eng ext 2 students of 2010! (1 Viewer)

clarehenry

HSC
N/A
how are your MW's going so far?where are you getting your inspirations?!how do i start?!!!

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
The only thing i know is that i will be doing a critical response or a speech, other than the form i have no idea whatsoever. Sounds enthralling, no?

HSC
yeah im doing critical analysis..i just hve this little notebook..so if something comes up..ill just write it down

MissGiggles

HSC
a couple of years ago my friend wrote this script i absolutely loved that she wanted to turn into a movie. the two main characters were based on her, the leader of this major organisation, and me, her second in command who she has to rescue after i screwed up a job she gave me. this is my inspiration and i am sooo glad she doesn't like BOS right now lol but i will run the idea by her. eventually.

second lesson at quarter to eight tomorrow. argh, it's killing me already! i can't find a mentor either...if i go with a script i will ask...okay, beg....my drama teacher for help but i still want an english teacher to officially mentor me.

apparently critical responses get marked hard because it's hard to do enough research into the topic to please them. good luck :)

Last edited:

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
We haven't had any meetings about it yet, but I'm probably going to do a crit response. I'm freaking out already because I don't have a topic yet and I'm only doing 10U so I need a good thesis.. EEP.

I haven't really thought about mentoring.. Can english teachers mentor you? I'm thinking not, especially since we have about 40 people + doing it, and they're the ones who are going to be marking it.. so where do you find a mentor? D:

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Woohoo, on this thread, criticals are dominating short stories!

Yeah, CR Pride!

:jump:

I think I'm getting closer to coming up with something...

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
I guess I'll break the trend by saying

SHORT STORY TIEM

We've only had one meeting so far... I still haven't a clue what I'm going to write about. I know that writing a critical response or something would guarantee me higher marks but eh...

I've really wanted to write a highly polished piece for a while now. I guess this is my chance :)

MissGiggles

HSC
I haven't really thought about mentoring.. Can english teachers mentor you? I'm thinking not, especially since we have about 40 people + doing it, and they're the ones who are going to be marking it.. so where do you find a mentor? D:
we're supposed to find an english teacher to mentor us but it's acceptable to have another type of teacher at your school. the only reason i'm not asking my adv/ext. 1 teacher is because i can easily ask for her opinion close to the deadline since i see her every day, but i can't find someone else entirely with a day to go, and everyone in my class will swarm since she's really friendly. it's not written anywhere but since the documents your mentor need to sign to say you didn't plagurise are sent in by the school, it pretty much needs to be a teacher at your school.

on second thoughts i'm going with a short story. i can describe emotions and experiences better that way. we've been practically banned from critical responses by our ext. 2 teacher. in the last lot they had two and they were the two worst scores of the group.

and they don't let us include ext. 2 english in our first 10 units at our school so we can pull out with dignity if we have nothing ready on the due date rather than being forced to hand up crap. we usually lose half the group in term 2.

Last edited:

little-writer

HSC
I'm probably doing a critical response - not really sure on the topic though. Was going to do short story, but changed my mind.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
we're supposed to find an english teacher to mentor us but it's acceptable to have another type of teacher at your school. the only reason i'm not asking my adv/ext. 1 teacher is because i can easily ask for her opinion close to the deadline since i see her every day, but i can't find someone else entirely with a day to go, and everyone in my class will swarm since she's really friendly. it's not written anywhere but since the documents your mentor need to sign to say you didn't plagurise are sent in by the school, it pretty much needs to be a teacher at your school.

on second thoughts i'm going with a short story. i can describe emotions and experiences better that way. we've been practically banned from critical responses by our ext. 2 teacher. in the last lot they had two and they were the two worst scores of the group.

Mentors do not have to be from your school nor do they have to be a teacher of any kind.

Jakeo

HSC
I'm dead set on a short story. I can write crazy stuff as long as I'm interested. Trying to decide what/where/on whom to base it on. I'm leaning towards Women Convicts - since it crosses over with my HSC Ext. History case study (some nice historical background helps). Lots of concepts...to choose from!

Jeee

Banned
HSC
We've only had one meeting so far... I still haven't a clue what I'm going to write about. I know that writing a critical response or something would guarantee me higher marks but eh...
No form of major work is greater than the other. They are all marked accordingly.

SHORT STORIES, ftw (for the win).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)