• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

dream cheating (1 Viewer)

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
how would you feel if you (or your partner) had dreams about other men/women?
- in a sexual/intimate way?

do you think it somehow represents unfaithfulness? or is it perfectly normal etc?

*not related to me or my rape dream*

Jaydels

HSC
I think it's probably normal. I doubt there's anything to worry about as long as it stays as only dreams. Or maybe if it happened all the time, but if it's just a one off thing i wouldn't worry.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I agree with Jay, I wouldnt worry about it. A one off is probably normal, and liek meh whatever its JUST a dream. But yeah all the time and Id begin to worry. otherwise dont take it to heart.

maskd

HSC
You can't really control your dreams, so I wouldn't care.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
this reminds of the episode of the simpsons where willy tries to kill the children in their dreams and bart, lisa & maggie have to stop it. baaaaasically, he tells me when he has dreams like that and we all have a big laugh because if i were to judge him for it, it would be highly hypocritical since i've dream cheated more times than i can remember.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
My best friend wont speak to her boyfriend for days if she has a dream where he cheated on her. what an idiot.

i dont think those kind of dreams mean anything bad.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Ennaybur said:
how would you feel if you (or your partner) had dreams about other men/women?
- in a sexual/intimate way?

do you think it somehow represents unfaithfulness? or is it perfectly normal etc?

*not related to me or my rape dream*
It means nothing. Unless its happening every night[ in which case you are obsessed with sex] its just a random occurance.

4th week, 1st year psych.

Kegs

HSC
FireFlower said:
I've had a few dreams about cheating on my boyfriend with an ex. I always felt a little guilty when I woke up, but its not like I actually did anything wrong. I never mentioned it to my boy though, it wouldnt do any good. You can't control your dreams so they're not you're fault. Probably best not to tell your bf/gf about cheating dreams though.
I think it is the opposite. You should tell them if you have a dream or something. It is not a big deal, but if they foind out later somehow, they can think it is a big deal cause you hid. My gf and I are quite open and will discuss pretty much anything including other people we find attractive. I think that sharing as much as you can can only make your relationship stronger, esp when it comes to sex issues and thoughts. Of course it would be a different story if I told her I want to sleep with another girl, but for some reason she would have no problem with me sleeping with a guy. Go figure.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Hahaha that's hilarious that I stumbled onto this thread.

This morning when my boyfriend woke me, the first thing I said was "YEESSSS! I madeout with John Mayer in my dream!"

Nothing to be ashamed of, you can't control it. Not even worth mentioning as some sort of concern :/

miaowsha

HSC
Some of you people are nuts.

As if care. Seriously. It's just a dream.

latvia

HSC
N/A
it's ok.
sometimes you sex-dream of someone you don't even know or feel for irl.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Hmmm...I used to be worried - My first ex dreamed that Jennifer Aniston wanted him to f*** her...I go quite jealous, but then, I was only 14, 15?

Nowadays, I try not to worry. I did actually have a dream abt me cheating, just several nights ago, sometimes it's just a reflection of our fears, worries, etc...but sex dreams, even dreams where you just cuddle, with your crushes, who'll never be together with you, are always good lol - they've been a source of poems and song lyrics for me :)

Last edited:

puglover

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Hahaha that's hilarious that I stumbled onto this thread.

This morning when my boyfriend woke me, the first thing I said was "YEESSSS! I madeout with John Mayer in my dream!"

Nothing to be ashamed of, you can't control it. Not even worth mentioning as some sort of concern :/
John Mayer is awesome :p
Hey is that him in your sig?
Oh and by the way he is comin to Melbourne!
But I have no money for tickets =[.
i spent my money on Red Hot Chilli Pepper and local band tickets :(
In fact haha listening to John Mayer, room for squares now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)