Don't you just have that gut feeling? (1 Viewer)

shane23q06

HSC
lolll
i have a gut feeling that i will just creep ...JUST....crep into the 90s...or get high 80's...it wont really bother me as long as i get into my course...however that 90+ UAI would be nice for self-satisfaction!...well i need a 90+UAI to get into the course but anywayz i'll leave that matter till later in the year...

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Shrikar said:
Exactly, but can you imagine how humiliating it would be if you ended up getting lower than 93. I thought getting a 90 was bad, then i thought about the marks needed to get that, and instantly i thought other wise.
You have to understand something. It really doesn't matter what your UAI is as long as it gets you into the uni course you want nobody cares and once you are in uni nobody gives about what your UAI was. I have never been asked my UAI following the day they were released.

watatank said:
You complain if that 90+ doesn't get you into your uni course that you want. Otherwise its just plain bitching and you should really stfu because hundreds of people have to make do with some other shitty course that was their fourth of fifth preference which they don't want to do.
Here, here.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Pritnep, you're right. Even though I haven;'t had the pleasure of receiving my UAI and discussin it with others, i think that as long as you get into your course, it will be fine. See, for me, I am aiming 10, 15 or 20 points above the course I want so I have a better chance at scholarships so I don't have to drain my parents' pockets.

ellen.louise

HSC
pritnep said:
You have to understand something. It really doesn't matter what your UAI is as long as it gets you into the uni course you want nobody cares and once you are in uni nobody gives about what your UAI was. I have never been asked my UAI following the day they were released.

Here, here.
It's an intellectual penis thing... again... <fuck i love that phrase>
You will know for the rest of your life, or at least until you go senile, what you got for your UAI. Nobody else cares. Hell, if it's that bad, say you didn't apply for one. But some people care more what they think of themselves than what others do.

Personally I care but I wont die of shame if i get, like, 85 instead of desired 95+. Just depends on the person.

Plus for some people, mummy dearest cares. too much.

2ndbest

Erratic Member
HSC
mmm I have no idea what uni course I want to do, they all fall into the 90s with one exception. I would just love to pick any course I want at any uni I wanted. Some people would say that's selfsih, but I call it optimism!
And I know UAIs go up by .05 but I am still hoping they will look at my exams and will just have to give me something better than 99.95. You know like "stuff the system, this girl is brilliant!" while I wil be sitting at home thinking "Gee I'm sure glad my exam got mixed up with someone elses!"

HSC
There's nothing wrong with going for scholarships, in fact that's a good thing! But there's really no point in bitching about *only* getting 89.95 when you need 80 to get into uni, since you need 95+ to even stand a chance for many scholarships (depending what you go for I guess).

HSC
ellen.louise said:
You will know for the rest of your life, or at least until you go senile, what you got for your UAI. Nobody else cares.
Yeah that is true, you will remember...but in time you will find that no one else cares, so why should you?

Chocolat

HSC
Sometimes I feel that I won't achieve my aim of getting a 90 + UAI...like when I know I'm slacking off or have this gut wrenching feeling that I have done badly in an assessment...but...not to sound conceited or anything...I know that I can do it...if I dedicate myself...which I will..starting tomorrow!
I mean, ideally, above 95 would be awesome because then I would be eligible for a scholarship...but we'll see :D.

iniv

HSC
nichhhole said:
i have nightmares of getting 93.
thats horrible isnt it? its top 7% of stateish.. and yet its a nightmare..
damn these high expectations.
OMG yes....I can so relate-

I had a dream/nightmare a little while ago about getting my HSC results and UAI (came for some reason on the same day in my dream)

Anway I got a couple of band 6s, and a UAI of 91, and I was sooooo depressed, parents were all disapointed :(

then I woke up and was like wth?!? . For the record I don't think there's anything wrong with a UAI of 91- top 9%, or there abouts, of the state!!...probably why my dream weirded me out/was so confusing- I was all confused and worried about what of that was my UAI (or a lower UAI), would it really be that bad/would I react that badly?? :eek:

argh...my parents have really high expectations of me too, probably too high. It's nice to know they think I'm so intelligent and hardworking, I'm just worried they'll be disapointed

Last edited:

shorty123

HSC
gypo_rich said:
This is my brother, nearly everyday after school - BRO UR NOT GONA GET above 95 (u do std. english)

^thats my brothers way of motivating, like for me to kik his uai

omg gypo_rich my brother is the same, but his way of tryin to supposedly motivate me is by constantly telling me "that im a dumbass and the way im going i'd be lucky to get a 90"
Apparently im supposed to all get pissed off at him for that and study ten times harder to get a higher UAI and prove him wrong:mad1:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^ well i think that only works when it naturlly happens.
not when someone says something intentionally...to have that effect.

like when my cousin told me i couldn't beat my brother who did his hsc a couple of yrs ago.

that....was quite motivating.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Shrikar said:
Don't you have that gut feeling that says that you won't get a 90< UAI.
Well i just did, didn't feel too good. :mad1: Maybe cause of my crappy performance in my half-yearlies. Any how just wondering how everyone feels about this year. I think its safe to say we have officially entered hell and quite frankly i can't wait till this year is over.
Wait until you get to uni(presuming that you want to go to uni) it's 10 times more hellish.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
i have three cousins who are really close in age to me [we're all born within a year and a week] and i am DETERMINED to top them all. the girl who's a week older than me is considered my "twin" but she's still in year 10 in jakarta so whatever i do will top her anyway :p but i wanna be my grandma's favourite.
THAT is my motivation for a 90>. but even with that im doubting that i'd be able to get it :(

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
nichhhole said:
when i was in year 10 i got in BIG shit. [ie. grounded for a year, no phone, no msn... was meant to go to HK in the next 5days... that was cancelled.]

anyway.. it was regarding a boy..
haha.. [as it always is..]
and my parents have this huge.. 'BOYS WILL BE UR DOWNFALL. UR LETTING BOYS GET IN THE WAY OF UR FUTURE"
blah blha.
so it just put me in the right mindset to work etc to prove to them i wasnt.... and i ended up topping the grade in 3 subjects.. and getting most consistent in 4 others ?
best academic year for me :)

was it MLK who said,.. 'the greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot'

so.. any boys wanna be my next downfall?
haha :)
i'm actually seriously considering it...
[my parents generally let me do what i want, trusting that ill do what i need to do for school etc..]
but this year i need their discipline :)
argH!
hiya. ;p haha

u guys really have weird dreams. XD
Althoguh, I dreamt last night i was still in highschool.. and then some guy in a biplane (lol wdf?) dropped like 2 bombs in our school and i managed to escape ~O~'''

man i have weird dreams. lmao.

seriously though, worrying about ur UAI now is like .. pretty pointless. lol. worry about ur study's and s tuff. worry about ur uai when u actually finish ur hsc exams and u go "omfg wdf bbq!! i'm gonna phail!!! zomg kill me now, et cetera."

haha,, yeah.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
Wait until you get to uni(presuming that you want to go to uni) it's 10 times more hellish.
lmao.

indeed it is.
i phailed my finance quiz. >o<

although, im enjoying it atm. ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)