economics (1 Viewer)

wilddemon

HSC
hey everyone im a bit stuck with a question here and i was just looking for a bit of guidence. im not realy sure how to address this:

"Explian the impact of globisation on the economic performance of Brazil"

any help would be much welcomed.
cheers

HSC
N/A
hey im doing the same question except on ireland (and im pretty sure everyone will too, compulsory part of syllabus)

in my case study im gonna use the syllabus dot points as subheadings - international convergence, economic growth etc. that way u address the syllabus and answer the question. plus it helps to divide it up and make it easier to answer

munchiecrunchie

HSC
Take careful note of the question, in that whilst you are looking at the impacts of globalisation on Brazil, the verb is "explain", ie relate cause and effect - therefore you will have to also look at the features of globalisation and how this involvement has caused the impacts.

You should be looking to use the "features of globalisation" and "impacts of globalisation" headings in the syllabus as your guide, making sure that you appropriately link the globalisation features itself with the consequent impacts on the economic performance of Brazil.

DontWorryCuz

HSC
wilddemon said:
hey everyone im a bit stuck with a question here and i was just looking for a bit of guidence. im not realy sure how to address this:

"Explian the impact of globisation on the economic performance of Brazil"

any help would be much welcomed.
cheers
ahhh u pooor thing i dropped that subject i hated it... more like i hated our teacher which made me dislike the subject.. its not easy too.. goodluck with it

imoO

HSC
In regards, to the question, it's asking you to explain the impact of globalization, so you might want to talk about, trading blocs, trade agreements, the main drivers of globalization, economic growth etc...

Now, you have to relate all that stuff, to Brazil, which is probably your chosen case study. So find a few stats on trade agreements and stuff on Brazil (i.e main trading partners etc..), and maybe some economic growth statistics. BE SURE TO INCLUDE GOVERNMENT POLICIES that Brazil uses in it's economy. I lost big marks there from past experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
but yeah, in reference to the op i would suggest the following approach to your info gathering

first - characteristics of brazil's economy, the factors that contribute to it being referred to as an emerging economy

second - factors that have led to the promotion of sustained economic growth

third - strategies used by the county (government policies just like the douche fag said)

fourth - most important part - in direct reference to globalisation's effect, discuss its impacts (positive or negative) on international convergence, economic growth, development and quality of lide, trade, aid, investment, TNCs, distribution of income & wealth, environmental consequences, financial markets, the international business cycle, implications for future govt policies

those things are the key things you need to refer to for a good answer to that question

thankyou for listening

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)