Elder Scrolls - Oblivion (1 Viewer)

pinkelephant

HSC
N/A
*goes green with envy*

*starts shaking violently*

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*head explodes*

dilroy

HSC
I was watching my cousin play this game yesterday on his Xbox 360. He was playing his console using a HDTV, and the game looks amazing.

Anyways one thing that amazed me was the AI of this game. He was just roaming around some forest and stubled upon two NPCS. He was watching them doing some target practice with their bow and arrow. One of them picked up an apple off the floor and placed it on the other guys head and he walked off to a distance and shot his arrow right in the apple, perfect aiming. Then the other guy did the same thing but instead used a berry... and he was able to shoot the berry wihtout hurting the guy.
After a few minutes my cousin approached them and they saw him, they started a conversation and asked him if he would like to challenge them and see if wanted he wanted to practice with them. However, his character's marksmanship skills were not up to scratch because he chose to be a battlemage. Suddenly out of no where a black cloaked guy appeared and asked if he could practice with them. They accepted and placed an apple on one of the guys heads. The cloaked dude instantly shot the arrow right at the NPC and he then died, he took out another arrow and shot the other dude. Both of them were dead and then the cloaked guy approached my cousin and said "You saw nothing" then he ran off into the distance.

Well, my cousin ended up looting their bodies lol

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
dilroy said:
I was watching my cousin play this game yesterday on his Xbox 360. He was playing his console using a HDTV, and the game looks amazing.

Anyways one thing that amazed me was the AI of this game. He was just roaming around some forest and stubled upon two NPCS. He was watching them doing some target practice with their bow and arrow. One of them picked up an apple off the floor and placed it on the other guys head and he walked off to a distance and shot his arrow right in the apple, perfect aiming. Then the other guy did the same thing but instead used a berry... and he was able to shoot the berry wihtout hurting the guy.
After a few minutes my cousin approached them and they saw him, they started a conversation and asked him if he would like to challenge them and see if wanted he wanted to practice with them. However, his character's marksmanship skills were not up to scratch because he chose to be a battlemage. Suddenly out of no where a black cloaked guy appeared and asked if he could practice with them. They accepted and placed an apple on one of the guys heads. The cloaked dude instantly shot the arrow right at the NPC and he then died, he took out another arrow and shot the other dude. Both of them were dead and then the cloaked guy approached my cousin and said "You saw nothing" then he ran off into the distance.

Well, my cousin ended up looting their bodies lol
FUCK U WITH THAT STORY. DON'T YOU HAVE NO FKN HEART? CAN'T YOU SEE I DON'T HAVE THE GAME? FUCK YOU YOU FKN HEARTLESS FUCKER.

[hehehe...sorry about that:eek:. Man I want that game so badly, but if I buy it I won't be doing anything else. :mad1: :mad1: :chainsaw: :( :chainsaw: :( :chainsaw: :burn:

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
I have it. I was the first customer at EB Games Bansktown this morning. Woooohooooooooooooo.

Now all I have to do is convince my mum to let me play.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
The bloody thing doesn't run on my comp. everything is slow motion.

Comp Specs:
P4 3GHz
2.5GB RAM
nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Graphic Crad: The problem
Windows XP Pro SP2
:burn:

dilroy

HSC
rofl hahahaha

same thing happened with me, bloody looks like 2 fps when I move. I just play it on X360, don't bother with the rubbish PC provides too expensive to upgrade.

Lower down the graphics mate... and FX 5200 with 2.5GB RAM!!!! is too much RAM for that card lol

oh yeah, another story.. I was strolling along the woods when this bandit jumped out of no where.. he was chasing me for 5 minutes straight, I ran up the mountains and across snowy peaks dodging any wolf or bear in my way.. he was still chasing me and hitting me along the way. I was on very low health and he hit the final blow on me, bashed my brains in and he jumped off the mountain and killed himself... Then the sun rose from the peak and it was a beautiful death.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
It's probably a wonderfully painful bless in my case. If I could play the damn thing I would've been doomed. I'm so broke at the moment that won't be able to afford a half-decent card anytime soon.

as for my RAM: I used to have 512 MB and when I installed CS:S it wasn't quite enough so I shoved in a couple 1GB RAM sticks.

The check-out chick at EB Games told me that I could return the game within 7 days if I didnt like it. What stops me from copying the CD and taking my money back?....Just a thought. I would never do it. Honest.

Last edited:

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Oblivion is awesome!! aargh though its distracting me from uni work big time

Kabeio

k.
HSC
though it is a pain they got rid of levitate i loved that damn spell!!

transcendent

HSC
N/A
this is my first elder scroll game. i vote it the best game EVER. more RPGs should be based on this engine.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
Kabeio said:
though it is a pain they got rid of levitate i loved that damn spell!!
I abused that spell so much. I was specialized in magic and used a very nice enchanted bow. Killing most characters was so easy. Besides, flying over those damned mountains.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
It hasn't been said yet: OBLIVION IS AMAZING!!!! :D
I've been playing it on my 360 and just ejaculating every 10 minutes. I can't stop playing it. Play it late at night, before uni, when i come back from uni. It's really impacting on my life. But damn it's amazing!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I've been having fun with it. The best new features compared to morrowind are the fast travel and the lock-picking minigame. You can pick any lock with any difficulty with a bit of skill, some luck and the quick-load button. It's a pity that it makes the security skill obsolete, though.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
not really, since i can't be bothered with picking locks i use the auto attempt button and high security is a must. there is just so much to do. i've restarted characters four times already just to make the perfect one. hell i've bought a prima guide for the first time and found it immeasurable invaluable. i played it all of last night with no sleep, but then i did sleep til 2pm yesterday. been playing it with every available spare moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)