educate me please ;) (1 Viewer)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
When I go to vote, I'm going to bring a coin and flip it.

That's how I'm gonna vote. I hope there are some officials there to see me do it :)

Alexander

Gold Member
You only get fined for not voting if you've already enrolled with the electoral commission.
That's why I dont understand people making a huge statement about getting fined and not voting even though they didnt have to enroll if they felt so strongly.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by ...
ahahahhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
Whats so funny?:mad: Thats the party my mum's telling me to vote for cause it againt One nation:D I laughted at that:p
Well uni students- go labour to save $2 of HECS fees:p
Really Jess, is your vote gonna matter that much? I know my federal aera Barton is always like 60% labour and 30% liberal, its not going to make a single difference, Go out enjoy like when your people, poltics are for old people with nothing better to do;)

PS When's the nest Republic vs Monarch election? Go rePUBlic:D

Iunny

Originally posted by LiKe A FiSh
Latham however, is educated, intelligent, wears suits from lowes and seems passionate about his ideas. And if you dont like labor vote greens!!
That is just the promoting scheme

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by fringey

They are actually going to say "sorry"..... about bloody time!
Once we say sorry expect to pay billions of dollars to the Aboriginal people for compensation for mistreating them...

Howard is just saving his ass thats all...

*More money down the drain courtesy of LABOUR!

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by Beaky
Once we say sorry expect to pay billions of dollars to the Aboriginal people for compensation for mistreating them...

Compensation for what?? I dont remember doing anything, what what ever happened to forgive and forget??? Aboriginal reminds me of Americans, always wants more:(

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
Compensation for what?? I dont remember doing anything, what what ever happened to forgive and forget??? Aboriginal reminds me of Americans, always wants more:(
Once you legally sign a document to admit that Australians mistreated Aborigines, Aboriginals can legally sue the Australian government for their Forefathers troubles and hurts...

Im sure all they expect is a simple sorry, but some may try and sue

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Im sure all they expect is a simple sorry, but some may try and sue
Even those who say all they want is an apology (and they probably only do want that) when the lure of millions of possible dollars comes around its hard to let go.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
If the aboriginal people really want reconcilliation, and the rest of australia to like them etc, which I'm sure they do, then they would not push for compensation or any such things.
If they drag money out of the government it comes from the taxes collected off the public. The public knows this. The public gets angry because of where their money is going. The public detests aboriginals. And there is no reconcilliation.

Then again, with all the welfare payments recieved by aboriginals, that attitude already exists in a far few people who think their tax dollars are wasted.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A

This isn't true. Howard claimed this some years ago, but it's B/S. When the Solicitor General appeared before a Senate committee some years ago, when this was being argued, he was asked whether it would be possible to draft a form of words that would constitute an apology without exposing the government to liability. His answer was that it would be possible. He was then asked if the government had asked for this to be done, and he said no.

Wait, apologies actually change things? I wonder if I can say sorry to America for a massive budget deficit, apologise, and have the problem magically disappear, without even being responsible for the problem in the first place?

I'm good at this politics thing:D

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by George W. Bush
Wait, apologies actually change things? I wonder if I can say sorry to America for a massive budget deficit, apologise, and have the problem magically disappear, without even being responsible for the problem in the first place?
I thought you'd already promised that the deficit will magically disappear in a few years, and anyway, didn't your deputy Cheney say that "deficits don't matter - Reagan proved that", or something to that effect? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)