ENCORE 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i figure that it'd be hard to elect some composers since most composers tend to go all out in their compositions... I know I did... I'm like... ORCHESTRA TIME!!! (Very typical mind you) so, I don't think getting people to learn your/my composition would be cost effective or whatever??

Still. I had a perfectly good recording of it. Maybe it's too visually boring just playing the recording, but still, I said in my lil prologue - this is a tribute to hans zimmer. So if they picked me, they have to make a shrine in the centre...

Or play gladiator on mute... hahaha. I amuse myself...

Whoever said that the canditure for music extension (composition) is small...

I LOVE YOU!!!

WOO HOO!!!

*crosses fingers* I don't care if i dont get into encore. this composition has engulfed all of this year and I await the results...

How small? Like single digit small? Oh that would be grrreeaaattt :p

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
aparently they havent done the nominations for compositions yet... APARENTLY! so stress less you composers

Josephine

HSC
Nominations usually mean that you got at least full marks in ONE of your pieces, and that the rest of your pieces got full marks or near full marks - so it has to be consistent. Whether or not you get selected for Encore really just depends on the program that they want, it hasn't really got to do with the quality of your performance or composition. I got nominated, I'm so happy! :D Didn't get a written letter though, they sent it to the school.

Anyway, congrats moon_styla! Nothing I didn't expect :p

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
congrats to the ppl who got nominated for performance, awesome stuff! and to everyone who did performance whether u got nominated or not :D

i got nominated for compo last year, the nom's came out in November (or so it says on the letter). So dont worry theres still a chance... :uhhuh:

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
congrats josephine. and as if u wont get into encore. getting nominated shouldve been a piece of cake. anyway i can bet ya you'll get asked to play la campanella at encore. famous and its a show piece. and damn u for doing music a year early lol i wanted to do music last year but my music director was too lazy. he almost made me do music 1!!! coz he couldnt be bothered making a separate timetable for music 1 and music 2 peeps

P*O*R*T*I*A

HSC
encore

Hey I was just wondering... Is it only performance that is showcased at encore or is it composition and musicology as well?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
composition as well, but performance get notified earlier. I'm not sure if it's possible to "perform" musicology... :confused:

P*O*R*T*I*A

HSC
well I was just comparing it to onstatge, because they showcase critical essays, so I thought they might do the same for music... do you know when you find out if compos are nominated?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
actually I'm not sure. If you got to the music section here, theres a thread about "did anyone get nominated for encore?" and there's a few already up there. So I think you'll start finding out plus a letter. Compositions are a little later though.

Josephine

HSC
Crikket: I play piano :) The only instrument I'm good at lol.

moon_styla: music 1?! that would've been a total waste of you. Doing music early is good - means I don't have to practise this year and worry incessantly about how my pieces are coming along! Not that I won't be playing... but yeh, no pressure :D

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
moon_styla said:
i dunno how long i gotta wait.. if the concert's next year, i'll probably have to wait till like jan or feb next year?? OR they could let u know in dec? or after HSC.

lol i wouldnt have a clue!
When I did it in 2000, they sent me my letter in December. I don't think anything much has changed since then.

But congratulations both of you :)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
I found out that this guy from my music class got nominated for Encore!! Hes an amazing singer!! But he also got nominated for Onstage for both his drama IP and GP!!!! He is a genius i must say!

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Crikket said:
damn talented people!
*shakes fist*
nah jk :D
is anyone going to go see it next year?
I've been going every year since 2000, so I think I'll be there.

Are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)