ENGLISH! (All courses welcome =D) (1 Viewer)

shaaali

HSC
Advanced - Poems by John Donne + 'The Scarlet Letter'
Ext. - "Five Bells" - Kenneth Slessor + 'The Great World' -David Malouf

Annalisee

HSC
LottoX said:
Thank fucking god they changed it from "Rites of Passage". Lamest unit ever.
It's really not that great! It's a really painful unit. there is no where to go with it, it's all the same shit whichever text you study.

Annalisee

HSC
What's with lame units first of in Prelim subjects?!

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere but what are some good poems to do an analysis on for changing self? I've done On Turning Ten by Billy Collins and I'm looking for another one.

Annalisee

HSC
I am majorly happy now as I have finished the assignment, it's not even 2o'clock am the day it's due! I feel so proud. Mind you it is the day BEFORE it's due, but I think we should overlook that.

zoeanne

HSC
Im doing Advanced English and we are studying Change at the moment which we are all getting sick of :bomb: if anyone has any idea of song lyrics-- poems i could use for my assessment on change i would love to hear from you
thanks
xx:)

tahnee.yeahh

HSC
im doing extention 1 english and we have a speech on the appropriation of utopias on popular culture.... our text is thomas more's utopia
anyone think of a good example of a utopia in reference to pop culture eg; a movie song etcc
any help would be good thanks :)

Red-Ink-Frenzy

HSC
Advanced English: we just finished "change", where we studied Robert Gray's poems (particularly "Journey: The North Coast" and "Meatworks"). They weren't bad, but I swear that man could find about a page of symbolism for getting chewing gum stuck on your shoe.

Now we've just started a critical study of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" by Ken Kesey. It would be much appreciated if anyone has any notes on this book that they would be willing to share!!

In Extension 1 we're doing transformation myths- at the moment the Cinderella Myth. Which is ok.

Dyne

HSC
In Advanced we're studying changing ( just had an assessment ) task and studying the book Jane Eyre in relation to 'changing'.

In my tiny, tiny Extension English class we're studying Romeo and Juliet amongst its many appropriations - not sure the name of the topic.

mauzy

HSC
Advanced: discovery - we've finished looking for Alibrandi and are now onto The power of one.

Extention: Romantisism & Gothic - Frankenstien and various romantic poets.

ccc123

HSC
mauzy said:
Advanced: discovery - we've finished looking for Alibrandi and are now onto The power of one.

Extention: Romantisism & Gothic - Frankenstien and various romantic poets.
Awesome line up of texts you've got there. I'd love to do Alibrandi and the power of one. Both great books.

the leader

HSC
tahnee.yeahh said:
im doing extention 1 english and we have a speech on the appropriation of utopias on popular culture.... our text is thomas more's utopia
anyone think of a good example of a utopia in reference to pop culture eg; a movie song etcc
any help would be good thanks :)
gee tahnee, you left it till two days before its due? and you've had, what, like 7 weeks?

P.S. it's rada

ebonybc

HSC
"change" is the lamest thing. but then, my teacher is too

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I would have loved to do political conflict.

fioni

HSC
In advanced we were doing power in gender relations && doing Plath && now we're doing a critical study on Othello involving many types of readings :headbang:

Sarbear8

HSC
Doing Advanced and the topic is Change and the poet Keats and he is really hard to understand! Is anyone else studing him?

mohdateeq

HSC
For Advanced English we are doin Survival and studied All Quiet on The Western Front.

steban

violin dude
HSC
English Advanced : Change (as everyone else)
main focus: Changing perspectives

though we are moving onto macbeth very soonz

our set texts are

In the Park - Gwen Harwood
Lines - Percey Shelly
Legend - forgot ==
Cats in the Craddle (harry and sumone i think)(tis the popular song)
Objection - Shakira
At seventeen/Josephene - another song, forgot artis, i think it was Janis Ian

aha, not very exciting = =, though we did a lil bit of john donne as well. His poem was rather huh to our class (we studied the holy sonnet)

in English ext: Analysing Jane Eyre

rather interesting, though still a lil boring, we focus on language, value and themes (has hints of gothic) and i think thats pretty much the title of the prelim module.

english is goodz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)