english ext 1... critical, creative or both? (1 Viewer)

tangerines

HSC
i’m a bit worried for this exam since our class had to switch electives between term 4 and term 1 (our old teacher quit and we’ve had two stand in teachers since, but they’re really great) so it was not fun relearning content but now i realise how fun all the electives are and how they teach different but still just as interesting ideas. we switched from reimagined worlds (pans labrinyth, Coleridge, left hand of darkness) to literary mindscapes (hamlet, lost in translation, dickinson) and i love all these texts. my related text is misery by anton chekov and wow i really feel like doing ee1 is so worth it, even though its my worst subject rn cus our class did not adapt well to the change in teachers/electives.

might be an unpopular opinion but i am really hoping for a full creative in section 1, the only thing im actually good at in english is imaginative writing LOL

DavidStorm

HSC
Meanwhile our teacher dipped a term early without teaching us anything to do with critical essays in Section A lol

HSC
if u get lucky, itll be a creative and u can just reuse what u prepared for mod c (that is only if you haven't prepared tho...)

but most people good at eng are praying for a 25mark critical since that is what actually differentiates between a pre-prepared response than writing a good one on the spot

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
how many texts does everyone talk about for elective? do yall do 1 related and 2 prescribed or 2 of both

unhealthyharold

HSC
i’m a bit worried for this exam since our class had to switch electives between term 4 and term 1 (our old teacher quit and we’ve had two stand in teachers since, but they’re really great) so it was not fun relearning content but now i realise how fun all the electives are and how they teach different but still just as interesting ideas. we switched from reimagined worlds (pans labrinyth, Coleridge, left hand of darkness) to literary mindscapes (hamlet, lost in translation, dickinson) and i love all these texts. my related text is misery by anton chekov and wow i really feel like doing ee1 is so worth it, even though its my worst subject rn cus our class did not adapt well to the change in teachers/electives.

might be an unpopular opinion but i am really hoping for a full creative in section 1, the only thing im actually good at in english is imaginative writing LOL
FULL CREATIVE FTW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)