educate me please ;) (1 Viewer)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Any party that will legislate for my right to bare arms or smoke copious amounts of marijuana gets my vote!

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Originally posted by ohne
Don't worry about educating yourself, just vote for the Liberal/National Party, they're doing a good job at the moment, there is no need to change things.
no, don't think for yourself at all...free thought is evil and must be abolished :rolleyes:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Any party that will legislate for my right to bare arms or smoke copious amounts of marijuana gets my vote!
Bare or bear? We see way too much of your arms as it is.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
question time gets me wet
ooooh yeah :eek:

seriously tho jess, you should basically vote for whatever party represents your interests best. generally speaking, the liberal party is concerned with business and the economy. consequently a large portion of their voters are typically middle to upper class, with policies generally benefiting these people and their values. for instance, john howard's recent thoughts on private education reveal he is in favour of the values taught in private schools, which are typically relevant only to those who can afford them! therefore he is concerned with the issues of the middle to upper class.

the labor party however is generally representative of lower to middle class and thus they are typically concerned with welfare benefits, health care, public schooling and that kind of thing. they're perhaps not as strong on economics as they have a humanitarian focus, as is indicated by their policies.

so basically, you should figure out which party best represents your personal values and lifestyle :) the websites are a good place to start, though of course they are all just filled with rhetoric and propaganda (this goes for both sides). my advice is just to stay tuned to the news and read the paper as much as possible to figure out whose point of view you are generally in line with!

Jealousy

Banned
Trying to avoid generalisations spin spin, mark latham is a raging alcoholic who bashes cab drivers for fun while Howard is George Bushes little lap dog who has past his use by date. Vote Green!

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Jealousy
Trying to avoid generalisations spin spin, mark latham is a raging alcoholic who bashes cab drivers for fun while Howard is George Bushes little lap dog who has past his use by date. Vote Green!
and they're not generalisations?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I thought it was Senator Bartlett that was the raging alcoholic...
See, that would have made a lot more sense because then you could have laid into the Democrats as well, except well... I wouldn't expect that level of thought for someone that supports the Greens...

A vote for the Greens is a vote for economic mismanagement!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
anyways- Vote Labor! :p
Just remember that before you vote labor that the Australian Labor was based of the US Labor.

-Vote Liberal

LiKe A FiSh

HSC
N/A
Labor..Latham is the best thing for australian society since whitlam!!!!!! and dont give give me that stuff about what the labor party do to the economy. I just seriously cant cope living in such a conservative country anymore, and SAY SORRY (labor will) as far as im concerned Howard is a traitor to his class, has forgotten his days at canterbury boys and needs to spend more time out of kirribilli and with us normal people. Latham however, is educated, intelligent, wears suits from lowes and seems passionate about his ideas. And if you dont like labor vote greens!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
ok, since this is an election year, i figure i better start figuring out who i wanna vote for since this is my first time voting
yet i dont know anything about the parties or the candidates ;)
i dont want to believe any side (eg the claims that the draft of lathams speech was diff to his final copy) coz...well its propaganda at its best
can people tell me a bit about the parties/candidates, what they stand for, respectability, etc
i was hoping this was what the thread wa sabout. i don't know anything either, and i can't be bothered, but i will read this thread when i can be bothered.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Where do you vote and how do you vote?

I have no idea, ..... please tell me.....

My parents have never voted, and i don't think neither of my brothers did too..

Do you have to pay a fine if you don't vote? wtf is going on i need help...

But i know im going to vote Labour, John Howard can suck a dick :D I LOVE Latham's politics, but can he keep up the promises :(

Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
You suck cock.
Dear good sir,

You will never, ever, marry in my God blessed United States of America.

Not only are your sexual preferences unholy, you also seem to be remarkably ignorant about my good friend, the Man of Steel Mr. Howard's policies. In fact, you are unable to spell the name of his opposition party correctly. Even I, with my C average at Yale, can spell Democrat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)