english ext 1... critical, creative or both? (1 Viewer)

band6yesplease

HSC
+ when i say waffle i dont mean start calling things photosynthetically anachronistic just incorporate lit theory e.g. mimetics, reader-response etc. even if u make it rly simple it gets the marks
This is so good because i always want to write like a weird thing focused on a central metaphor and then, if theres a reflection, explain how its a metaphor for feminist struggles or some shit but freak out cause it doesn't have a storyline so I just cross it out and write a tacky year 6 story that ends w everyone happy hahaha

Rattlehead15

HSC
i smell a split analytical/creative this year....
If they wanna make it ocd friendly then it will be full creative but I agree I think it's most likely it will be split. I hope so at least. 25 mark analytical will be a welcome surprise though but looking at the track record they might have out done it

unhealthyharold

HSC
it's kinda good cause surely they won't inflict so much pain 2 years in a row hahahhaha

and surely they realised the JRAHS-esque schools are just mass producing pre-prepared creatives so its unfair
yeah but also full creative w a really really really specific question >>>>>

band6yesplease

HSC
Idk how it aligned last year because there's no data for it but if everyone magically did well last year I bet they would have learnt their lesson
This actually made me laugh out loud idk why HAHAHA
Come on NESA we believe in you

You're right about they may have overdone analytical BUT maybe they'll do it to try and trick us...

band6yesplease

HSC
so. anyone know how to write a critical
I did it in trials and I thought it was absolute rubbish and I got 23/25 for it heh I feel like they mark easier cause its a harder question type so that's good news.
Idak how to though like I just found 3 themes common to the extracts/question then answered the question with a focus on contextual stuff and culture...
Texts, Culture and Values is the year 11 thing we learnt about and one of my friends split her analytical like that and got a dece mark i think so that's not a bad idea

unhealthyharold

HSC
I did it in trials and I thought it was absolute rubbish and I got 23/25 for it heh I feel like they mark easier cause its a harder question type so that's good news.
Idak how to though like I just found 3 themes common to the extracts/question then answered the question with a focus on contextual stuff and culture...
Texts, Culture and Values is the year 11 thing we learnt about and one of my friends split her analytical like that and got a dece mark i think so that's not a bad idea
did u explicitly mention any theories?

Rattlehead15

HSC
I had an analytical for the trial as well. Didn't score as well as you though.. 🤣

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)