• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Drug Legalisation (1 Viewer)

Should Drug use be Legalised?

• Yes, let them whatever they want without approval

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Yes, under strict conditions and supervision

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • No, Punishments should be even harsher

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Why is marijuana still illegal?

I find it hard to believe why people are against it. Honestly life is given to everyone, it should be your choice to choice to accept it and live or not.
My SOR teacher used an example of old people who try and undergo euthanasia because they feel they are a burden on their family if they stay alive. She said they were kind of being forced into it.
But she never gave actual reasons for any other case.
It's mostly because she believes life is a precious gift from God and we don't own our own lives. Ew...
Then why is it called our 'own' life if we don't 'own' it? Slut.
But yeah, I think the example she used was shit anyway.
If the old person feels they are a burden and want to die then who are we to stop them?

powlmao

Banned
HSC

I agree. I said it had no place in our school. It was completely biased and they had no good points other than bible references and what God said. I have nothing against religion, but it was sort of pathetic tbh. It infuriated me when I read it.

I do go to a religious school
I thought so. I have heard you get alot of that in religious schools, you never get it in non-religious schools

I don't go to a religious school even though I am religious and I believe religion has no place with education, it is a bad mix.

HSC

I think I got the same shit.
I acquired several copies and threw them into the bin in front of majority of my teachers.
And my religion teacher agreed the book was pretty bullshit.
It said something about how Atheists are one thing, which was completely false.
And it said that there are so many atheist wars that people ignore and blame on religion.
An example they used was Hitler and the Holocaust.
I loled.
Christian Hitler killing dirty Jews... Who's an atheist there?
Was it released by that cardinal dude?

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A

please again refer to this video

this is science

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

I agree. I said it had no place in our school. It was completely biased and they had no good points other than bible references and what God said. I have nothing against religion, but it was sort of pathetic tbh. It infuriated me when I read it. My religion teacher said that because of the school being religious, they were putting the "christian views out there, and that it wasn't intended for me, but for my parents". That is bull.l
Our booklet was clearly intended to brainwash the less intelligent students... but they don't read so it was a waste.
Also, ours said something about when a husband and wife have sex they are expressing their love for God.
And I was like "Oh that explains why my mum always yells out "OH GOD. OH GOD!""
Everyone laughed.
My parents are separated.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

I thought so. I have heard you get alot of that in religious schools, you never get it in non-religious schools
I don't go to a religious school even though I am religious and I believe religion has no place with education, it is a bad mix.
If I didn't go to a Catholic school I would probably still be Catholic, but after learning so much about the religion and the people within it I realised how shit it was and then realised how shit all religion is.

Was it released by that cardinal dude?
I don't know I threw it out.
It had a section on atheists, sex and sexuality, drugs and alcohol and something else.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

Off topic conversations should be kept to non school guise. Just deleted over 50 posts which had nothing to do with the topic.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A

Off topic conversations should be kept to non school guise. Just deleted over 50 posts which had nothing to do with the topic.
yay

HSC

Our booklet was clearly intended to brainwash the less intelligent students... but they don't read so it was a waste.
Also, ours said something about when a husband and wife have sex they are expressing their love for God.
And I was like "Oh that explains why my mum always yells out "OH GOD. OH GOD!""
Everyone laughed.
My parents are separated.
I think they were trying to do that too. Thing is, I have kids in my school who blindly follow religion, not questioning their faith at all. I don't think they even understand their religion. Must have been the way they were raised.

Sorry :cry:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

It was on topic. That teased him because he wouldn't give them medicinal marijuana he got for his NF-1

powlmao

Banned
HSC

Oh, oops.

But with the legalization of drugs you have to look on the social-economic affect on society.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A

Oh, oops.

But with the legalization of drugs you have to look on the social-economic affect on society.
Such as saving billions a year on the failed drug wars? Letting people out of prisons to work for a living? The billions to be made on selling substances?

Yes we do need to look at these things

powlmao

Banned
HSC

Such as saving billions a year on the failed drug wars? Letting people out of prisons to work for a living? The billions to be made on selling substances?

Yes we do need to look at these things
The war on drugs will never be won, the money spent is such a waste and could be used for such a better purpose.

However that really only is the economic side.

Socially it does impact peoples lives dramatically.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A

The war on drugs will never be won, the money spent is such a waste and could be used for such a better purpose.

However that really only is the economic side.

Socially it does impact peoples lives dramatically.
yes by turning people to crime

by criminalising drug use

by not allowing torts against people who sell bad drugs

etc

you're absolutely right

it drives people who are addicted to commit crimes to get their drugs because of artificially high prices because of the black market

WE CANNOT KEEP DRUGS OUT OF PRISONS FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A

Say what you want but prohibition has a higher economic and social toll than legalisation ever could

powlmao

Banned
HSC

Say what you want but prohibition has a higher economic and social toll than legalisation ever could
Personally I would rather it be legalized. At least then money can be used better and people can pick their own life path.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A

Playing devil's advocate in this debate quickly dissolves into farce

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

drugs are illegal because the US military industrial complex makes money that way

Lentern

HSC

I think this is the first instance of notable moderation I've seen since Iron gave it up years ago lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)