Drugsdrugsdrugsdrugsdrugs (1 Viewer)

a8o

HSC
i wonder if they'll have sniffers on the flight up or if my mate's gonna get busted.

juicebox12

HSC
sarah_is_happy said:
how immature and irrisponsible of you to condone drug use
juicebox12 said:
Anyway, party safe, and remember, if you decide to embark on drug use, you can have either an extremely positive or extremely negative time. It is all subjective. I'm not condoning drug use at all; I'm merely using facts to dispel some of the myths that surround drug use, brought on by certain parties. Remeber - harm reduction, and moderation, ARE A MUST!
How immature is it for someone to make outlandish comments about how drugs are ruining society and turning people into mindless puppets. On the contrary, wouldn't people who follow exactly what the media and government has to say as the truth, more like those in Bladerunner and BNW?

sarah_is_happy said:
im allowed to think what i want.
I 100% agree with that, and I realise that your thoughts regarding this subject are your own, and I respect that. BUT, when you make unsubstantiated claims
Drugs kill, people get addicted....
that are generalised, when in reality, only have to do with less than 1% of the population, then I feel it necessary to clarify things for those who do like to seek actual proven fact, as opposed to generalised/sensationalist ramblings.

I take drugs. I drink, I have the occassional cigarette, and if I am sick, I take medicine, but I have not yet taken an illicit substance. At schoolies, I plan to try marijuana, but I feel I am able to deal with it in a safe and enjoyable manner, as I've done a lot of research into harm reduction. This is how drugs should be perceived - as an educated person's self-motivated decision to try a new experience, but I do know too well that this is not the case in society. However, this does not mean that they should be demonised by any means. All drugs, I believe, have some benefits, and when used safely, and for what they are intended, I believe it can be a pleasant OR beneficial (whether recreationally or medicinally) experience.

if you need to take drugs to have fun...you really need help to know what fun is....
No. Drugs aren't there to get people to 'have fun', rather, in a suitable context, they can enhance the fun, or bring about a new perspective to a situation. From conversing with drug users, it would seem that most drugs (with the exception of LSD and Psilocybin (magic mushrooms)), they are only enjoyable in a certain context, and only continue to maintain this enhancing power when moderation is observed.

a8o said:
i wonder if they'll have sniffers on the flight up or if my mate's gonna get busted.
Yes, I do believe that there can be sniffer dogs used on domestic flights, at the airports. I have heard that they are only used to detect explosives, but I would not risk taking anything illicit to where you are going via plane.

Last edited:

Luke_D

HSC
juicebox12 said:
At schoolies, I plan to try marijuana, but I feel I am able to deal with it in a safe and enjoyable manner, as I've done a lot of research into harm reduction.
But why do you feel the need to experiment in the first place?

The only benefit I can possibly think of (and trust me it was hard) for taking drugs of that sort are the social benefits with the people that would most obviously be doing it with you.

Personally, I wouldn't put myself in that situation/environment in the first place to feel the need to do it because other people are.

Glenn198718

fuck drugs you dont need them to have fun .

taking pot and shit makes you feel tired i reacon i have seen people do it and they just fall asleep after then have taken it

Kaiser Zero

Banned
HSC
I hope you get robbed when you fall asleep on the street in the middle of some 'cerebral high'

sarahlouiseir

HSC
juicebox12 said:
At schoolies, I plan to try marijuana, but I feel I am able to deal with it in a safe and enjoyable manner, as I've done a lot of research into harm reduction..

heh good luck with that

a8o

HSC
juicebox12 said:
Yes, I do believe that there can be sniffer dogs used on domestic flights, at the airports. I have heard that they are only used to detect explosives, but I would not risk taking anything illicit to where you are going via plane.
Yeah me too. Defaintely not worth the risk I reckon.

juicebox12

HSC
sarah_is_happy said:
heh good luck with that
I'd appreciate it if people like yourself weren't so judgemental. My decision is exactly that - my conscious decision, and it doesn't involve you. People like you grow up to be old and bitter, simply because you somehow manage to find offence in other people's decisions, especially ones that don't effect you, and have nothing to do with you.

So unless I 'beat you up' on some 'drug-induced violence spree', then keep your judgement to yourself. It just adds tension to the world.

And in the remote possibility that you were serious, then thanks. I do hope it is a positive experience for me.

Luke_D said:
But why do you feel the need to experiment in the first place?

The only benefit I can possibly think of (and trust me it was hard) for taking drugs of that sort are the social benefits with the people that would most obviously be doing it with you.

Personally, I wouldn't put myself in that situation/environment in the first place to feel the need to do it because other people are.
I feel the need to experiment because I live by the philosophy of achieving as much as you can in life; having as many new experiences as you can. We are only down here for a relatively short period of time, you may as well make the most of it.

The benefit of taking a drug for recreational purposes is to induce a new perspective on the world around you, to try something new. Take a break from reality, so to speak. It may or may not be your cup of tea, but I believe that if drugs are used in an appropriate setting, at an appropriate time, with harm reduction as the basis of your experiment, then they are enjoyable. I am basing this on alcohol - I was cynical at first, but after trying it, I really enjoyed it. Apparently, using a substance to enjoy a different feeling isn't limited to alcohol, and I'd be willing to give other things a chance, provided they are done safely.

I find people who drink yet look down upon people doing other drugs very hypocritical. They do the same thing - intoxicate the subject, and alter reality for that subject. The only difference between alcohol and say, marijuana, is that marijuana appears to produce a more mellowing effect, and is used more in quieter social settings. Not to mention that it is much safer. Simply because a government or media outlet portrays something as 'bad', as a human, you have no right to judge a user of, say, a drug, unless you have tried the substance in question, or are directly negatively effecting you (in which case it is the person's fault, not the drugs). Getting drunk, in terms of what you are doing (using a substance to promote a sense of altered perception), is no different to taking an Ecstasy tablet, smoking marijuana, or shooting heroin. Once again, I'm not promoting drugs and their use (particularly not heroin), but I am illustrating that those who do drink and yet judge those who are on a different drug are extremely hypocritical.

Finally, if I end up trying marijuana (which I'm definately NOT going out of my way to do), it is the result of my own decision, which has not been influenced in any way by others. Presuming I try it, it will be with a friend who has used it before, who is able to identify and help me through understanding the altered perception I will presumably be experiencing. It is meant to be an experience, as opposed to an impulsive, peer-pressured decision. I don't care less if it makes me a more or less sociable person, as I'm not going to be taking it in an environment where I will be required to be sociable. I have no interest in expressing my state to others, unless they enquire about it post experience, and as far as I'm concerned, this will be private, controlled, safe experiment involving my psyche, perception, and marijuana.

I don't care whether people take drugs or not. It's your life, do what you want with it. However, I am opposed to misinformed, opinionated ignorance, and the judgement of others without any sort of consideration of what their attitudes and perspectives on a certain situation/substance might be. So before you go on a witchhunt for the sub-human evil that are drug users, consider the fact that they are normal people, who have differences in attitude and decision making to what you do. And before you start pulling generalised or embellished 'information' from Today/Tonight, a Current Affair (etc.), or yourself, take time to read up on the SCIENTIFIC FACTS regarding the issue. They aren't diluted with agenda and perspective. They tell the truth, with as little bias as possible.

If you are considering actually making your own assumptions about drug use and drugs in general (as opposed to 'learning' from many of the notorious sources I have previously mentioned), try places like www.newscientist.com , which makes non-biased, scientifically based reports, that have REAL evidence to back them up, and www.erowid.org , which is a non-profit web institution designed to educate the public on the truths of psychoactive substances and their use, with case studies, scientific report and analysis, and user comments and experiences as the basis for informing those who wish to learn.

sarahlouiseir

HSC
juicebox12 said:
I don't care whether people take drugs or not. It's your life, do what you want with it. However, I am opposed to misinformed, opinionated ignorance, and the judgement of others without any sort of consideration of what their attitudes and perspectives on a certain situation/substance might be. So before you go on a witchhunt for the sub-human evil that are drug users, consider the fact that they are normal people, who have differences in attitude and decision making to what you do. And before you start pulling generalised or embellished 'information' from Today/Tonight, a Current Affair (etc.), or yourself, take time to read up on the SCIENTIFIC FACTS regarding the issue. They aren't diluted with agenda and perspective. They tell the truth, with as little bias as possible.

If you are considering actually making your own assumptions about drug use and drugs in general (as opposed to 'learning' from many of the notorious sources I have previously mentioned), try places like www.newscientist.com , which makes non-biased, scientifically based reports, that have REAL evidence to back them up, and www.erowid.org , which is a non-profit web institution designed to educate the public on the truths of psychoactive substances and their use, with case studies, scientific report and analysis, and user comments and experiences as the basis for informing those who wish to learn.
oh my...what do u think i am? a destitute housewife whos only allowed out to buy the groceries...and the only link to the "real world" is A current Affair??? how condecending....
perhaps YOU should do more research as ..on the sites you listed i found that by you taking cannibis your sperm count could drop, you could trigger a mental illness if you want more check these sites on the sites you listed...
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=mg18124334.200
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn3098
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=mg16121686.800

you also have to be aware that sometimes people can write opinion based aricles without real scientific evidence {most of the pro drug articles on that site were readers letters}
and the other site you listed {btw thankyou that site was great found new uses for cinnamon} they list these things
NEGATIVE SYMPTOMS
nausea, especially in combination with alcohol, some pharmaceuticals, or other psychoactives
coughing, asthma, upper respiratory problems
difficulty with short term memory during effects and during periods of frequent use
racing heart, agitation, feeling tense
mild to severe anxiety
panic attacks in sensitive users or with very high doses (oral use increases risk of getting too much)
headaches
dizziness, confusion
lightheadedness or fainting (in cases of lowered blood pressure)
paranoid & anxious thoughts more frequent
possible psychological dependence on cannabis {werent u saying that youd researched this and found it to be untrue...hmmmm}
clumsiness, loss of coordination at high doses
can precipitate or exacerbate latent or existing mental disorders
WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS
mild to moderate, non life-threatening withdrawal symptoms occur after daily use in some users. These may last for 1-6 weeks after cessation of use and can include anxiety, anhedonia (reduced experience of pleasure), headaches, general unease/discomfort, difficulty sleeping, and a desire to smoke pot. Severity of symptoms is related to frequency of use and individual sensitivity.
slight loss of appetite
finding non-stoned life a bit dull, increased boredom

and as far as being sub human...{i wonder if you studied Brave New world if you didnt ..read it...} the thing that makes us "human" is our natural human processes thoughts and feelings. taking halloucenogens distorts our thought processes and feelings...
i wonder dear juice box...that if with "research" herion could be taken in a safe way...hell why dont we "research" arsenic perhaps we can get a high from that...but you mabey have to be with a friend who knows what its like...so he can reduce the severity of your psycotic symptoms.

yours in natural highness and oxycitin driven happiness
Sarah

a8o

HSC
It's time for both of you to get off the forums and go your separate ways.

mstanford

HSC
Eb. said:
i know too many people, freinds and even some family members that have screwed up ther own lives, and the peoples lives around them. it is a selfish act to take drugs if you dont think of the consequences it can have on your family and friends!!
Okay before you go condemning people for taking drugs, I think you should a tad more closely at the facts. Also I myself have never taken any illicit drugs, so this is entirely a perspective from the 'otherside' of the argument so to speak.
More people die every year from alcohol poisoning and ciggarette related medical complications than with any other drug. I know you would be thinking "well der, that's because they are legal" but the fact still remains.
People deffinately do have the freedom to take illicit drugs especially in this day and age, and the question of their 'rights' is all a matter of perspective. Take the classic example of Amsterdam, in that country it is the public's right to smoke pot. So why should that mean they have any more 'right' than us to take drugs?
In terms of people's selfishness. By your explination consuming any sort of drug is being selfish, well obviously. In that respect anything we do that is to please ourselves is selfish, that's the whole point of the word.

sarahlouiseir

HSC
a8o said:
It's time for both of you to get off the forums and go your separate ways.
i have no problem with juicebox...i thougfht we were just discussing this...

we do live in a democractic country {somewhat} and being able to say what you think is a right we all posess:D

mstanford

HSC
sarah_is_happy said:
i have no problem with juicebox...i thougfht we were just discussing this...

we do live in a democractic country {somewhat} and being able to say what you think is a right we all posess:D
Precisely. Forums are designed for disscussion, not idle chat. If people want to do that, they should just go on msn.

Luke_D

HSC
For everyone that is saying that cigarettes and alcohol are worse than any illicit drug, could it be the fact that cigarettes and alcohol are both legal and therefore more widespread?

If illicit drugs were legal in Australia, I would hate to know how messed up people would become.

a8o

HSC
mstanford said:
Precisely. Forums are designed for disscussion, not idle chat. If people want to do that, they should just go on msn.
I was commenting on when the discussion became a little...personal. I'm enjoying this thread too, even though i've heard the arguements before. A little like studying for the HSC, only not.

a8o

HSC
mstanford said:
Take the classic example of Amsterdam, in that country it is the public's right to smoke pot. So why should that mean they have any more 'right' than us to take drugs?
1. Amsterdam a country?
2. Harm minimisation - the Dutch government argues that marijuana is harmful, but that the best method of managing it is to heavily tax and regulate its sale. In theory, they spend less money on law enforcement and gain revenue to pay for drug rehabi programmes. Your view that it is about the 'individual's right' is a half truth, because according to the Dutch government's harm minimisation strategy, the cost to the individual of allowing posession and use of under 5 grammes is less than the cost to the individual and to society of allowing and regulating personal drug use.

Whether it's the way to go or not, that is another topic of debate.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Ur inner child is right.

As far as I'm concerned, those who do choose to do drugs like pot or MDMA, and don't involve others in it, I have no problem with. Neither are addictive, and if the user knows of the possible side effects, I don't really see the issue. Pot CAN lead to schizophreina and pyschosis ONLY if the user has a predisposition to the illnessess - but they can also be brought on by traumatic events, while MDMA through prolonged regular use can lead to depression and other mood disorders due to the continued changes in seritonin levels.

As long as people don't do the "I'm so cool I do drugs" dance, or can have a good night without pills or other drugs, then I really don't see much harm. Those who pronouce themselves holier than thou because they haven't used really need to pull their heads out. Many people use drugs for many reasons, some are simply curious. When it comes do to it, you need to wonder, the legality aside, why the softer drugs are considered so evil whereas drinking - even underage drinking - and smoking is socially accetable. I for one have seen far more families destroyed by alcoholism rather than drug abuse. Alcohol may be legal but it causes just as much anti social behaviour, aswell as short and long term effects as MDMA and pot. Moreover, inregards to the cost - I've seen people spend $200 over a weekend on alcohol, and spend monday spewing their guts up, while others will spend no more than $70 on a few pills and will have nothing more than a sore jaw on monday. If you know what you're doing with E - esspecially with hydration, and know about purity (i'll second www.pillreports.com for advice) - it's no more dangerous that alcohol, legality aside.

sarahlouiseir

HSC
all i can say is that drugs no matter what they are...are dangerous, and some people, who fear the risks {which is not a bad thing{dont condemn people who are anti drugs, we are just afraid of what we have seen in our friends, our families etc} decide that they value their bodies, their self control and self respect more than they value a high. I drink alcohol...but only in moderation, and only in enjoyment of what im drinking, not its effects, there is a place for alcohol, a time and we have limits...i have never met a pot smoker or a e taker who takes the drug for anything other than its effects. i can understand why people do drugs{even though it is stupid in the highest degree}, but i do not respect their decision, i certainally do not condone drug use if it means other people are affected by your choice, if it means you are taking drugs to just have fun {believe me you can have fun and do studid shit without the use of any type of drug}or to get away from your problems Unless you have cancer and are taking recreational drugs to cut the pain, you are not in a bad way.

i have some questions....look at the statistics...how many rapes are connected with drug use?

how many suicides are connected with drug use?

we live in a society who value youth.....why cant the youth value themsleves, their own bodies and minds.

i cannot say that i hope for our youth {like in amsterdam} to be marked by their drug use.

and i just want to say on the side...all going to schoolies be careful and have fun....try ...just try to see that drugs dont need to be taken to have a fantastic time, ladies watch your drinks and i just hope you all stay safe {someone told me the police presecence in surfers has been stepped up this year so be good}

illmatic

NaS
HSC
sarah_is_happy said:
all i can say is that drugs no matter what they are...are dangerous, and some people, who fear the risks {which is not a bad thing{dont condemn people who are anti drugs, we are just afraid of what we have seen in our friends, our families etc} decide that they value their bodies, their self control and self respect more than they value a high. I drink alcohol...but only in moderation, and only in enjoyment of what im drinking, not its effects, there is a place for alcohol, a time and we have limits...i have never met a pot smoker or a e taker who takes the drug for anything other than its effects. i can understand why people do drugs{even though it is stupid in the highest degree}, but i do not respect their decision, i certainally do not condone drug use if it means other people are affected by your choice, if it means you are taking drugs to just have fun {believe me you can have fun and do studid shit without the use of any type of drug}or to get away from your problems Unless you have cancer and are taking recreational drugs to cut the pain, you are not in a bad way.

i have some questions....look at the statistics...how many rapes are connected with drug use?

how many suicides are connected with drug use?

we live in a society who value youth.....why cant the youth value themsleves, their own bodies and minds.

i cannot say that i hope for our youth {like in amsterdam} to be marked by their drug use.

and i just want to say on the side...all going to schoolies be careful and have fun....try ...just try to see that drugs dont need to be taken to have a fantastic time, ladies watch your drinks and i just hope you all stay safe {someone told me the police presecence in surfers has been stepped up this year so be good}

ummm slow down there dude...

the guy is experimenting. he's not going to overdose on anything. calm down a little. experimentation in my eyes isn't so bad. it takes away the mystery, the confusion and the curiosity about drugs. sure it's pretty bad if you do it CONSTANTLY but im sure one little puff isn't going to trigger every single one of those problems that you just mentioned

and dont be so condescending either - alcohol is most probably the worst drug that exists. most drug deaths are alcohol related.....

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)