East Asian Earthquake (1 Viewer)

doggogo8

HSC
totally right ,dude

hey, that was totally what my notion is.
someday ,we'll see that the u.s is no superpower and we'll be askin some ,oh well don't get offended, communist china for help. GREAT HUH? >"<
Not-That-Bright said:
Actually the american news networks were showing people jumping from the buildings and such.

I do find it interesting that whenever anything bad happens people look to somehow blame america while also asking for their help.
One day maybe america won't be the superpower that can help us out and we'll be having to ask communist china to send us aid.

doggogo8

HSC
people die anyways........

politicians are politicians they don't give a shit to who's dying who's suffering, all they care is about them, themselves, how in the hell will they get elected next time, how powerful they are,how are they goin to get money etc. We , only we are those middle-class people that care , that care for those that are suffering ....... we should be proud, shouldn't we. >"<
and america shouldn't get the whole blame anyways, look at other countries,the U.K(hey the royal family, what's with all ur money) , China(com'on such GDP u don't even donate much), U.N(BUNCH OF LIES), Japan(not much for such a rich country), a bunch of OTHER countries donate like nothing compared to AUSTRALIA.
HEY,WE SHOULD BE PROUD HUH? :p

Techie said:
I am generally a very pro-American person, but a donation from the USA of $45 million, when both the Republican and Democratic parties spent over a billion EACH ( :eek: ) on their presidential election campaigns, is pretty tiny.

What basis do you have for saying they wouldn't have had a minute's silence? That seems like a very unjustified comment to me.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Nothing wrong with asking China for aid, because unlike the americans, Chinese people are benevolent and generous.

somecooldude

HSC
Phanatical said:
Nothing wrong with asking China for aid, because unlike the americans, Chinese people are benevolent and generous.
i think you are generalising way too much. im sure there are generous and selfish ppl in both the United States of America and Peoples Republic of China. That goes for all nations.. and there are also ppl who generalise way too much in each nation too :p

rama_v

HSC
Yeah, absolutely. Its hard to blame the US for their response, at least atm. But, in any case, we can blame them for a whole litany of other things ;)

Pace Setter

Techie said:
What basis do you have for saying they wouldn't have had a minute's silence? That seems like a very unjustified comment to me.
It's not that difficult to say: "let's have a minute of silence for Reggie whatshisname, as well as all those who've passed away in the tsunami and earthquake." There's nothing to suggest that they would have had one instead, if the sportsperson hadn't died.

Spring Sakura

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Oh yes, and how much aid is China giving to their asian neighbours? :)
"China has sent blankets, tents, bedding, food and medical equipment..."
"The government is to provide over 21 million yuan (US$2.6 million) in aid for victims in Asian countries hit by the massive earthquake and devastating waves..."

- China Daily

Article:
"China rushes aid to tsunami battered countries" - 2004-12-28 00:43
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-12/28/content_404058.htm

Does that answer your question?

Sgt_Johnym

HSC
u can also pay money at certain banks
i've done my bit by donating $100 and i hope everybody else can 2

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
but it was 21 million yuan ... don't know much about chinas economy ... but i'd be guessing it would be a significan't amount ... i doesn't sound like much when you put in into american dollars though.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Spring Sakura said:
"China has sent blankets, tents, bedding, food and medical equipment..."
"The government is to provide over 21 million yuan (US$2.6 million) in aid for victims in Asian countries hit by the massive earthquake and devastating waves..."

- China Daily

Article:
"China rushes aid to tsunami battered countries" - 2004-12-28 00:43
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-12/28/content_404058.htm

Does that answer your question?
umm

too be exact...

"China will add an additional 500 million yuan (60.46 million US dollars) of humanitarian aid to the Indian Ocean tsunami victims. "

way more than australia can ever afford to give

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200501/01/eng20050101_169345.html

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Cape said:
but it was 21 million yuan ... don't know much about chinas economy ... but i'd be guessing it would be a significan't amount ... i doesn't sound like much when you put in into american dollars though.
its a very little portion of its GDP, so figure it out

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Komaticom said:
Look on the bright side, the value of beachside houses would drop significantly. Perhaps a good investment for young homebuyers?
haha thats what i had in mind aswell.

News say Sydney could been hit aswell so waterfront houses are going to drop. yay!

Generator

HSC
N/A
theone123 said:
umm

too be exact...

"China will add an additional 500 million yuan (60.46 million US dollars) of humanitarian aid to the Indian Ocean tsunami victims. "

way more than australia can ever afford to give
It is more than Australia has promised ($60 million), but it is far from being 'way more than Australia can ever afford to give'. Besides, sending in the troops and the navy for immediate rather than just financial support shall cost quite a bit.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i don't think we should be comparing each countries contribution
we should just be grateful that they are contributing
coz there is no law saying they have to
and i know that it is in their best interests as a country
but still it is not a competition

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes I agree mizz smee but when people start bad-mouthing america, australia i want them to look at the sort of contributions other nations are making.

Gooba

HSC
The US is sending a carrier group to the area to set up a massive medical facility at the area closest to the quake or so I hear.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
hmm all ur points seemed stupid to me

#1) China has a huge gdp.. it is interesting however that they have this much money all of a sudden when their people are so poor... then again it's interesting that they have jet fighters when their people are so poor.

#2) The world has alot more money lol, as for the carrier thing i bet that's pissing off china.. there's now the US above china due to iraq, in the pacific as they always have been and now in the indian ocean because of this lol

#3) I hope that bin ladin thing was a joke....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)