english ext 1... critical, creative or both? (1 Viewer)

Rattlehead15

HSC
Wait but how did you answer the question if not in terms of the stimulus?
I used the terminology from the stimulus when discussing my texts eg. social and moral ambiguities and I talked about how they incite action in the audience, since the extract person said 'political texts should get people up and moving instead of wondering what it was about' or something. So I related my essay to the stimulus but never actually quoted the stimulus. I only name dropped the stimulus in my conclusion to make sure the marker knows those theme incorporations like moral ambiguity were intentional.

James D H

HSC
I used the terminology from the stimulus when discussing my texts eg. social and moral ambiguities and I talked about how they incite action in the audience, since the extract person said 'political texts should get people up and moving instead of wondering what it was about' or something. So I related my essay to the stimulus but never actually quoted the stimulus. I only name dropped the stimulus in my conclusion to make sure the marker knows those theme incorporations like moral ambiguity were intentional.
The markers will see the terminology, and they will be happy you linked back to it in the conclusion. That's probably fine. It didn't say quotes were specifically needed.

HSC
I don't like how both Advanced and Extension this year were very friendly to pre-prepared responses. I wish that super specific stimulus was Section I instead of Section II.
i think that their aim was to mitigate pre-prepared responses doing well in section two this year, but that was definitely at the expense of a vague and easy section one to adapt to (probably in the name of giving people a chance if they weren't ready to entirely make things up on the spot in both sections).

but yeah, everyone i knew who uses pre-prepared responses was hoping for a 25mark creative haha!

HSC
how did uguys find it was it easy or hard? most people ive talked are hoping for high ass marks, so idk if its everyone else or jsut them lol

Rattlehead15

HSC
how did uguys find it was it easy or hard? most people ive talked are hoping for high ass marks, so idk if its everyone else or just them lol
Section I was easy compared to past questions, so I'm worried that will mean scaling won't be that good this year.
Section II was a bit weird/hard for me but I think that's just me.
So I think it's everyone, which is good and bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)