East Asian Earthquake (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
$3million, and that was through their charity the bill and melinda gates foundation

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Deus said:
$3million, and that was through their charity the bill and melinda gates foundation
bill gates is only donating $3 million ... theres something significantly wrong with that figure!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
COME ON EVERYBODY DONATE

WOrld vison call 13 32 40

or

To donate simply send an sms with the word "unite" from anymobile to

193 002 $2 Donation
193 005 $5 Donation
193 010 $10 Donation

Ive donated a futher $50 on what i gave previously

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
This for $10000. :D good to see the millions been donated by Australians tonight :)

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Hows bout... every $1 we donate to the people in East Asia.. .we Donate $1 to the people of africa?

6,500 people die a day of malaria alone in africa, there are much larger numbers of people going without clean drinking water.... It seems barely fair but i think it would be much fairer to donate the same ammount to the people in africa.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah but no Australians are dying of malaria or missing because of malaria in Africa, so the Australian government doesn't give a damn.

Last edited:

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Yes i Noticed we are giving alot to Indonesia

okay okay it was the worst hit , but there were other countries that have quite alarming death tolls as well

wouldnt it be nice if we SPREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd that 1 billion around.... are our motives really just good relations?

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
Cape said:
bill gates is only donating $3 million ... theres something significantly wrong with that figure!
i dont think there is
there are many other people in the world dying for example africa
he just chooses to give money to others in need
the whole world is in support of the tsunami
and $3 million dollars will do alot of good over there
i would prefer him to spend less donating there
and give it to other parts of the world which seem to have been forgotten

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Seraph said:
wouldnt it be nice if we SPREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd that 1 billion around....
The world should limit its donation to this disaster so a reasonable amount can be donated to the next major natural disaster (volcanic eruption, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, and maybe, just maybe, another tsunami, elsewhere).

Will the world be able to contribute the same gigantic amount of dough for the next disaster?

Seraph

HSC
N/A
uhh maybe so , but thats not what i really meant

i meant that 1 billion we donated , we gave it all to Indonesia right??? , just for better relations? not to criticise or anything , but couldnt we have also spreadi t around

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Seraph said:
Yes i Noticed we are giving alot to Indonesia

okay okay it was the worst hit , but there were other countries that have quite alarming death tolls as well

wouldnt it be nice if we SPREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd that 1 billion around.... are our motives really just good relations?
indonesia is australia's best neighbour and one of the ones hit, so bias is presumable.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
but when you think about it, all the countries in reality are our neighbours.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Some neighbours are more friendly and practicable than others.

Seraph

HSC
N/A
I dont think any of our 'neighbours' affected by the tsunami disaster have been particularly unfriendly , so to speak with us ....

well ... maybe Indonesia at a certain point in time but then thats one intention of this $1b donation

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well looks like this whole situation will be the nail in Latham's coffin.

Generator

HSC
N/A
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Asia-Tsu...i-claim-clerics/2005/01/10/1105206024347.html

Awesome.

---

I doubt that Latham's inactivity throughout this period will be the final blow to his leadership... The Labor Party as a whole was largely MIA, not that they could have done much at all beyond supporting the government or critising its actions (which, surprsingly, would not be looked upon favourably by the Australian population at large).
It will be a blow, but not the final blow (if that even occurs in the near future).

Edit: I'm assuming that we all know that Latham has unwell and resting.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)