Economics or Drama? (1 Viewer)

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
So I'm currently debating whether to pick economics or drama.

The back story is, at this point in time, I might (just might, I actually have no idea what to do after high school) want to do something a long the lines of economics at university, however, I only have a vague idea of what it's about (though it's always fascinated me) as I've never done commerce etc. So I was thinking of doing eco just to get a feel of what it's actually like for myself and to see if I should pursue it at a tertiary level. However, I also want to pick drama, because it's really relaxed, the teacher who's taking it is awesome and I quite like it.

To be honest, if I could, I would definitely take them both, but I don't have enough units :(

Please help :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Everyone else will probably push you towards economics, so I'm gonna say do Drama.

As an alternative, Business Studies might be a nice balance of the humanities side of Drama with the Commerce side of Economics.

spatula232

HSC
Whatever you find more interesting. Eco is apparently a very heavy-content-based subject

Jinks

HSC
You said you may wish to pursue commerce later on at university however having the prior knowledge of HSC economics will probably only help you for the first part of the first year, although it would be a good chance to get a feel for commerce. When making your decision simply go with what you like the most, the more you like a subject the easier it is to put the hours in later on and get a good result.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
@Soulful how are you going in Drama atm?
My ranking was 3/24 according to my latest results.

You said you may wish to pursue commerce later on at university however having the prior knowledge of HSC economics will probably only help you for the first part of the first year, although it would be a good chance to get a feel for commerce. When making your decision simply go with what you like the most, the more you like a subject the easier it is to put the hours in later on and get a good result.
Thanks for your thoughtful reply! I was just about to ask if I was going to be disadvantaged by not doing economics for my HSC if I did it at uni but I guess I don't need to now :D

I know I should be picking what I enjoy, but I have no idea if I would enjoy economics, or find it interesting :( I think I'll read some of the syllabus online to see what's actually taught in eco.

Oh, just one final thing I forgot to add, I probably will be dropping this subject (drama or economics, whichever one I pick) after year 11.

Jinks

HSC
If you're dropping the subject it doesn't matter that much either way I suppose :p

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Do drama I'd think (might as well enjoy the subject if your planning on dropping)

deloving

HSC
Don't pick a subject you plan on dropping. You don't know if you will enjoy your other subjects. So make the best of your choices.

Economics is a hard subject, but anyone can succeed in it if they put enough work. Drama is difficult in it's own way. Most of the time it requires a sort of talent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)