English Ext 1 - Worth Doing? (1 Viewer)

Magicana

HSC
wrxsti said:
Dont do extension english....... u will regret doing it .... like i am right now :(
You will only regret it if you aren't capable of doing the work to a good level.

Evercursed

Troubled Thinker
HSC
Depending on module, it can be one of the easiest courses to get the marks in if you know what you're doing and genuinely love english. Other than that, if you're just doing it for the scaling, I advise to run away. Loads of y12 guys in my class have quit due to hectic workload.

HSC
well you can do it if you like english (like me) and if you are good at it.

i quitted because the topics we did were pretty crappy. It was all 19th century stuff CONTINUOSLY e.g. Jane eyre, wuthering heights and poems by people like John keats. and also they told me to quit, because according to their standards i was shit. go figure.

but by doing it for two terms i gained pretty good skills which was very good for advanced.

so yeah consider things like your skills and whether you like the stuff you're doing.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
CheeseHelpLine said:
well you can do it if you like english (like me) and if you are good at it.

i quitted because the topics we did were pretty crappy. It was all 19th century stuff CONTINUOSLY e.g. Jane eyre, wuthering heights and poems by people like John keats. and also they told me to quit, because according to their standards i was shit. go figure.

but by doing it for two terms i gained pretty good skills which was very good for advanced.

so yeah consider things like your skills and whether you like the stuff you're doing.
Erm?

trao06

HSC
pc4pc said:
of course it has a much lighter workload. it's one unit compared to advance's two! you might aswell give the subject a try.
the workload for me is actually MUCH higher than it is in advanced.

i personally find the subject really interesting and enjoyable, especially because it looks at the creative aspect of english. i'm really struggling with the workload thought, mostly because i do about 2 other subjects involving a lot of essay writing, so be careful about that!

if anyone's interested, the texts we have studied/are studying in year 11 are frankenstein, the odyssey, o brother where art thou, and cold mountain. the last 3 are a part of the same topic, so all are based on the odyssey.

porquoispas

HSC
Fuck yeah! Go 4 it... it's way easier than advanced and more interesting 2..

Zephyrio

HSC
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT.

It's the BEST subject ever. Seriously.

(though it does depend on which HSC elective you're doing. I heard that Jachie's one isn't too good.)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Do it.

Personally, i found it to be far less stressful than advanced english and i honestly didn't think there was a lot of work involved. Give it a go at least. :)

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I do regret that I didn't at least have a go at EE1. Sounds fun, and they say its much different to Advanced English.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Kujah said:
I do regret that I didn't at least have a go at EE1. Sounds fun, and they say its much different to Advanced English.
It is. :)

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
Wow, talk about digging a thread out of the dirt!

I'm in year 12 now, doing 4 unit english too. :bomb:

BlackAshes

HSC
U.. If you hate it in the first term, thats a good indication to GET OUT! I couldn't.. i kept trying to stick it out, and then it was too late to change.
If you liek it, stick with it. If you hate it... it doesn't get any better.
But you may aswell give it a shot first.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
BlackAshes said:
U.. If you hate it in the first term, thats a good indication to GET OUT! I couldn't.. i kept trying to stick it out, and then it was too late to change.
If you liek it, stick with it. If you hate it... it doesn't get any better.
But you may aswell give it a shot first.
LOL, you didn't read the post above you. :p

mecramarathon

HSC
Urghhh there is a mixture of opinions on whether or not english extension is worth doing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)