ENGL1025- what the? (1 Viewer)

neafoo

HSC
The first two sections are going to be short answer questions (about a pragraph response he said) and i dont remember exactly but for alot of them you had to identify what text a quote is from and the author of the text and maybe say a bit about how it relates to the overall text in relation to his themes. (dont hold me perfectly to this, but it means you have to have read all the text's according to him, incase it asks about one, but he also said the quote wont be too obscure). Im not too sure as to the specifics of section two, but like i said its short answer like section one.

Section 3 is an essay... he said theres only one question to choose from and i think he mentioned the word 'develop' or progress in relation to those shitty themes he goes on about.

He went over this in the last 2 lectures... did you not attend? Dont hold me to that outline but im pretty sure this is very roughly how the test is laid out :p

and btw, are these 'themes' he talks about, like modernity, cybernetic society etc, did he make them up? or are they actually concepts from elsewhere?

fredbob777

HSC
thanks for that, yeah i missed the last 2 weeks of the lectures, due to other requirements

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
How many texts are we supposed to discuss in the essay part? And does anyone know which ones specifically? I've heard people mention things like that the essay focuses on the texts were did towards the end of the unit more, since we've already written essays on some of the earlier ones.

wake_tonight

HSC
dagwoman said:
How many texts are we supposed to discuss in the essay part? And does anyone know which ones specifically? I've heard people mention things like that the essay focuses on the texts were did towards the end of the unit more, since we've already written essays on some of the earlier ones.
I have written down that he wasn't going to specify texts for the essay. However, sometimes in English they don't let you write essays on texts you've already written an essay on, so I'm going to concentrate on things from later in the course just to be safe.

neafoo

HSC
the fucking texts at the end of the reader completely baffle me. the precession of the simulcra, the eclipse of the spectacle, marxism and the merely cultural and false antithesis are all shit >;(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
neafoo said:
the fucking texts at the end of the reader completely baffle me. the precession of the simulcra, the eclipse of the spectacle, marxism and the merely cultural and false antithesis are all shit >;(
i know hey. i didn't mind the simulacra one but i kinda gave up on the other ones, sigh. if we have to talk about that merely cultural one i'll vomit all over my exam paper :eek: lol

neafoo

HSC
ive read them and dont really understand them :(

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
lol wassup guys
Haven't studied, haven't read/seen anything from Network onwards, haven't read anything from the reader, haven't been to a lecture since April.
It's looking good! :eek:

gelina

HSC
The essays get worse and worse as the course progressed.

I'm content with only knowing the Spirit of Capitalism and Panopticism, and a bit of simulacra and Claire Johnston's DI

Stuffff it. You guys seem way more prepared than me.

neafoo

HSC
ive been studying for this for ages ... gunna give up soon though im not getting anywhere D:

neafoo

HSC
i dont think i did very good in that D:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
oh wow it wasn't as hard as i thought it was going to be :D i was expecting way more vague theoretical questions. although i'm still fairly sure my last answer was composed almost entirely of bullshit with a sprinkling of quotes from Network :eek:

neafoo

HSC
i think ill fail just because my last essay was such a peice of cornwallace. ;(

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Pretty good considering I didn't study. Just threw out a bunch of crap about modernity I learnt in Sociology, and I got all the quotes from the first thing. Didn't get the V for Vendetta question because I hadn't seen it, other then that it was good

fredbob777

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
although i'm still fairly sure my last answer was composed almost entirely of bullshit with a sprinkling of quotes from Network :eek:
thats exactly what i did!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)