Elitist Selective school mentality makes me rage! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enoilgam

HSC
No personal information is to be revealed in this thread - doing so will result in infractions. Now, get back on topic.

honeycomb

HSC
Out of pure honestly, not designed to offend anyone (but it does get somewhat racial but I'm trying to speak the truth). This is written to the best of my knowledge after attending a selective school (and comprehensive school).

1. Asian students (includes Indians etc) have a much higher tendency to attend coaching schools and tuition etc.
2. White people have a much higher tendency to do what they love and have no tuition/coaching.

Personally, I think tuition is usually a waste of time AND money.

1. I topped my school in Physics without any tutoring (my father taught me a bit) but otherwise, I didn't have tutoring. I can say that pretty much all of the top 30 received tutoring (at least all the Asians, curries etc) - scratch that, most Asians had tutoring for physics yet couldn't beat me (intention is to prove a point, not bragging). Why and how? I put proper effort in and relied on reliable sources only.
2. I went to tutoring for 4U (for SOME of the year) but eventually left because it had no effect on me - what actually changed me was the effort I put in (doing past papers equates to more understanding).
3. For English, I went to tutoring and it allowed me to have another perspective on my texts which proved to be useful but isn't necessary to do well.

There are a few points I want to make clear:
1. If you rely on tutoring in HSC, you're bound to fuck up down the road - university requires you to work independently and if you can't do that, you're fucked.
2. The cost of tutoring is generally NOT worth it - exceptions apply, of course (eg crap teacher etc)
You say you got hardly any tutoring yet you go on to say you got it for 2 subjects? ... that kinda means you got tutoring.
Oh and there's no point in saying that you don't mean to cause offense to any Asians. As a half Asian, I took offence, because you insinuate that the Asians you know only achieve high marks, do so through tutoring. I'm coming top 3 in all my subjects, without ANY tutoring whatsoever, and IM Asian?
You go onto say that white people are more inclined to do well in subjects without tutoring because they enjoy it more. Are you attempting to say that somehow Asians don't love the subjects they are doing? or are forced into it?
Because a lot of the people who attend my school, both white and ethnic, love the subjects they do and although some go to tutoring, the vast majority do not.

Last edited:

hayabusaboston

HSC
Wow lol... just because the test might've been easier than previous years, doesn't mean you have to be that cocky...
guys just saying, but even IM not that cocky haha. I used to be, though not any more. Though yes, OP, I agree with your thread. The selective school I went to (Hurlstone Ag) wasnt even RANKED HIGH and the people there were SO FRICKIN UP THEMSELVES its not even funny. I knew I acted up myself sometimes, but then I went to HAHS and realised that there's people who are 10x worse. HAHS is ranked like 28 or something.

xxyennii

HSC
Do you agree or disagree with the OP.
Whilst the discussion of whether or not there is a dichotomy between selective and comprehensive schools is a valid one, this has stemmed from images of Facebook posts which were posted here in a violation of the individuals' privacy. And yes, Facebook may not be entirely private, that does not give the OP the right to screenshot them without permission and post them here, particularly when the attempt to black out the name was really quite useless. Furthermore, the thread has descended into the victimisation of schools and individuals, which is incredibly upsetting and completely uncalled for. I don't even know why it has been allowed to continue on for so long, it should be removed immediately.

Bloodstriker

HSC
You guys do realise the OP said he made a mistake about generalizing on the 1st or 2nd page of the thread? Geez...

cookeemonstah

HSC
The person who posted that on facebook will not get a job (worst things have happened with smaller posts).

Employers and interviewers do research on students. Don't post anything you will regret later.

lpower3

HSC
"IF YOU WANNA GO PARTY AND WASTE OXYGEN GO TO AMERICAN UNIS. STOP TAKING MY POSITIONS & SCHOLARSHIP OPTIONS BITCHH"

...isn't that what uni's about? : (

gip213

HSC
N/A
Wait so you're telling me that if an employer just so happens to stumble on this thread using a reverse search to see through the red lines and be like omg its this girl, AND THEN what? Not hire her cos of her personal opinion of an economics exam (but obviously made people butthurt)?
Though I wouldn't mind working for a wizard

Keelan134

HSC
I TOTALLY AGREE! :)

I get 5 bonus points for law and arts at ANU. (I still want to get 96+ to know that I got in on my own merit, however) Most prestigious law school in the country. Fucken delicious. Got into Wollongong for selective entry as well. Being a rural student isn't all that bad.
Yeah I'm trying to get to UNSW for B Comm which was a 96, but trying to do that on my own merit. Rural schools are tough too, even I go to a private school on the Central Coast but we have bogans, lads, and a very minimal study ethic.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Likewise Ealdoon. If their interviewer found out about this any chance of schoalrships would be broken into the ground. Lol imagine if like, they had no idea that it was on BoS and then suddenly, their interviewer's like, is this you?
That would be funny! xD

Ryazand

Meatlover
HSC
Uni Grad
kk my bad but it reduces her chances
If I was an employer, I'd be less concerned with her and more about OP screenshotting comments on Facebook and posting them on a public forum.
Food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)