• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Elementary school shooting in Conneticut (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I don't think so. Someone could just take up a hidden position with a sniper rifle and shoot people down.
Sniping invokes a high level of skill.
Sniping is also a very slow tedious project to perform.
Sniping is restricted in the US by the calibre size.
Do you know anything about the subject of firearms, their use, safety, and laws or anything to do with firearms other then the trash "Bowling for Columbine" they made you watch in HS?

I don't think it would be difficult to kill a lot of unsuspecting people even if they had guns. Also, children can't use guns so the maniacs will probably just target more schools and pre-schools. I think that allowing people to have guns has more flaws that not allowing people guns.
You think wrong.
Texas schools require teachers to be armed.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Ill make it as simple as possible.

If every normal sane person held a permit to own and owned a pistol, crimes would drop.

You know why?

Because none of the retards would be game to pull a gun on someone who would also have a gun.
Yes, they would. If there's people doing it now, there would be people doing it then. Because in these circumstances, gun ownership really isn't the main issue.

JJDoubles

HSC
Ill make it as simple as possible.

If every normal sane person held a permit to own and owned a pistol, crimes would drop.

You know why?

Because none of the retards would be game to pull a gun on someone who would also have a gun.

Very vague, but take the wild west era for example. Nearly everyone had a firearm of some sort, was there massacres? No. Why? Because everyone would drop the idiot before he could fire off another shot.
In this case though it was mainly children who were murdered.

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
You shouldn't make random, vague claims like me being retarded or that I hate freedom, cause both of those are untrue. Sorry guys, but you can't argue with the facts. Basically, if you let the public have guns, there will be more shootings, massacres etc. If you take away those guns and make them illegal, there will be less. It's as simple as that.
haha no it won't because people who massacre people are crazy and will get a gun illegally. if they want to murder a bunch of people they'll do it so making guns illegal wohnn't fix that

taking guns away takes peoples ability to protect themselves away. ~you can't argue with the facts~ rape and robbery etc has gone up since guns were made illegal but in the us they have gone down lol you're a completel and utter fuckass

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
I don't think so. Someone could just take up a hidden position with a sniper rifle and shoot people down. I don't think it would be difficult to kill a lot of unsuspecting people even if they had guns. Also, children can't use guns so the maniacs will probably just target more schools and pre-schools. I think that allowing people to have guns has more flaws that not allowing people guns.
hahahahahahaahha omg i am dying "someone could just take up a hidden position" lol srsly if someone is crazy enough to do that they wouldn't buy a sniper rifle that is registered to them and the bullets can be traced back to the gun do you even know how the world works?

Dash8

HSC
hahaha still losing it jesus christ
Don't see how this is funny? 20 primary school kids and 6 teachers have just been shot dead before Christmas and you're trying to tell me everyone should be allowed to have guns....Have some respect please.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Don't see how this is funny? 20 primary school kids and 6 teachers have just been shot dead before Christmas and you're trying to tell me everyone should be allowed to have guns....Have some respect please.
BOS is very pro-killing kids

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Also,for the people saying that most of these murders are committed with illegal weapons, that's incorrect.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...guns-and-mass-shootings-in-the-united-states/
first comment

Walkadee2
3:14 PM EDT
The world of statistics is fraught with problems and misinterpretations. As an illustration the author was on an Open University Mathematics Degree course some years ago. He presented some fellow Maths students with the following sequence of numbers: 3, 11, 24, 42, 51, and 57 and asked which one was the odd one out. The students then spent the next hour or so analysing this ‘data’, some being convinced of finding the solution after using a myriad of such techniques as calculus and various obscure mathematical formulas to no apparent avail. They were not amused to learn the answer was 42 because all the others came with fried rice! This cost the author a swift round of drinks. However, this anecdote does show that random data can be over analysed and patterns discovered which simply either do not exist or are in the sample data by pure chance.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
first comment
"Statistics can be misinterpreted" is a pretty weak rebuttal considering either side could use it and it doesn't actually mean anything.

I'm taking the side of statistics here, I won't be drawn on the gun debate.

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
i was losing it at your sniper comment haha

so you think legalising guns will inevitably lead to someone sniping a bunch of people
even though that would either be done by a crazy person who would find an illegal weapon or just a person who would find an illegal weapon because all bullets can be traced back to registered guns and if someone goes to the trouble of hiding to sniper people i'm pretty sure they wouldn't use a registered gun idiot

and yeah fuck i hate kids. bunch o' parasites. I mean obviously i feel for all the people who lost family members but look at the stats legal weapons in the same coutnry as lowered crim and rape etc rates compared to aus where they have risen. if there is more control over semi-automatic and automatic weapons that is a step in the right direction but don't tell people they cannot protect themselves becuase a crazy person killed some kids which which was probably inevitable. (maybe not kids but i mean come on you don't just wake up and feel like slaughtering he was a nut job)

cost-benefit analysis and I know where I'd rather live......

(haha fuck that was distasteful)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
If you're going to dismiss statistics, then that should be applied to both sides of the debate.
Im not dismissing them, im stating that they can be skewed to which ever form the author wants if the need is high enough.

Going on a round about way, but deaths related to speeding in Australia "Its too damn high!". What the statistics fail to mention is speed is a contributing factor, not the actual cause, but are skewed or titled in a way to invoke hysteria in the masses when published.

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
Im not dismissing them, im stating that they can be skewed to which ever form the author wants if the need is high enough.

Going on a round about way, but deaths related to speeding in Australia "Its too damn high!". What the statistics fail to mention is speed is a contributing factor, not the actual cause, but are skewed or titled in a way to invoke hysteria in the masses.
let's not taint the beauty that is mathematics pls

'smoking doesn't kill it just contributes to early death' shhh let's not do this

let's talk abotu GUNS

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)