dumb things you've done on L's (1 Viewer)

gem_max

HSC
Yeah go auto's wooh!

EDIT: Ooh and in my lesson today my instructor said I was ready for my Ps yay! Only need 2.5 more hours (I promised myself I would not lie about nay of my last 20). It was rainy today too and really hazardous because rushing jaywalkers were everywhere.

Last edited:

dre

HSC
i just came from a driving lesson.. ive done 11 hours lol the instructor told me he saw a really great improvement...last time i saw him was 4 months ago and he said that all i gotta do is keep driving to increase hours! i was proud i thought i was the shitest driver...after yesterday turning too early and driving half on the footpath and half on the road lolll anyway

HSC
if you can drive perfectly, bullshit the hours in your log book and go for your test. they hardly even look at it. if not, keep driving - if you go for your p's and you can't drive, they'll kinda notice ;)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
my functionality is way better than jessica simpson thank u very much!
Jessica simpson can't do much except put on "fancy" clothes

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
~ForAGoodCause~ said:
Had to call NRMA ... and the guy had to jack up the car and put wooden planks underneath teh wheels...

and iab, this was at uni at the csiro parking :p
:eek: it will happen to me one day, now i know what to do instead of sitting there in embarassment with uni students (likely to be ones i know) driving past me :p

gem_max

HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
on a side note im 17 and i;ve only done 10 hrs!! What should i do??? help!!!
hey Im 19 and on my second year of uni and ive done 47ish hours (haha plus I only actually started learning 3 months ago... long story). I hate it how theres this pressure that you HAVE to get your license as soon as youre 16 etc. Just go about your license the way YOU want to because you know that youll eventually get it anyway so just have fun in the mean time aye?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
wen i was on my L's i tried to start the car in drive...it was funny coz i thought i broke the car...i also did a perfect driving test...but then failled in the last 5 mins 4 speeding...ahh well i have my P's now..and i still do stupid things

vishnu123

vister
HSC
i have got to have made some of the most stupedest mistakes on my L's...
i was once driving on the high way at around 70km/h, and i had to change from the middle lane to the left lane, so while my head was turned looking into the mirrors i didn't notice that i was coming to a curve in the road.. and instead of curving with the road i swerved into the third lane narrowly missing a car then i swerved back withought indicating
also i was once driving into westfields and scraped the car against the ticket box...

u may have guessed it.. i'm still on my L's...

gem_max

HSC
vishnu123 said:
u may have guessed it.. i'm still on my L's...
Haha crazy driving. Sometimes I wish fellow road users had camers in their cars to record their reactiosn to the stupid things us Lers do and we had access to these recordings.

I just remembered something that made me feel a bit better about my age and the fact that Im on Ls.

When I was about to turn 16 this friend of mine (who was 5 days younger) and I made a deal that we'd go for our Ls together and then later our Ps when we were 17. She stuck to the time plan while I ended up having to wait until now yet last trip back home I found out she's lost her license and having to sell her car. Hmm makes one ponder.

klh

HSC
you all drive auto??? how easy, all your attention is diverted to the road, how can you mess up? and most of you drivers have power steering i presume?
i drive an 84 toyota corona, no pwer steering, hard clutch, crappy brakes and no a/c. im clocking about 25 hours but stopped since im back at uni. driving is easy, though i hate the drivers who tailgate you.
i thougth it should be easy for you to drive with better conditions than i do. if oyu want good practise, always drive in narrow and hilly areas, your skills will get better alot.

SW0502

HSC
i drove into a telegraph pole after id done maybe 5hrs on manual? argh that was quite embarressing i must admit

klh

HSC
thats alright, i recently smashed into a fence because i stpped on the accelerator instead of brake. i leanrt my lesson but the fence was damaged beyond repair prior to my crash so no harm done to me.
how did you hit it? like did you not look, or what?
and how many poepel on manual have kangaroo jumped on purpose? its fun, but there are consequences like reprimands from parents.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
i hate merging and changing lanes

many near accident experiences there

klh

HSC
me too i looked in the mirror and there was no one and i was goign to merge when this car comes out of nowhere, luckily i didnt merge. now i always remeber to check my mirrors more carefully and turn my head to check as well. even though i adjust the mirrors, it never seems to fit me and help me see my blind spot.

i also hate it when because you have L plates, other drivers assuem you have to give way and if oyu dont, they horn ya.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
klh said:
me too i looked in the mirror and there was no one and i was goign to merge when this car comes out of nowhere, luckily i didnt merge. now i always remeber to check my mirrors more carefully and turn my head to check as well. even though i adjust the mirrors, it never seems to fit me and help me see my blind spot.

i also hate it when because you have L plates, other drivers assuem you have to give way and if oyu dont, they horn ya.
its so dam hard to turn your head to check as well
who the hell invented merging lanes they are an accident waiting to happen?!

littleman

HSC
why do some people get their auto licence when they have the opportunity to get them in a manual car?

20 days to go - i rang the rta up today and they tell me it cost $14 to BOOK In for your test. on top of that there is $39 licence fee and another 40 or so for the actual test. they tell me this money is going towards improving the road system...yet the roads where i live are full of potholes and are generally shithouse!!

also i found out today my friend failed his 5th attempt at his P's :p :p :p

gem_max

HSC
littleman said:
why do some people get their auto licence when they have the opportunity to get them in a manual car?

20 days to go - i rang the rta up today and they tell me it cost $14 to BOOK In for your test. on top of that there is $39 licence fee and another 40 or so for the actual test. they tell me this money is going towards improving the road system...yet the roads where i live are full of potholes and are generally shithouse!!

also i found out today my friend failed his 5th attempt at his P's :p :p :p
Why drive a manual when you can drive an auto an concentrate more on the road and the joy of driving? :p

Yeha my area is the same sort of. They are actually doing roadwork all over the place BUT really theyre just making a lot of mudpies.

5th! Argh thats scary... is it because they just get really nervou or do they REALLY need more practise?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)