Dux (1 Viewer)

twisted_sista00

OMG! custom status!
HSC
we have a few different duxes:
a dux based on internal assessments, this year was taken out by two people as they were equal, presented at out graduation last thursday night
a school dux based on highest UAI
a dux sponsored by the Uni of Newcastle for the person who has the highest uai at the school that will be attending newcastle uni

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
our dux is most firsts for every grade, xcept yr 12 , it has had a shake up, traditionally it was UAI, my sister got robbed because of this. but last year they changed it to most firsts i dont know wat they r gonna do now. hope it is most firsts. either way my chances are still good

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Ours is UAI presented at the next years awards thing. Its known within a few weeks of the UAI's being released though.

Angela86

yeah ours is based on UAI. I got a letter saying I'm in contention for getting dux. But I doubt I will even get above 60 for my UAI.
I don't know why they bother there is only really one or two ppl in true contention for dux and i sure as hell aint one of em.

m_uppet

hey another bloke who got sporstmen... i also got sportsman of the year as well as christian leader of the year.... the lord would be proud of me!

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
thats such a silly system...many good students i know wouldnt call up the school announcing their uai...you have to PROVE you're dux?...HAHAHAHAHA

yeh i know but hey thats how our school does it. Students who may be dux are called by the school ..and yeah you have to prove it! so people dont just make stuff up ..

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
rainonmay said:
our dux is based on the person who comes first in the most subjects

ours was based on this too....fortunately it WAS me!!( well....it HAD to be me!! ;) )

BabySilver

HSC
Sarah168 said:
how can a school determine dux by UAI? Uai's arent released to schools (only HSC marks)...
easy, but a newspaper & hope they were in the first hundred

twisted_sista00

OMG! custom status!
HSC
congrats all who got dux. damn smart people!! i was second to dux in year, six, went downhill from there, lol!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Last years dux got presented at our awards night. He got 99.85 and still looks/dresses like a bum:p

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
Strange... we get two dux awards:

1. Dux Award for school assessment - its based on your performance in school assessments as well as your performance in year 11

2. Dux Award for overall UAI comparison...usually the person who gets Dux for school assessment gets overall dux.

I was lucky enough to receive the School assessment dux and it was based on my rankings in years 11 (1st Chem, Bio, Phys, Art) and 12 (1st Chem, Phy, Bio, 3u & 4u maths).

It's not really based on the number of first places you get but rather on the diffculty of your course. One girl also came first in 5 subjects like me but she did Art, Standard Eng, Business studies, Music, D & T.

Last edited:

mack

Banned
HSC
Well i think there may be a guy who will equal me in the UAI. (tops 4u maths and Phys and Chem.) But im 10000x better looking than him so we'll know who will get dux!

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
I'm sure ours was based on UAI. It was pretty obvious who got ours anyway, the guy was 1st in each and every one of his subjects except for one.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i got an acheivment for not missing a day of school for the whole or year 12. i feel it is an acheivment in it's self. i feel that gettin this is just as good as dux

A_J_Gray

only year 12?
i got one for missing 0 days in six years of schooling.
its slack though cauase i actaulyl havent missed a day since year 3, so it should incorporate the other years from 4 - 6 into it.

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
gilly_aj said:
only year 12?
its slack though cauase i actaulyl havent missed a day since year 3, so it should incorporate the other years from 4 - 6 into it.
You're insane.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
gilly_aj said:
only year 12?
So you have not missed a day in 9 years of schooling, yet you still can't type. Hmmmm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)