ENGL1025- what the? (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
finished just then. sigh. relief...i struggled with writing this one for some reason.

it's quite seriously the shittest work i have done this year so far. but it's done and that's all i care about at this point. lol.

neafoo

HSC
ive finished my second re-write of it... im editting it now... cbf working on it more i think ive given up ;(

EDIT : does anyone know how to reference the film?

Last edited:

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
neafoo said:
ive finished my second re-write of it... im editting it now... cbf working on it more i think ive given up ;(

EDIT : does anyone know how to reference the film?
Just footnote it like this:

Anthony Minghella, The Talented Mr Ripley (Miramax, 1999).

neafoo

HSC
Thank You Very Much ;ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
not bad. i was kinda afraid the marker was going to be like "LOL, fail" all over it but i managed a credit, so all is good.

neafoo

HSC
i got a pass. and no markers comments either, so i dunno wtf i went wrong.

fredbob777

HSC
so does anybody know the outline for the final exam?
for instance we have been tested on Big Sleep, DIndemnity (1st essay), and Ripley (2nd essay), so does that mean we will be tested on Bliss in the final exam???

neafoo

HSC
fredbob777 said:
so does anybody know the outline for the final exam?
for instance we have been tested on Big Sleep, DIndemnity (1st essay), and Ripley (2nd essay), so does that mean we will be tested on Bliss in the final exam???
we got to choose on the first essay what to write about (i wrote about the day of the locust)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I fucking hate that we don't have webct.

neafoo

HSC
i only have a webct for one of my subjects.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I haven't really started thinking about it yet. I have no idea. Anyone have any ideas?

neafoo

HSC
Hes basically said if we've been to all the lectures then we're in a good position, and also if we've done all the readings.

Basically, since ive already done lecture summaries ill probably break it down into texts and look at all the shitty concepts of modernity in relation to them? I dont know.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i have a feeling im going to be quite royally fucked for this exam...not because i don't understand the content (i got the hang of it eventually) but my articulation of the concepts is a little, shall we say, flawed. i'm pretty certain the words "sort of" , "kinda" and "um" are not going to go down too well with him :eek:

neafoo

HSC
I think i know a bit about them all (except simulation, what the fuck is that??!?! :( ) but i dont think i could develop an arguement on their development or tie them all together. I'll just throw the word 'ambivalent' in 100 times i guess, he seems to like that one ;P.

gelina

HSC
all very good ideas.

it's the 19th and I havent started studying. don't know the texts front to back either. I wonder if I'll even passs...

but I'll get to studying those essays/concepts etc. Not sure if my lecture "notes" will help too much though.

ah this subject has been hell.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
How is everyone actually preparing for the exam? Are people preparing essays? If so, how are you writing them? Like, a paragraph per text discussing different themes, or what?

I'm totally stressing.

neafoo

HSC
I've just applied every concept of his to each text one by one.
I dont know about preparing essays since we dont know the question very well ... he said something about how the themes develop throughout the course or something i think (thats a big THINK too).

I wont have much more time to study for this one since all my exams are on consecutive days and engl1025 is last.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)