Dux of your school (1 Viewer)

Coookies

HSC
OH! I know him. The rumored 'genius' who skipped a grade yes? Eleni Chambers brother? Don't know bout the Shuer Yu girl...
Not sure about skipping a grade, but yes, her brother.
Did he skip a grade? Because they're twins and no offence but I don't think Eleni is smart enough to skip a grade.

animeiswild

HSC
Not sure about skipping a grade, but yes, her brother.
Did he skip a grade? Because they're twins and no offence but I don't think Eleni is smart enough to skip a grade.
From what I've heard, he skipped a grade. But not too sure. Eleni is a more musical than academic person ^_^ Her cello sounds good!
But smartness I believe can be genetically inherited, their mother is a lawyer ="=

Reversal

HSC
Oh my goodness! All you people typing about duxes being so high! And 97's/98's being low! It blows my mind.

Where I live, the highest ATAR my school has ever received was this year and was in the 95's. For the first time 3 students out of 156 got in the 90's. Half the people in my year don't know what the dux of a school is. My school is one of the better ones in my region.

Just some perspective :)

Coookies

HSC
From what I've heard, he skipped a grade. But not too sure. Eleni is a more musical than academic person ^_^ Her cello sounds good!
But smartness I believe can be genetically inherited, their mother is a lawyer ="=
They're rich. Ive seen their car -_-

animeiswild

HSC
They're rich. Ive seen their car -_-
Lol, well what'd you expect from a lawyer being their mother? XD

Btw, when you say you transferred to Oatley did you mean from overseas or just from another school?

Coookies

HSC
Lol, well what'd you expect from a lawyer being their mother? XD

Btw, when you say you transferred to Oatley did you mean from overseas or just from another school?
Other school, born in Australia :)

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Oh my goodness! All you people typing about duxes being so high! And 97's/98's being low! It blows my mind.

Where I live, the highest ATAR my school has ever received was this year and was in the 95's. For the first time 3 students out of 156 got in the 90's. Half the people in my year don't know what the dux of a school is. My school is one of the better ones in my region.

Just some perspective :)
I got too used to the standards I see around me at uni lol. Most people seem to have high 90's ATAR (although can't always confirm unless they voluntarily say!).

I guess standards are all subjective. Whether something is low or high depends on what one's aim is. You can expect to see lots of people saying 90 is low on this forum since it's boredofstudies - not an accurate representation of HSC student population.

animeiswild

HSC
I got too used to the standards I see around me at uni lol. Most people seem to have high 90's ATAR (although can't always confirm unless they voluntarily say!).

I guess standards are all subjective. Whether something is low or high depends on what one's aim is. You can expect to see lots of people saying 90 is low on this forum since it's boredofstudies - not an accurate representation of HSC student population.
Dude, you do med! Isn't it obvious the standards around you are high?! XD

And I think majority of people on BoS are closet nerds thus they achieve higher.

HSC
Yiannis is not Eleni's twin, and yeah he skipped a year. Sorry to intrude, I go to Oatley too.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Dude, you do med! Isn't it obvious the standards around you are high?! XD

And I think majority of people on BoS are closet nerds thus they achieve higher.
What about yourself? :p

Well, true I'm in med, but I'm still doing science part of my degree meaning most people I see are in science. But your point still stands coz most of them do advanced science or advanced maths or sci-law lol.
The lowest cut off among the 3 courses mentioned above=95.00 LOL

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Wow so many people from my region or so I would think. Even my sister is going to Oatley...

animeiswild

HSC
What about yourself? :p

Well, true I'm in med, but I'm still doing science part of my degree meaning most people I see are in science. But your point still stands coz most of them do advanced science or advanced maths or sci-law lol.
The lowest cut off among the 3 courses mentioned above=95.00 LOL
I am an exception! I am not a nerd! XD

Exactly, you said so yourself. If the cut off was > 95, obviously most people would have ATARs in the high 90s! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)