Dux (1 Viewer)

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
how can a school determine dux by UAI? Uai's arent released to schools (only HSC marks)...
the school calls people they think will have the highest uai ( coz the school can see the hsc marks)
students with good uais call the school
then whoever has the highest brings in the slip to proof it and ta da they are dux

funniboi

HSC
my school determins it by the uai.

so i prob wont even find out.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh we had a person get dux based on coming first/excellent ranking in the most subjects.. but the person who gets the highest uai gets written up on that wall thing where all the duxes are.. but the same person will prob get the highest uai anyway

Last edited:

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
What about the marks? Do the marks come into it at all?

Because in the 2 unit class the 1st person probably got around high 50's and low 60's overall, while l got 79 and l got 1st but it was in general...

What would happen there?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
mack said:
Im pretty confident ill achieve either dux or equal dux.Fingers crossed.

Good Luck :)

It would be quite interesting to see how many people who are members on bos get dux...it would be a valuable statistic.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
My school gives dux of previous year at this years graduation since it is based on highest UAI. So if i get it i will receive it at this time next year

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
acmilan1987 said:
My school gives dux of previous year at this years graduation since it is based on highest UAI. So if i get it i will receive it at this time next year
That sucks, when do you get told though?

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
Yea my school (st pats) bases dux on internal assessment and the best overall performance in that... but as it has happened in the last three years the person who has got dux has got the highest uai.
so considering i got dux this year.. no pressure eh!!!! but really i can assure you i will not be getting the highest uai :S

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Misturi said:
That sucks, when do you get told though?
I will probably find out as soon as your UAI results come in but wont be officially recognised and get awards and stuff until this time next year

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Misturi said:
Good Luck :)

It would be quite interesting to see how many people who are members on bos get dux...it would be a valuable statistic.
I'll go down for a 'no chance in hell' vote.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
acmilan1987 said:
I will probably find out as soon as your UAI results come in but wont be officially recognised and get awards and stuff until this time next year
Aw..that DOES suck. I'd want to know asap so l could put it on my resume.

zhongie

HSC
Our school bases it on internal assessments, but in the year after's speech night the highest UAI are invited to get a special award.

I got runner-up to dux...bridesmaid!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
-blueblue- said:
the school calls people they think will have the highest uai ( coz the school can see the hsc marks)
students with good uais call the school
then whoever has the highest brings in the slip to proof it and ta da they are dux
thats such a silly system...many good students i know wouldnt call up the school announcing their uai...you have to PROVE you're dux?...HAHAHAHAHA

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
ours last year was based mostly on UAI, but also on school achievement. i.ie is half on UAI and half popularity. So when the school captain got the highest UAI, it was a no brainer who would get it

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Dux at my school is given to the person with the highest UAI. But in terms of awards, we call the person who tops the most number of subjects, the 1st aggregate. Theres also 2nd and 3rd as well. Basically, the top 10 people in a subject get awarded points which are added up to determine who gets top spot. Judging by my own position in the grade, I think certain subjects have higher weighting then others to avoid idea of dux being the one who tops standard english, art etc. Most of the time, 1st aggregate is also dux (thats a no brainer because of the number of subjects they top, they end up getting the highest assessment marks). Its a good system :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)