Emptiness with End of HSC (1 Viewer)

frostysnow

HSC
gcchick said:
Haha nice, I went to the shops and finally bought "Twilight", because all my mates are making me read it. Then I cam home, went to Subway and jumped in my pool. It's so hot up here!
haha that's a good idea! too bad i already read it (breaking dawn) during the exams XD

Last edited:

icecoffee

HSC
frostysnow said:
haha that's a good idea! too bad i already read it (breaking dawn) during the exams XD
eugh. Did you like Breaking Dawn?

treehat

HSC
Yeah , havnt finished the HSC yet , but since I haven't been studying really, I feel 'empty' and very sad about leaving school . I have no real idea why.. Maybe cause it was my life, and now its gone lol.. I loved classes so much , and now I miss them more than I even thought i would. I miss teachers, and my whole grade.. and just being there lol. People don't see me as this kind of person outwardly cause I'm not enthousiastic about homework and study etc. but iits just what i've always felt. I know that uni should be exciting.. but I dont care about it yet lol I just wanna be a child in school haha . I must seem very weird but I'm sure that I'll get over it soon enough. Is anyone else still missing school?

icecoffee

HSC
I'm missing school to a certain extent. I liked the routine of school, the free periods, being with your friends and doing the most random things at lunch or during class! But studying, assignments and all that crap? Good riddance! Uni is a daunting prospect for me but i've got about 3.5 months to get over that.

adnan91

HSC
friction said:
Sucks so hard being 17.
I KNOOOWW but im 16. I do miss school but not that much, its kinda like a pity miss plus i feel soo bad for the new year 12's just cant help myself and laugh. But yes im going party whenever possible, play games, get my Ps, get a PING PONG table yees btw not asian. Only bad thing is that im not allowed to go to schoolies!!! :argue: waaaaa

snowconesyum

HSC
whoisurdaddy said:
anyone know any interesting books to read? :O (list would be good)
maybe i can help you :) yay books! looking for a job in a bookshop atm.. and am just about to get into a list i've prepared for myself
- but it really depends on what type of books you like - are you a fluffy/easyreading books type or want ones that are profound/beautiful? or funny?
anyway - my favourites EVER, are Dirt Music and the TUrning (both by tim winton yay :)) , The God of Small Things (Arundhati Roy - won the Booker Prize) which is simply AMAZING, the most beautiful writing and yet it's not too heavy to not enjoy reading. Also, just for it's pure awesome witty fun-ness levels ;) - The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde (and all the books in the Thursday Next series. don't bother with the nursery rhyme series, they weren't so good)

also - now don't judge me! i am a little bit of a harry potter fanfic fan ;).. however this piece of fanfiction just happens to be, imho, the best out there - better than harry potter itself! i know!! blasphemy! but it is true! and if ur doubting the authors' cred, they're both published authors in other areas :p
it's called 'The Shoebox Project' and is about Sirius, James, Remus and Peter... this has made me laugh until i couldn't breathe, and cry pretty badly too. it's amazing.

good semi-classics: catcher in the rye
the english patient
1984 (didn't actually like this. but it's probably a good idea to read it just because it's pretty much canon)
lord of the flies (same)
catch 22
the grapes of wrath
ah can't be bothered to think anymore sorry haha

oh but
other awesome stuff:
A spot of Bother - Mark Haddon
White Teeth - Zadie Smith
life of pi (just in case u got thru yr 11 without reading it.. i know our whole grade basically did!)
(trashy/kid fantasy type if u want to go a bit regressive ;)) - diana wynne jones! esp chrestomanci series :)
anything tim winton :)

ahhh i am braindead. why am i still awake? anyway happy reading everyone!

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
Im quite bored now lol. I guess my 18th is in like 4 days :D

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
sometimes i miss school i miss learning and doing maths... maybe i miss it too cos i feel as though i could of done sooo much better despite my effort.

I feel too free and like a wild child i have NOTHING holding me back.. no excuses not to do anything and eveything is soo uncoordinated & random. i feel a bit lost cos its like now what.. i need a plan in life ..

actully i dont know how i feel. im must be lost

But we seriously better enjoy these 3 months. life only gets harder as you get older, and we will propberly never find ourselves with 3 months ever again once the 'real world' begins, where we can do absoultly nothing, or absolutly eveything.

phnuggle

HSC
danz90 said:
Yeah, there is a bit of emptiness atm.. just totally numb to the enormity of this whole "I've actually finished 13 years of schooling" thing.

But next few days will be applying for jobs, and going out for coffee and shit.
I think I'm just gonna enjoy a nice, light routine for the next few days:
-Nice morning walk
-Come home, have coffee, read the paper
-Watch midday tv
-Go visit friends
and whatever else happens...
what are you like a 65 year old retiree??

Tim035

HSC
I hated the HSC at the time, it depressed the hell out of me.
But 2 years later now, I still get nostalgia if I ever reminiscent about it, or listen to songs I use to listen to whilst studying for it.

Enjoy your break 08ers, party hard and don't dare think about doing something as dumb as studying for the uni course you plan on doing.

danz90

HSC
phnuggle said:
what are you like a 65 year old retiree??
ROFL

I just need to wind down and live the simple life... I'm still in HSC Mode unfortunately - today I had the urge to study.

I'll definitely start partying etc in due time.

mudcake42

HSC
hell no! I don't feel any sadness. Just relieved it's all over

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Emptiness with the end of the hsc? Thats an odd concept, ive felt empty for the last year, can't wait to finally go out and feel like myself again, not an information regurgitation machine.

tau281290

HSC
whoisurdaddy said:
anyone know any interesting books to read? :O (list would be good)
Yea, do u like investing? I got top 10 investment books.

1. the Intelligent Investor (1949) Ben Graham
2. Common Stocks Uncommon Profits (1985) - Phillip Fisher
3...etc

There is a new Biography out called "The Snowball", its good, Im going to buy it =D

ashlee-xx

HSC
man ive been going to school for 13 years
now i dont no what to do
ewwwww i have to be like an adult now

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
ashlee-xx said:
now i dont no what to do
lol, shock horror

layzeehbum

HSC
ashlee-xx said:
now i dont no what to do
same...
ive been doing nothing since i fin my exam...
haiz haiz (sigh)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)