Earliest date for dropping a subject? (1 Viewer)

helpoie

HSC
N/A
When is the earliest date a student can drop a subject?
Any help with this greatly appreciated.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You have to have a minimum of 12 units the entire preliminary year.

What units are you currently doing and what do you want to drop?

helpoie

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I don't have all the info - just checking for someone else.

They currently have 12 units and have started Year 11. For the final HSC they want to drop a 2 unit subject and pick up an extra unit in an extension course.

It would be really good to know if this usually happens at the beginning of Term 4 in Year 11. Otherwise do they need to wait until the beginning of Year 12?

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I don't have all the info - just checking for someone else.

They currently have 12 units and have started Year 11. For the final HSC they want to drop a 2 unit subject and pick up an extra unit in an extension course.

Isn't the beginning of year 12 term 4 of year 11? I dropped my 2 of my 12 units in the middle of Term 3 of year 11. And then picked up History Extension in the term after - if that helps at all.

It would be really good to know if this usually happens at the beginning of Term 4 in Year 11. Otherwise do they need to wait until the beginning of Year 12?
Isn't the beginning of year 12 term 4 of year 11? I dropped my 2 of my 12 units in the middle of Term 3 of year 11. And then picked up History Extension in the term after - if that helps at all.

helpoie

HSC
N/A
Thanks, that's helpful to know that someone was able to do it in the middle of Term 3. The earlier the better!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You should be able to drop and not have to do the subject anymore in Term 4.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
afaik you can drop subjects whenever (excepting special school rules)
at my school you can drop subjects whenever, but you weren't allowed to drop to 10 until yr12 (so term 4)
that kind of switching (drop a 2u subject for a 1u ext) generally happens around that tiem as well though

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
To meet the requirements of the Preliminary course and thus to be eligible for the HSC you have to complete a minimum of 12 units in Year 11. When your school determines that you have completed that course is almost up to them - for my school it is at the end of Week 2 Term 4 (due to needing to do 120 hours in Year 11 which we don't have done until then).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)