You can't overdose on LSD. You can overdose on similar synthetic drugs that are sold as LSD though.

seanieg89

HSC
Even if it is LSD, why must you do LSD? What is so exciting about it? Why? Why? Why? Is life so boring that one must seek such kicks? Is it such a cool thing to do? Must life be interesting to be worth living? I just don't understand the thinking of so many young people - but I suspect very very few people on BoS do it.
I would be more interested in hearing your main reasons for why you think people SHOULDN'T do LSD, beyond its legal status...as that was clearly not the issue with this particular substance.

seanieg89

HSC
The LD50 lethal dose estimate for LSD is gigantic, 0.2-1mg per kg of body mass. Good luck finding a drug dealer generous enough to provide you with that much without you being very aware of it.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I would be more interested in hearing your main reasons for why you think people SHOULDN'T do LSD, beyond its legal status...as that was clearly not the issue with this particular substance.
Not just LSD. Irrelevant whether a drug is legal or not. I have no profound philosophical basis for urging young people to avoid drugs. I'm just concerned about the amount of harm to self and society. I do not wish to unleash a torrent of high-falluting arguments for and against. One can always offer seemingly convincing arguments one way or the other. Mine is just the simplistic view of one shaking his head over why people must do drugs at all. Call me naive if you like.

seanieg89

HSC
Not just LSD. Irrelevant whether a drug is legal or not. I have no profound philosophical basis for urging young people to avoid drugs. I'm just concerned about the amount of harm to self and society. I do not wish to unleash a torrent of high-falluting arguments for and against. One can always offer seemingly convincing arguments one way or the other. Mine is just the simplistic view of one shaking his head over why people must do drugs at all. Call me naive if you like.
Out of interest do you hold alcohol in the same regard?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Out of interest do you hold alcohol in the same regard?
I'm only urging youngsters on BoS to stay away from drugs; I wasn't thinking of alcohol although, for this I'd urge moderation. But look we live in a democratic society. On has the freedom to do stupid things. As you sow, so shall you reap. Up to you. I'm just urging young people here to be sensible. I have no desire to engage in a debate about what being "sensible" means.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
If drugs are used for medical purposes, I do not object to it's use, for example painkillers to ease a patient's journey to the hospital.

On the other hand, teenagers should not simply use drugs for fun or to relieve peer pressure (especially at a party or concert). One pill or sniff is all it takes to get hooked.

Last edited:

Frostbitten

HSC
I'm only urging youngsters on BoS to stay away from drugs; I wasn't thinking of alcohol although, for this I'd urge moderation. But look we live in a democratic society. On has the freedom to do stupid things. As you sow, so shall you reap. Up to you. I'm just urging young people here to be sensible. I have no desire to engage in a debate about what being "sensible" means.
What about weed? What are your thoughts on that?

itoki2288

HSC
N/A
Such a pity. But why did he use the stuff?
I think he was peer pressured by some idiotic friends. He didn't do stuff before it so I think it was just a single misjudgement on his part which results in our entire year just being severely depressed about how his family is coping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)