educate me please ;) (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, since this is an election year, i figure i better start figuring out who i wanna vote for since this is my first time voting
yet i dont know anything about the parties or the candidates ;)
i dont want to believe any side (eg the claims that the draft of lathams speech was diff to his final copy) coz...well its propaganda at its best
can people tell me a bit about the parties/candidates, what they stand for, respectability, etc

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
liberals lean more to helping businesses and economies to grow and prosper..which is a downfall for workers
labour is obvious...help for the blue collar workers...although the stance of labour is highly questioned these days...

was i neutral enuff?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
if u dun want to be responsible for any of the bastards in canberra, dun want to pay the fine and want to be totally impartial..

screw up ure vote :D vote both liberal/nat and labour as 1..

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
DONKEY VOTE!!!!

well dont ... its a waste of a vote really... but if u get lost or have no idea just take a stab in the dark and pick anything.

or draw on the paper until you decide and then infuriate the ppl waiting in the queue by taking AGES...

Alexander

Gold Member
Get out there, see what each party is offering and vote for the one that offers the best future for you.
If you really wanted to research the parties, i would suggest paying attention to news throughout the few years since the last election, from 'unbiased' reporters, because even though they usually arent, they're a heck of a lot more unbiased than the parties website!.

Educate yourself, or vote for the nearest Nazi party.

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i try to watch ABC news and all that for the unbiasedness (lol, good word jess) but frankly it bores me to tears, and i cant stand watching news on the commercial stations after having my english teacher for 2 years (very strong in her opinions against the commercial stations) and TTT

Alexander

Gold Member
Well im sure ur about to be bombarded with everything you would every want to know about the parties this year...i cant remember if a law was passed to ban political advertising on tv though

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i dunno..i know they have to stop tv advertising 24hrs beforehand, but i dont know about in the lead up to that

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Please be before late october I dont want to vote.

fringey

HSC
Well I just don't understand how howard can get away with Iraq!!

Im going to vote labor, I like there plans:
They are actually going to say "sorry"..... about bloody time!

Ocker

I'm 16...can't vote yet :(

If I could, I would vote Green.

I couldn't bring myself to vote Liberal or Labor, I really couldn't :/

And no, I am not a 'commie' :)

ohne

HSC
Don't worry about educating yourself, just vote for the Liberal/National Party, they're doing a good job at the moment, there is no need to change things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)