Dropping Physics and picking up Ancient History? (1 Viewer)

itszen

HSC
Right now im considering dropping Physics and picking up Ancient History. Though Ancient History is a weaker scaler then Physics, history has been my strongest component with my studies. But i've always been interested into the 'Modern' side of history and not so much of the ancient-side.What do you guys think?

Julie Y

HSC
Right now im considering dropping Physics and picking up Ancient History. Though Ancient History is a weaker scaler then Physics, history has been my strongest component with my studies. But i've always been interested into the 'Modern' side of history and not so much of the ancient-side.What do you guys think?
if u like doing history you should choose it coz passion=success ~
Dont look at the scaling
and pick modern im doing it too
it's fuun
btw. learning the bascis atm .. BORING

Klutsov

HSC
Do a history

If you are stronger at it than physics, scaling wont matter

drpeterd

HSC
Look physics is debatedly the hardest subject. If you are going to do it you better love it, be committed and have quite a strong aptitude for it. If you lack any of those factors you are really going to struggle and it won't be worth your while. I'm in year 12 atm and doing Ancient History and it's great. How much you like it really depends on your electives and teacher but if you are into history you will enjoy it.
So yeah, unless you believe you can seriously do physics, drop it and pick up Ancient.

K. Rudd.

awaitingtrain

HSC
I'm doing both Ancient and Physics at the moment and I can tell you that Physics is one of the most interesting subjects you can do but it's also one of the most complicated. If you are doubting yourself the safest answer would be to do Ancient History because it is just as interesting and involves the some of the same thought processes but is less demanding.

I also think studying a history is wise because science/maths student types can suffer from a severe condition informally known as "The Twilight Zone" (Doo doo DOo DOO doo dOO doo DOO). But seriously too many sciences and lots of maths can warp reality a bit, you lose empathy skills and tend to get a bit lost when someone mentions morals.

Think of doing a humanities subject as a your tether to 'humanity'. ;)

itszen

HSC
I'm doing both Ancient and Physics at the moment and I can tell you that Physics is one of the most interesting subjects you can do but it's also one of the most complicated. If you are doubting yourself the safest answer would be to do Ancient History because it is just as interesting and involves the some of the same thought processes but is less demanding.

I also think studying a history is wise because science/maths student types can suffer from a severe condition informally known as "The Twilight Zone" (Doo doo DOo DOO doo dOO doo DOO). But seriously too many sciences and lots of maths can warp reality a bit, you lose empathy skills and tend to get a bit lost when someone mentions morals.

Think of doing a humanities subject as a your tether to 'humanity'. ;)
Whats the twilight zone actually? But anyways thank you to all for your advice as i will pick up ancient history. =]

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If it's your strong point, go for it!

Also drpeterd, Extension 2 Maths is the hardest mainstream subject.

xMaFF

HSC
if u like doing history you should choose it coz passion=success ~
Dont look at the scaling
and pick modern im doing it too
it's fuun

btw. learning the bascis atm .. BORING
go for it
as you sound enthusiastic
Do a history

If you are stronger at it than physics, scaling wont matter
I agree with all mentioned above.
Do the history!

Exceptional performance in a moderately scaling subject while enjoying it (Modern) is better than performing average in a high scaling subject.

vantastic

HSC
I did modern and ancient in year 11, and was considering dropping one of them in year 12, but im so glad i kept both. i also took up extension history. it looks like you're still trying to get into modern history, but ancient is well worth it. i found it so enjoyable and interesting, it was one of my favorite subjects in the HSC. If you have a passion for history i think its well worth your time and effort, despite it being a 'lower scaling' subject. I think a lot of ppl make the mistake of choosing subjects that scale higher in the hopes of getting better marks, despite being less able at the subject. choose a niche, something you love and are good at and you'll be absolutely fine =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)