English Ext 1, October 31st (1 Viewer)

BornToHula

HSC
N/A
My next exam is Extension english, so I've got till then to prepare for english, Modern and Music 1 and then I am done! :)

A friend of mine is wondering if anyone knows whether a text can be specified in any Essay question for Ext 1? We're doing crime writing.

Vidhya

HSC
I don't think so...since no one studies all prescribed texts.

Kimbles2011

HSC
Let's hope not! I do Textual Dynamics though...

But then again, it's the Board of Studies...they pretty much specified in Advanced Module B... :S

Good luck with extension! Feeling ready?

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC

But then again, it's the Board of Studies...they pretty much specified in Advanced Module B... :S

But module b is a critical study so you should really know your one prescribed text/collection in detail, whereas in other modules the text is used to supplement what the module is about.
Btw, I don't know why you're all going off about it so much, they did it to standard last year. Standard.

Kimbles2011

HSC
I wasn't going off. In fact, I quite enjoyed the module b question.

I was merely pointing out that the Board of Studies can throw anything at us...

yours

HSC
I have to revise what I wrote in my trials but, I don't know if you guys agree, english ext 1 has felt like a huge wank this year, in that we did practically nothing in class and just pulled something out at the last minute for the exams each time we had them.

Kimbles2011

HSC
I have to revise what I wrote in my trials but, I don't know if you guys agree, english ext 1 has felt like a huge wank this year, in that we did practically nothing in class and just pulled something out at the last minute for the exams each time we had them.
I agree...I find it quite ambiguous, particularly with creative writing. What elective do you do?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Not you, I meant the entire boredofstudies community in general.
i don't even think its the BoS community in general, more like a few n00bs who never post and use their accounts to whine about their exams because their rote-learned prepared essay didn't fit the question and they have to blame the boardofstudies for not catering for those who know shit all about their text

Kimbles2011

HSC
Does anybody have a brilliant creative/essay idea that they would like to share for textual dynamics? :D

BornToHula

HSC
N/A

Yeah, I did Speeches for Module B and thought the question was horrible. I'd prepared for Pearson and Atwood thinking the question would be in the style of "with reference to ONE male/female/australian/political/non political speaker" hence why I picked two that covered all those possibilities.

Anyway yeah, I didn't think they'd be able to specify for Ext 1. Along with Ext 2 It'll probably count for me too as I'm not ready for modern...

eyeswideshut

HSC
anyone do romanticism? I hope my story works with the stimulus and I'm guessing the essay might be on the individual/idealism/sublime since it was on imagination and human experience 2 years ago and some weird ways of thinking/enduring relevance question last year

Galladrim

HSC
No they can't specify a text. That goes against the whole of Extension as opposed to Advanced. It's meant to allow you more scope and freedom to answer the question in the manner that you see fit. More conceptual engagement than spewing out techniques.

acemusic415

HSC
I hope the stimulus for the creative writing fucked up nor is the essay question some random question that deviates from the typical contextual question. I hope it's a solid exam, not too bad or not too easy.

Kimbles2011

HSC
I hope the stimulus for the creative writing fucked up nor is the essay question some random question that deviates from the typical contextual question. I hope it's a solid exam, not too bad or not too easy.
I completely agree. But I doubt it. We'll probably all come out thinking Wtf...
Did you do the CSSA trial?

acemusic415

HSC
I completely agree. But I doubt it. We'll probably all come out thinking Wtf...
Did you do the CSSA trial?
Yes complete mind fuck. But my teacher did say that it shouldn't be too specific as the Catholic Paper. At the same time it shouldn't be too simple. If I remember correctly, the essay question did deviate from the typical contextual - social and cultural attitudes - question.

Vidhya

HSC
Last year's questions were quite easy. That could possibly mean that they throw something retarded at us this time. But it can't completely deviate from contexts and moulding conventions etc can it :( that's what the syllabus requires. I'm shit scared, and I don't even wanna think about the creative composition ques.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)