Don't Ever Do Drugs (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I think he was peer pressured by some idiotic friends. He didn't do stuff before it so I think it was just a single misjudgement on his part which results in our entire year just being severely depressed about how his family is coping.
Were his friends a bad influence ?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Really unfortunate, can't imagine how his friends and family feel :(

Reminds me of some 1960s propaganda video i've seen before where someone jumps out of a building after taking LSD.

Just curious though, would anyone here blame the alcohol and call for it to be banned if someone did something foolish (i.e. crossing road and getting run over, leaning over tall balcony) while drunk?

Last edited:

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Why do people do anything?

Also, the boy knew exactly what he was getting into. If you're gonna take drugs, you have to assume responsibility for the consequences. He's not a victim.
You don't take a drug though with the assumption that you're gonna die in the next few hours.

You'd assume it would just give you a bit of a high. Instead it resulted in like 90mins of convulsions and then his suicide? Please.

Also, no he did not know what he was getting into.

Something similar happened to me and I ended up in an ambulance for the night, so no, you don't contemplate a life/death situation when you take a drug of some sort.

Plus the kid was only 17 and hadn't even been into this sort of thing before! The fact that you say he needs to live with the consequences is disgusting.

Well, there's my rant for the day.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
You don't take a drug though with the assumption that you're gonna die in the next few hours.

You'd assume it would just give you a bit of a high. Instead it resulted in like 90mins of convulsions and then his suicide? Please.

Something similar happened to me and I ended up in an ambulance for the night, so no, you don't contemplate a life/death situation when you take a drug of some sort.

Plus the kid was only 17 and hadn't even been into this sort of thing before! The fact that you say he needs to live with the consequences is disgusting.

*cough cough* . Everyone knows there's a negative connotation with drugs.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
all drugs should be legal, administered and produced by the government. also heavily tax it. if its legal, you know its not cut with god knows what, and is legitimate.

the worst thing about drugs is that they are illegal

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
all drugs should be legal, administered and produced by the government. also heavily tax it. if its legal, you know its not cut with god knows what, and is legitimate.

the worst thing about drugs is that they are illegal
I don't neccesarily agree with this sentiment 100%, but it really does appear in this case (and others) that actual LSD would be safer than whatever was being passed off as it.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The LD50 lethal dose estimate for LSD is gigantic, 0.2-1mg per kg of body mass. Good luck finding a drug dealer generous enough to provide you with that much without you being very aware of it.
B10

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
What are your own thoughts on that?
You have no idea what you're talking about and shouldn't be listened to by anyone in any regard.

Some drugs are a lot of fun, it's really the way to go imo.

Lol at people who don't ingest novel synthetic hallucinogens produced in unknown chinese labs, and procede to sit very still in a darkened room listening to brian eno for 6 hours, you are living a pathetic ersatz existence.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, please don't demomise drugs because you aren't going to stop kids from doing them by doing so, but what you are going to do is increase the chances that they won't seek help from an adult IF something goes wrong

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Also, please don't demomise drugs because you aren't going to stop kids from doing them by doing so, but what you are going to do is increase the chances that they won't seek help from an adult IF something goes wrong
Yes exactly this, the OPs ignorant remarks are the kind of drug propaganda that was proven decades ago to increase harm, the whole evidence base of drug education promotes harm minimisation, acknowledging that if people are going to use drugs, with correct information it is possible to do so much more safely. If you're going to do drugs, do your research.

HSC
N/A
It's unfortunate that he died, and I sympathise for all his family and friends. I don't think there's anything wrong in what drongoski is saying though. He hasn't demonised anything, really.

How is what he said any different to telling someone not to speed while driving?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It's unfortunate that he died, and I sympathise for all his family and friends. I don't think there's anything wrong in what drongoski is saying though. He hasn't demonised anything, really.

How is what he said any different to telling someone not to speed while driving?
Good analogy, but in fact OP SHOULD be telling people not to speed when they drive but is infact telling them just not to drive at all. There's a difference.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
I think he was peer pressured by some idiotic friends. He didn't do stuff before it so I think it was just a single misjudgement on his part which results in our entire year just being severely depressed about how his family is coping.
Some of the smartest people I know take drugs. It's not just an activity for idiots. Maybe he wanted to experiment.

HSC
N/A
Good analogy, but in fact OP SHOULD be telling people not to speed when they drive but is infact telling them just not to drive at all. There's a difference.
OP is not telling people not to drive at all, just to be sensible. Drugs and speeding are both risks. Chances are, nothing will happen, but it doesn't mean you should do it anyway. Like speeding, it's not just you at the end of the day that would be affected if something goes wrong.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC

When you take a drug of any sort, you should be aware that there are dangers involved. Especially so when the drug is illegal and you bought it off the net. Even if it was real LSD, there's a chance it could trigger serious health problems, and he should have been aware of these issues. If you're not at least considering that an illegal pill you buy from a stranger could have a terrible impact on your life, then you are partly to blame for what happens when you take it.

I don't think he needs to "live with the consequences", but I think it's unreasonable to portray him as a victim of synthetic drug companies. It's not like someone slipped it into his drink. He made a bad decision and it's tragic, and of course society could improve itself in regards to drugs from an educational and criminal point of view. But he made a choice. If he was aware of the risks and did it anyway, then it's partly his fault. If he was not aware of the risks, then it's also partly his fault for taking a drug without knowledge of what could happen.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
OP is not telling people not to drive at all, just to be sensible. Drugs and speeding are both risks. Chances are, nothing will happen, but it doesn't mean you should do it anyway. Like speeding, it's not just you at the end of the day that would be affected if something goes wrong.
Oh I'm sorry the thread title of "Don't Ever Do Drugs" kinda implies that the OP is telling people to never do something

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Yes exactly this, the OPs ignorant remarks are the kind of drug propaganda that was proven decades ago to increase harm, the whole evidence base of drug education promotes harm minimisation, acknowledging that if people are going to use drugs, with correct information it is possible to do so much more safely. If you're going to do drugs, do your research.
this

Frostbitten

HSC
Anyone who takes drugs should be sent to goal because they are criminal scum! CRIMINAL SCUM! (sarcasm)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)