Earrings are stupid and they look ugly (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Agree.

I always wear earrings. Makes me feel more feminine.
Yes, facial is disgusting.
Facial piercings are disgusting. Earrings look great on women in my opinion. They can make a woman more elegant, more edgy or more casual. They are a great fashion accessory and are very subtle.

cassieagill

HSC
Based on what though, how do you know they're magically capable of deciding at 7 and not before?

Just want to know your reasoning is all
meh it really depends on the child, but from my experience with several younger sisters and cousins this is the time where they stop simply copying everyone and make decisions for themselves (although they still copy ALOT!) its just when they are able to speak up for themselves

they have begun to develope their own likes and dislikes

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
because then i believe they are old enough to decide for themselves whether they want their ears pierced or not
Lol, I guess it's true. Should earrings have the same law as circumcision? Where a baby is not allowed to be circumcised because they are not old enough to decide for themselves?

I don't know if that above fact is true. I just heard that random funfact from my Foodtech teacher.

cassieagill

HSC
Lol, I guess it's true. Should earrings have the same law as circumcision? Where a baby is not allowed to be circumcised because they are not old enough to decide for themselves?

I don't know if that above fact is true. I just heard that random funfact from my Foodtech teacher.
thats not true, parents have full medical rights over their child, and its for religious reasons so...there would have been an outcry if that was put into force

Tim035

HSC
I like piercings.

They allow you to spot a dickhead before they even open their mouths.
I like the new avatar.

I had my left cartilage pierced for ~ 3 years. Took it out recently as I'm starting to enter a level of proffesionalism where I was looked down upon for having it.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
For arguments sake:

Some earrings, on some females, is attractive sometimes.

Prove me wrong.

Stuck???

So shut the fuck up.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
I personally think they look ugly and show how stupid people really are. I mean if I came up to you now and said "hey I want to pierce your flesh with a piece of metal in order to create some sort of decoration which would dangle from your unhealed flesh" you would probably look at me like I'm some kind of sick moron.

haahahaa. when you put it that way, it does sound pretty bad.

i have three piercings. my earlobes, and my upper ear cartilage. i like wearing earrings because it does make me feel more feminine. *shrugs*

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Some earrings are ugly. Some are beautiful.
T'all depends.

cankerblossome

HSC
I personally like piercings, because a) I get a rush from the burning pain of getting the actual piercing and b) it's a fun way to explore like subcultures, personal branding etc. Also, I think it's portrayed as a 'rite of passage' for young girls to get their ears pierced: I know it was a big getting-into-high-school thing for me.

I do agree that it's one of our weirder societal fashion practices, but then most fashion practices are: what the original poster said about the weirdness of piercings as a desirable thing could be applied to anything: "Lipstick! Icky tasting red paint you smear around one of your orfices! Weird!" "Body hair waxing: agonisingly painful, completely unnatural and infantilising, and hella pointless because it's just going to grow back into stubble in a week!"

You know, if you're going to have this 'what the fuck!?!?' attitude to cultural practices, then it may was well be applied to EVERYTHING in our culture.

Which would be a valied and good thing really: appearances and behaviour reveal and promote values and beliefs. It's v. intersting. Humans have had urges to alter their appearance/decorate as a form of distinction, status, and/or self expression for thousands of years. Like supposedly the earliest cavepeople 'fashions' (so to speak) that they've found were less about practical function and more about differentiating oneself aesthetically.

To conclude: piercings are weird. But when you think about it, most things people do are!

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Earrings = Jewelry.
Jewelry = Expensive and pretty.
Expensive and pretty = Girls likey.

Therefore:

Earrings=Jewelry+(Pretty + Expensive)=Happy girl.

I must agree that there are limits to piercings etc...

Tongue split anyone?

enthused

HSC
had my ears pierced when i was 6months
got my nose pierced in year 10
normal nose piercing changed to a nose ring in year 11
(i still have the nose ring)

have had 4 "other" piercings in year 12 which i no longer have
and parents never found out about

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)