• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

english hate (1 Viewer)

Darrow

Executant of Life
HSC
mugenR said:
yep fuck english YAY LETS MAKE A SUBJECT AND SEE WHO CAN MEMORISE A BILLION ESSAYS THE BEST AND DESCRIBE HOW THE DUMBEST THINGS IN THE UNIVERSE REFLECT ON THE "RESPONDER" :vcross:
lol,
You so win
But remember, when studying Harwood, its best to undergo a personal journey of discovery within the poem.
/sigh :devil:

edit: Oh Aplus,
You dont know our year 12 pain

Annalisee

HSC
You know what, I reckon if I was better at english I'd enjoy it. but it's bullshit mixed with quotes which I bet isn't most people here's idea of a good time.
it's a pain in the arse with no relevance to life, I think english should be learning HOW to write in different styles and the appropriate use of language not analysing techniques and memorising quotes.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
I don't mind it. However, I have an English assessment tomorrow combined with no preparation, which is a concern.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
black_kat_meow said:
Wait, so everyone else's opinion is valid, as it agrees with yours, but ones that don't are purely "opinions"?

No wonder all you people hate English, your tutor can't help you if you're a dumb fuck.

(Note: emytaylor164, sorry, this isn't directed at you, I'm just getting tired of these threads...)
oh i wasnt saying his opinion wasnt valid

Cassias

HSC
i hate friggen english, whats the point of studying truth telling or what ever crap it is we have to study... honestly

tahls--

HSC
Shakespeare and Yeats suck.
But other than that the English course is ok.
Can't say I'm a fan of extension one, but I love extension two.

Allan vB

HSC
I love my English, each and every one of the four units!

If you can think logically, write with moderate vocab and convey some sort of purpose it's really not that hard to get at least 75-80... It's not that bad; you have to do it so it's better to try and like it...

The last time I expressed my interest in English I was attacked on one of these forums... sigh, the pain of it all...

My teacher despises the use of my "..." - the ellipsis...

Hysterik

HSC
Annalisee said:
You know what, I reckon if I was better at english I'd enjoy it. but it's bullshit mixed with quotes which I bet isn't most people here's idea of a good time.
it's a pain in the arse with no relevance to life, I think english should be learning HOW to write in different styles and the appropriate use of language not analysing techniques and memorising quotes.
Sorry, but if you think that English is just memorising quotes it's pretty obvious why you don't like it. Not attacking you anything, but it's starting to piss me off that people attack English because you have "memorise essays and quotes". I never memorise quotes, they're completely irrelevant. English is about analysing a text and being able to recall textual detail rather than just "quotes". And memorising an essay does shit all.

jcurry

HSC
Hysterik said:
Sorry, but if you think that English is just memorising quotes it's pretty obvious why you don't like it. Not attacking you anything, but it's starting to piss me off that people attack English because you have "memorise essays and quotes". I never memorise quotes, they're completely irrelevant. English is about analysing a text and being able to recall textual detail rather than just "quotes". And memorising an essay does shit all.
at my school if you have no quotes the best you can get is roughly 50%so memorising them becomes a priority
f*ck got english assessment tomorrow and havent even read King Lear yet, might help if the school gave me a copy considering i paid for one, the bitches

Allan vB

HSC
Hysterik said:
i agree... It's not what you know but more to do with how you use it. Quotes can be useful but in no way does an essay depend solely on the use of quotes.

I highly doubt that you're only able to score about 50% with no quotes... If that's what you've been getting then your argument must be rather thin - in other words, bad. Quotes alone do not merit a high mark but rather the way that they are used to support what you are saying.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
What's wrong with "I hate english" threads? Many people rant about the same bf/gf problems, so why shouldn't many people rant about something they're forced to do?

ccc123

HSC
minijumbuk said:
What's wrong with "I hate english" threads? Many people rant about the same bf/gf problems, so why shouldn't many people rant about something they're forced to do?
Nothing is 'wrong' with a rant per se. I just don't see what it achieves. The time you spend whinging about it could be time better spent refining your skills in 2 units that will, whether you like it or not, count towards your UAI.

iirwin

HSC
Hysterik said:

3unit french WTF WTF WTF WTF

HSC
wow, never seen this type of thread before. there isn't that much time to go until the exams, suck it up and study.

black_kat_meow said:
I'm just getting tired of these threads...)
cc123 said:
So over these 'I hate English' threads. It's compulsory, deal with it. Sing a new tune English-haters.
QFT

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ccc123 said:
Nothing is 'wrong' with a rant per se. I just don't see what it achieves. The time you spend whinging about it could be time better spent refining your skills in 2 units that will, whether you like it or not, count towards your UAI.
Then what does ranting about losing bf/gf achieve? Some people love whinging (including I) and it is your freedom whether to respond to that or not. Please don't put someone down for whinging as long as it is not excessive. Little whinging gets rid of stress. :)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: english hate

hate it, but dealing with it :)

i can see how it's easy though, jut never put the effort in it

Aplus

HSC
N/A
michael1990 said:
Disagree with you there man.

To be good at english you need to have a good vocab, be able to write logically and be very good with wording.
Just read extensively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)