confused entity

HSC
Hey guys,
just want to know if you guys have any idea on whether getting early entry into law at MCQ, UTS and UOW is hard? If you guys have gotten it and don't mind, please disclose your approximate grades and approximate school rank.
I go to a rank 30/40 selective school in Sydney and didn't do great in prelims (I got 1 A, and then half B and C), I got rank 30ish in English Advanced which my career advisor said was "very good" in terms of early entry and also middle in English Extension. Do you guys think I have a chance to get early entry into law?

There haven't been too much information about difficulty of early entry, although I saw somewhere on boredofstudies that someone said going to a selective school is guaranteed early entry for UOW (idk if it's true, and they could mean a high ranking selective school rather than a 30/40 one) and I think my school has a 100% success rate for UTS early entry.

It's be great to get some advice whether from what you know or from actual experience so help is very appreciated :D

thanks so much for the help :)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
I only have experiences with UTS and UOW, so I'll share ...

UOW are generally pretty lenient in terms of handing out early entry offers (people get early entry with grades all in B/C range, even for law). UTS is a more stricter especially in terms of what grades you get, plus as opposed to UOW, they don't have any questions (I think) you submit with your course preferences. I know someone who got in with all A marks and one B in prelim.

Also to note, UOW is straight entry (so no atar req to get into law) and UTS has atar req of 80 for law if you get early entry offer

I heard they're changing something with early entry (not sure when though), so it might differ from last year.

confused entity

HSC
I only have experiences with UTS and UOW, so I'll share ...

UOW are generally pretty lenient in terms of handing out early entry offers (people get early entry with grades all in B/C range, even for law). UTS is a more stricter especially in terms of what grades you get, plus as opposed to UOW, they don't have any questions (I think) you submit with your course preferences. I know someone who got in with all A marks and one B in prelim.

Also to note, UOW is straight entry (so no atar req to get into law) and UTS has atar req of 80 for law if you get early entry offer

I heard they're changing something with early entry (not sure when though), so it might differ from last year.
thanks so much for the quick reply, it's reassuring that UOW is more lenient for law :D. I think the thing they're changing is that they're delaying the offers to september or right before the HSC, before they used to give them out halfway through the year I think so people give up on the HSC. Anyways, thanks again for the advice :).

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
thanks so much for the quick reply, it's reassuring that UOW is more lenient for law :D. I think the thing they're changing is that they're delaying the offers to september or right before the HSC, before they used to give them out halfway through the year I think so people give up on the HSC. Anyways, thanks again for the advice :).
All good, as Vall said just apply. You won’t know whether you are good enough/can get in unless you apply. You can also try ANU if you haven’t already, just as another option

confused entity

HSC
All good, as Vall said just apply. You won’t know whether you are good enough/can get in unless you apply. You can also try ANU if you haven’t already, just as another option
Isn't ANU quite hard in terms of atar (and perhaps early entry too)? I thought it was similar level to UNSW and USYD but please correct me if I've mistaken. I'm also looking at Monash, La Trobe etc :)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Isn't ANU quite hard in terms of atar (and perhaps early entry too)? I thought it was similar level to UNSW and USYD but please correct me if I've mistaken. I'm also looking at Monash, La Trobe etc :)
You’re right, I just used that as another example of a uni that offers early entry for a law degree

aks441

HSC
Hey guys,
just want to know if you guys have any idea on whether getting early entry into law at MCQ, UTS and UOW is hard? If you guys have gotten it and don't mind, please disclose your approximate grades and approximate school rank.
I go to a rank 30/40 selective school in Sydney and didn't do great in prelims (I got 1 A, and then half B and C), I got rank 30ish in English Advanced which my career advisor said was "very good" in terms of early entry and also middle in English Extension. Do you guys think I have a chance to get early entry into law?

There haven't been too much information about difficulty of early entry, although I saw somewhere on boredofstudies that someone said going to a selective school is guaranteed early entry for UOW (idk if it's true, and they could mean a high ranking selective school rather than a 30/40 one) and I think my school has a 100% success rate for UTS early entry.

It's be great to get some advice whether from what you know or from actual experience so help is very appreciated :D

thanks so much for the help :)
so did you get ealry entry into law? and for what uni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)