ENGL1025- what the? (1 Viewer)

neafoo

HSC
what is the point of the subject though?
i didnt really understand the lecture today and i even read all the stuff

has anyone read the day of the locust yet? or at least got it out of the library?

Megan5

HSC
Yeah, I have started reading it. I bought it from Co-op for about $12 I think.

I don't mind this subject. Lectures are really annoying me at the moment though. I think he reads off his notes too much.
It sounded like he was reading out sections of an essay today, which made it hard to distingush what is/isn't relevant. It was much better when people asked questions and he responded, without reading mechanically.

neafoo

HSC
Megan5 said:
Yeah, I have started reading it. I bought it from Co-op for about $12 I think.

I don't mind this subject. Lectures are really annoying me at the moment though. I think he reads off his notes too much.
It sounded like he was reading out sections of an essay today, which made it hard to distingush what is/isn't relevant. It was much better when people asked questions and he responded, without reading mechanically.
the co-op on campus?
how long is it? (the book)

neafoo

HSC
damn
looks like i have a weekend planned. >;(
i also still have to print out and read that essay for fridays lecture.

walrusbear

HSC
company_sin said:
Well, be grateful that you're being prepped for advanced English units in which nothing is spoon fed to you via lectures.

But I agree. He - like many staff members in the English department - is definitely not suited for first year English.
i believe i would have taken similar courses already
the pre-honours subjects are wearisome

neafoo

HSC
how was todays lecture for you?
lots of it made sense for me for once ;D

fredbob777

HSC
did anyone pick out what the lecturer said in the lecture yesterday about the first essay? it sounded like he said there was a new date it was due but i didnt quite pick it up?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
sigh. i hate this subject. its really disappointing because i love english normally and i'm *usually* pretty damn good at it if you dont mind my saying so. but this...is shit. i hate it. i spend the majority of the lecture time trying to make sense of what he's saying - and by the time i've deconstructed one part of what he's said and written it down in plain english he's moved on to the next point and i get confused. aargh. webct, mate. USE IT.

i dont have anything against stefan, by the way...he's nice, he's friendly and he's obviously very intelligent and he does seem to be making an effort to get us engaged...but his lecturing style boggles my mind :s

neafoo

HSC
Hes my tutor... someone in my tutorial asked if there was a webCT, he said he doesnt like them because he doesnt really like the reliance on the internet that alot of the subjects use.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I don't think using WebCT is an excessive reliance on the internet. It's the good use of a facility that enables students and teachers to interact a lot easier.

neafoo

HSC
ill do yours if you do mine :D

edit : i thought today was sunday and it was due tomorrow... now i have another day :D:D

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Some people work really well right against a deadline. I'm NOT one of those people, which is why I always have to finish assignments ahead of time. Each to their own!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)