EE1 CSSA trial thoughts.... (1 Viewer)

lorikeet

New Year's Eve
HSC
.....so? what'd you think?
I did module C, not sure if the whole paper had this, but I thought giving a picture and a quote/idea was a bit limiting for creative writing, but oh well, did what I could. Otherwise, pretty good!

HSC
mine was spec fiction... was that C??

anyway, i though the essay question was good, but the picture really was limited... hardly spec at all...

HSC
For the CF picture - what did everyone have the woman reeling in shock to?
If it was a body... *shakes fist*

Gabrielle08

HSC
Did RFTG. Not the greatest exam for me. The question was alright but I just didn't think it would be so focused on context so that threw me a little.

The picture was pretty good for the story that I prepared so hopefully I went alright.

One more to go. Can't wait for it to be over.

HSC
Matt1120 said:
my story was way different to everone elses (or is that a bad thing....)
That's a very good thing, everyone in my class had such horrible, horrible uncreative, boring ideas.... "woman was in shock because she saw a dead body" blah blah...

Ooo we have the same uni course aims :)

Matt1120

Basically a History Nerd
HSC
kevinx2 said:
That's a very good thing, everyone in my class had such horrible, horrible uncreative, boring ideas.... "woman was in shock because she saw a dead body" blah blah...

Ooo we have the same uni course aims :)
Yeah mine took the other perspective. She had just killed sumone but it was a love kill so when she finished she was like WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Good paper I thought. I did Module A and Revenge Tragedy, both essay and creative questions worked really well with what I had done.

Bainesy

HSC
for CF, what else would she be reacting too? it pretty much has to be a body, or a weapon. anything else just wouldnt fit

spec fic picture looked alright, man walking into the ocean to his underground lab where he performs experiments on humans and dolphins to merge thier dna to create mermaids-like things.

HSC
Bainesy said:
for CF, what else would she be reacting too? it pretty much has to be a body, or a weapon. anything else just wouldnt fit
:lol: She was reacting to an empty envelope that was supposed to have her payment from her last job (She's a hardboiled private investigator).

Hmm now that i think about it, her face just didn't express the "omg i didnt get paid" feeling.

:( The creative writing was supposed to be strong point

Bainesy said:
spec fic picture looked alright, man walking into the ocean to his underground lab where he performs experiments on humans and dolphins to merge thier dna to create mermaids-like things.
Loll sounds good

Oh yeah, how many pages did people write for each question?

morgoe

HSC
"Physical and cultural environments shape and reflect society" what the hell was that I can't explain that in words let alone through a creative. I pretttty much just ignored that.
I did CF...my woman was in shock after being told her father had died (later revealed to be murdered).
8 pages for the creative, about 1500 words preprepared, and about 7 for the essay cos I ran out of ideas. Had about 4 techniques in there too. Ugh...first essay I've EVER done for Extension 1..the trials. Lazy!

HSC
Creative: 22/25
Essay: 18/25

Anyone else get marks back?

lucidassembly

HSC
Creative: 20/25
Essay: 20/25

Really not happy :( I did so much better on the mini trial. I hate getting progressively stupider.

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
did RFTG... and apparently, we weren't supposed to write about "the castle" cos we haven't studied it closely enough yet. oh well. i refuse to write about "the shipping news" - absolutely refuse. so i probably won't get marked as high for the essay.

got my creative writing back, tho - 18/20. picture of the house in the woods; very good. kind of reminded me of e. annie proulx "retreating" to the woods with her "friend", but i didn't write about that.

i actually remember finishing the exam about five mins early, which was a nice change. started tapping out the master's drum rhythm from doctor who - we have a lot of doctor who fanatics in my class - and had three or four other people join in, so i wasn't the only one.

lucidassembly

HSC
emo-kid-91 said:
started tapping out the master's drum rhythm from doctor who - we have a lot of doctor who fanatics in my class - and had three or four other people join in, so i wasn't the only one.
Collective Doctor Who worship! You have a truly awesome class :p

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
hahahaha i like to think so ;) got the other half of my exam back today - natch, historical context (forgot to mention that Heaney was Irish! AHAHAHAH) - but i managed to get another 18/20! so 90%, tied for first. booyahkasha. was not expecting that.

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing the Crime Fiction Genre, got 62% which was average. The essay question was okay except for the last bit of it. The story was good and I went for the cliche of the lady reeling in shock over a dead body (well it was a red herring because she was the kiler. Not sure if that's good or bad.)

Zephyrio

HSC
We got our first sections back. I came first with 22/25 :D

The average was 16/25.

radioheaded

HSC
Can anyone recall the exact wording of the creative question?

Ta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)