Elective choices? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey, i'm just about to start my elective but I'm not 100% sure on what to pick, like I hear communication is the easiest, but it sounds fairly boring, so I'm leaning towards Genetics (because I find that fairly interesting) and The Human Story (which I also find interesting)

But, I'm not sure if genetics would be too hard, and in my text book 'The Human Story' is 20 pagers longer, so seems like more work. Advice? And I'd like to know what you all picked/are-picking and why

HSC
Oh and I believe Genetics would probably revise the inheritance section of the course, and the human story would probably revise evolution, so I think they would probably be the better ones?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually, communication is one of the better scaling options. Its not that boring. I actually found it interesting.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Oh you get to choose your option? :eek: lucky :( hahaha! (although I was happy with my option)

In terms of what's more difficult, I don't think there's really too much of a difference, all the electives get scaled every year depending how difficult they are.

I was forced to do genetics however I'm really glad in the end that we did it.
A lot of the dotpoints are similar to blueprint of life and extends on them so it reinforces a lot of the stuff that you learn.

trungduong12

HSC
I heard that genetics questions in past hsc papers are a lot harder and more tricky than communication?
Is that right?

My school chose communication
But i really wanna go genetics
>______<

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep, unfortunately not mine :(
Same here..

But I think..communication is the easiest to understand and its very a straightforward topic in Biology...not like Blueprint of Life..

HSC
Yeah, luckily we are one of the schools :D I'm fairly sure i'm the only person who picked to not do communication, and am instead doing The Human Story, which in my opinion has been the most interesting topic. Same thing in Physics, our class also got to pick which elective we wanted to do, and theres people doing medical physics and astrophysics. Mind you, physics and biology are mainly just reading from the textbook and writing notes anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)