• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Easiest commerce major? (1 Viewer)

Qwedst

HSC
I'm going into my second year of commerce and was wondering if I just want to get through commerce and not be concerned about what I major in, which from the following list would be easiest?

ACCTA14733 Accounting
ACTLB14733 Actuarial Studies
ECOHB14733 Economic History
ECONF14733 Business Economics
ECONH14733 Business Statistics
ECONI14733 Business Strategy & Economic Mgmt
ECONJ14733 Financial Economics
FINSA14733 Finance
IBUSA14733 International Business
INFSA14733 Information Systems
IROBC14733 Human Resources Management
MARKA14733 Marketing
MGMTA14733 Management

They should all link to their respective required and optional subjects.
Thanks

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
What may be easier for one person, may be harder for the other.

That said, why would you waste money and the oppurtunity to just try and get through commerce without being concerned about your major ... this isn't highschool anymore. Your course choices do have a certain degree of influence to what you do later on in your life.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Raven3333 said:
Marketing, easiest to get passes, very hard to get top marks
same as management and international business

although ease is proportional to your interest in the subject. I have a feeling you're not going to find any of them easy.

Qwedst

HSC
Thanks for your advice but my other degree is where my primary interest and future plans reside but as I am doing it combined with commerce I'd like to get through comm as easily as possible and focus on my other degree.

Why do you say marketting and international business, whilst easy to pass, is hard to get top marks in? Because ultimately I'd still like to get good marks for the commerce subject. Also I prefer theory to mathematical topics.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
honestly speaking, just drop commerce..

But i know you aren't, so I'll answer your q in regards to management and marketing: They're easy to pass because essentially you can just bullshit your way through. For a lecturer to notice you have actually put effort in and gain top marks however, requires a LOT of effort. Simply reading the text book often doesn't seem enough and you need to show thorough understanding, and a lot of the time just finding what it is they want you to understand can be tricky since a lot of topics are broad and in exams you'll have limited space and time to answer questions.

In stuff like finance and accounting you just need to know your shit. In marketing/management, you need to know your shit and then some.

If you prefer theory marketing or management might be the way to go, but I find you'll need to enjoy the subjects on top of that to do well. Maybe check out a few of the course outlines and look up a few of the topics on wiki and shit to get an idea of what they're about exactly.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Qwedst said:
I'm going into my second year of commerce and was wondering if I just want to get through commerce and not be concerned about what I major in, which from the following list would be easiest?

ACCTA14733 Accounting
ACTLB14733 Actuarial Studies
ECOHB14733 Economic History
ECONF14733 Business Economics
ECONH14733 Business Statistics
ECONI14733 Business Strategy & Economic Mgmt
ECONJ14733 Financial Economics
FINSA14733 Finance
IBUSA14733 International Business
INFSA14733 Information Systems
IROBC14733 Human Resources Management
MARKA14733 Marketing
MGMTA14733 Management

They should all link to their respective required and optional subjects.
Thanks
Funny thing is, most of these majors arent necessarily easy??

As for your question, a combination of marketing/management/hrm or international business would probably be your way to go...

I have to admit though... What's the point of doing a commerce degree when your majors can all mostly be completed under an arts degree?

My only advice to you is to do an apparently 'easy' major and do another major that will make you look employable (accounting/finance/economics). A balance of both isnt a bad way to go.

tempco

HSC
Business Eco, Fins Eco and Fins can be pretty easy if you choose the right subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)