eng ext 2 students of 2010! (1 Viewer)

gavskiez

HSC
This right now is probably the hardest bit, three weeks into year 12 and trying to think of a good idea to sustain. I'm going with a semi-absurdist script about perception and stuff, but damn this course seems so much more intimidating now that I actually have to work on it... :bomb:

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
and they don't let us include ext. 2 english in our first 10 units at our school so we can pull out with dignity if we have nothing ready on the due date rather than being forced to hand up crap. we usually lose half the group in term 2.
i fought for the right to do this tooth and nail last year, and my school wouldn't let me because i would (and this is a direct quote) 'fail spectacularly'.

what did I get for accumulative average assessment mark? 49/50

suck on that school.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
i fought for the right to do this tooth and nail last year, and my school wouldn't let me because i would (and this is a direct quote) 'fail spectacularly'.

what did I get for accumulative average assessment mark? 49/50

suck on that school.
Let's hope I manage as well as you, 'cuz EE2 is one of my 10 D:

Eh, I'm sure I'll do fine. I've written 2k word stories in a day before.

Essjaybee

HSC
Short story :) Though im glad i can change my mind at any time

My Head teacher wont let any ee2 sudents do a film because "other people have parents and other connections to fox studios and alike" and some speech we all zoned out of...

I was warned against doing 10 units, my ee2 teacher, careers advisor and deputy principal all tried to talk me out of it, but when I want something badly enough there's no stopping me :)

clarehenry

HSC
N/A
This right now is probably the hardest bit, three weeks into year 12 and trying to think of a good idea to sustain. I'm going with a semi-absurdist script about perception and stuff, but damn this course seems so much more intimidating now that I actually have to work on it... :bomb:

semi absurdist script?
wow sounds... intriuging...
elaborate? i want to know more

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I shall add another to the lot doing short stories. I'm still contemplating between the whole thing being an internal monologue or half of the story being internal then the rest being from an outside observer of the same person and the same story but just a change in perspectives.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Short stories =)
Probably a series of vignettes about a certain thing from different perspectives.
I've started writing and I know it sounds geeky but: ext2 is so exciting! x)
You're posting that in the thread with other people doing Ext2, honestly it doesn't.
Also be careful with the perspectives I've seen some really badly done ones that were impossible to follow

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
You're posting that in the thread with other people doing Ext2, honestly it doesn't.
Also be careful with the perspectives I've seen some really badly done ones that were impossible to follow
Lol yes, I suppose. We're all in love with this course or else we wouldn't have chosen to do it.
Thanks for the advice, shall be careful. I'm focusing around a city and the characters I provide perspectives from will be interlinked so hopefully it won't be too hard to follow. I just feel that this topic is something that I HAVE to write about it so I'm going to do whether it works or not ><' (It's about my home country and it's very close to me - maybe the fact that there's so much heart in it will make up for any shortcomings heh.)

Hmm, yours sounds interesting - I like the two different perspectives of the same person & story idea. (heh, maybe I just have a thing for different perspectives ^^).

Last edited:

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Haha maybe. If it is pulled off it is a good technique but I also want to show to people that depression isn't something that is easy to deal with or to notice.

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
Haha maybe. If it is pulled off it is a good technique but I also want to show to people that depression isn't something that is easy to deal with or to notice.
Depression, yikes! If you had been in my class, my teacher would have castrated you by now ><". She hates anything she labels as "teen angst" and that includes depression, no matter what take you do on it. Which I think is a pity because I think you can do some pretty interesting writing with that kind of a topic. Goodluck with it =]

.. I'm the only one in my Ext. 2 class . It's a little weird .. :)
Haha, lol! But I guess that means you get a lot more attention so it sounds pretty cool :D

rigellian

HSC
Hey! Considering that I've been a maths guy all my life, I'd never imagine myself doing this course. But, yeah I'm doing a critical analysis and I've got my idea down pat (I hope). Although, I'm SLIGHTLY worrying at the moment because my school has set the viva-voce due for next Monday (yikes!)

Critcal Response. XD Maybe. Or Creative Writing Peice.

.. I'm the only one in my Ext. 2 class . It's a little weird .. :)
Aww.. but it'd be good. The teachers can then focus all their attention on you. There are 2 Ext. 2 classes of 12-ish students at my school and usually the teacher can't get to one person in time when we're discussing ideas.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
rigellian said:
Aww.. but it'd be good. The teachers can then focus all their attention on you. There are 2 Ext. 2 classes of 12-ish students at my school and usually the teacher can't get to one person in time when we're discussing ideas.
But it also means not having anyone to compare work with and talk to about it. Our teacher was pretty much able to split us into two groups of 3 plus 1 who doesn't have frees with the others. Since 3 of us aren't doing maths and three aren't doing subjects on one line together. This system is good because it means we can still discuss as a group but it also means that we can't have one large group discussion.

There is a positive and a negative side to everything you just have to take different viewpoints.

yalando

HSC
I'm doing a suite of short stories. Does anybody else feel as if the EE2 is creating a soothing affect instead of stress in an already stressful time. For me when i'm sick of doing my chemistry or whatever, i will end up doing EE2 and not even realise it lol. This course is awesome!
I hope everyone does well and keeps at it eh.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Depression, yikes! If you had been in my class, my teacher would have castrated you by now ><". She hates anything she labels as "teen angst" and that includes depression, no matter what take you do on it. Which I think is a pity because I think you can do some pretty interesting writing with that kind of a topic. Goodluck with it =]

Haha, lol! But I guess that means you get a lot more attention so it sounds pretty cool :D
Yup, teen angst doesn't float the boat of any marker, Arcorn.

You're meant to be doing an English piece- showing off your sophisticated writing with flair, control and technical skill. Preaching to people might not be the best idea. k.

rigellian

HSC
I'm doing a suite of short stories. Does anybody else feel as if the EE2 is creating a soothing affect instead of stress in an already stressful time. For me when i'm sick of doing my chemistry or whatever, i will end up doing EE2 and not even realise it lol. This course is awesome!
I hope everyone does well and keeps at it eh.
I know, aye! When I zone out in class, my mind drifts to EE2 stuff as well. Like, I'd be imagining playing back the lesson out of narrative sequence (Memento/Following style). It's pretty trippy.

cupa

HSC
haha GO SHORT STORIES!
ive only just started pulling my ideas together and we had to have our propsal in like 4 weeks ago.
any ideas on how to go about doing the journal> im not to sure what it needs to entail or anythin
im the only one doing extension 2 english at my school, and the other girl doing extension 1 doesnt really want to.
ta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)